|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through They Tore Down the Polo Grounds in 1964.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ray, which position player can teach you everything you need to know about a game?
(a) The first basemen.
(b) The catcher.
(c) The left fielder.
(d) The pitcher.
2. Why does Ray stop in Chicago on his road trip to New Hampshire?
(a) To visit the world's tallest building, Sears Tower.
(b) He only stops to get gas and something to eat.
(c) To watch a baseball game at Comiskey Park.
(d) To visit the Baseball Hall of Fame.
3. How does a famous baseball writer describe Shoeless Joe Jackson and a piece of his equipment?
(a) His bat cracks like Zues' lightning.
(b) His eyes never met a pitch he couldn't hit.
(c) His glove is the place where triples go to die.
(d) He runs too fast for his shoes to stay on.
4. How many times does Ray hear the voice's first instructions?
(a) Three times.
(c) Five times.
5. What is the third message Ray hears from the voice?
(a) "Find him."
(b) "Return to Iowa."
(c) "He is coming."
(d) "Go the distance."
Short Answer Questions
1. What compliment does Shoeless Joe give Ray about the field?
2. Ray describes falling in love with Iowa as a religious experience, but why can't he talk about it?
3. How did Shoeless Joe get his nickname?
4. As he approaches New Hampshire, Ray has a flashback to a lecture he once heard about JD Salinger. Who is giving the lecture?
5. Where around the field does Ray sit to watch Shoeless Joe play for the first time?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)