|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through They Tore Down the Polo Grounds in 1964.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after the seventh inning stretch in "They Tore Down the Polo Grounds in 1964"?
(a) JD Salinger sneaks out of the stadium without Ray.
(b) Ray sees an entry for a baseball player on the stadium scoreboard.
(c) The game is rained out.
(d) There is a fight between the two teams.
2. How did Shoeless Joe get his nickname?
(a) He was too poor to buy new shoes so he simply played in his socks.
(b) He ran so fast around the bases that sometimes his shoes would fall off.
(c) We are never told, the name just stuck.
(d) His spikes hurt him so mid-way through the game. he'd take them off and play in his socks.
3. What position did Ray's father play in the minor leagues?
(c) First base.
(d) Left field.
4. What happens while Ray is having dinner at a Greek diner?
(a) Ray gets a phone call from Annie.
(b) A kitchen fire erupts forcing the restaurant to evacuate.
(c) He hears another message from the voice.
(d) There is a hold-up in the restaurant.
5. In the first game, why can't Ray see other players' faces?
(a) They are turned the wrong way.
(b) They don't have faces.
(c) The field isn't completed.
(d) They are too far away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Annie teases Ray that he couldn't know J.D. Salinger, but Ray feels that J.D. Salinger somehow knows him. How?
2. When Shoeless Joe first talks with Ray, how does he describe being banned from baseball?
3. At the end of Chapter One, what does Shoeless Joe mistake Ray's field for?
4. According to Ray, which position player can teach you everything you need to know about a game?
5. At the end if of the first game, Shoeless Joe mentions "the others." Who is he referring to?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)