Shoeless Joe Jackson Comes to Iowa
• Ray Kinsella is an Iowa corn farmer who hears a voice telling him only, "If you build it, he will come."
• Ray has a vision of his childhood hero, Shoeless Joe Jackson, playing on a baseball field built within his cornfield.
• Ray's wife, Annie, encourages him to build the field, believing he should do what makes him happy--not thinking that this idea is at all crazy.
• Ray begins to build his field, concentrating only on the section that would be left field.
• Ray senses "gathering magic" and after three years of building and growing left field, Shoeless Joe appears on the field.
• Having played in one game on Ray's field, Shoeless Joe asks Ray if this field is heaven.
They Tore Down the Polo Grounds in 1964
• Ray completes the rest of the baseball field, with a new member of the Black Sox...
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)