|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the first individual have a nervous breakdown?
(a) In her home.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) In a courtroom.
(d) In her car.
2. The Canopeans decide to split the Natives' what, in Chapter 9?
3. In Chapter 8, Britain and other European countries are blamed for what?
(a) World War II.
(b) Global warming.
(c) World War I.
(d) Worldwide poverty.
4. How does Johor feel about the state of Shikasta, upon his return?
(a) He is saddened.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is angry.
5. Which shell concerns human history?
(a) Zone One.
(b) Zone Five.
(c) Zone Six.
(d) Zone Three.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the first individual feel about her countrymen?
2. What do some Canopeans believe should be done with Shikasta?
3. The very nature of Shikasta results in what?
4. The Canopeans' choice to split the Natives is reminiscent of what story from the Old Testament?
5. Who does Johor find in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is reported in Chapter 9 regarding the Natives, Dwarves and Elves?
2. Who is the individual known as "The Brand"?
3. What is the "Age of Ideology"?
4. What event in Chapter 9 parallels a story from the Old Testament?
5. What does Johor notice about the Natives upon his return to Shikasta after 30,000 years?
6. Who are the Giants?
7. What does Johor report regarding Taufiq in Chapter 7?
8. How did individual eight's life end?
9. What does Johor do when he finds Ben and Sais in Chapter 6?
10. Who is Johor, and what is his job?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)