|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Johor's worst experience is with what planet?
2. What happens to individual eight that makes her so unhappy?
(a) She is raped.
(b) She is jailed for a crime she didn't commit.
(c) Her family is killed by the Shammat.
(d) She is let go, quickly and unceremoniously, by her long-term employer.
3. Taufiq was incarnated on Shikasta after what war?
(a) The Russo-American War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The American Civil War.
(d) World War II.
4. Johor communicates with Taufiq, and is able to get Taufiq to make what change?
(a) He remembers who he is, and what his mission on Shikasta is.
(b) Taufiq abandons his chosen profession in favor of the one he was intended for.
(c) He agrees to return to the Canopean embassy, and act as a liaison for Shikasta.
(d) After a long stretch of animosity, he becomes friendly with the Canopeans.
5. What does the second individual become?
(a) A saint.
(b) A pirate.
(c) A cult leader.
(d) A politician.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the cities on Shikasta constructed?
2. Who does Johor find in Chapter 12?
3. What happened to the ethical laws Johor gave to the Shikastans?
4. How do the lives of the Shikastans upon Johor's return compare with the last time he was there?
5. What was the second individual's childhood like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is said in Chapter 8 regarding World War II?
2. How are the British people described in Chapter 8?
3. What does Johor report regarding Taufiq in Chapter 7?
4. What is said about religion in Chapter 10?
5. Who is Taufiq?
6. What does Johor notice about the Natives upon his return to Shikasta after 30,000 years?
7. What happens to the Giants when Shikasta is cut off from the Lock?
8. What does Johor do when he finds Ben and Sais in Chapter 6?
9. How is Shikasta described at the beginning of the novel?
10. Who was the first individual introduced in Chapter 11, and what would John Brent-Oxford have done for her as a lawyer?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)