|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens at the end of Chapter 33?
(a) Benjamin refuses to help George with his political ambitions.
(b) Chen Liu and Ku Yuang are arrested, re-educated, and killed.
(c) George's parents die.
(d) George resigns from leadership of the youth armies.
2. To whom is Tafta writing in Chapter 26?
(a) George's parents.
(b) His master, Lord Zarlem.
(c) The Giant leader, Jarsum.
(d) The Canopean embassy.
3. What do the Shammat want to do with George in Chapter 26?
(a) Assassinate him.
(b) Capture him and force him to stop being a leader, and kill him if he refuses.
(c) Continue covertly observing his activities.
(d) Send him to a penal colony.
4. What does George tell Rachel, in Chapter 28, to help her deal with the news she receives?
(a) Her loved ones are in a better place now.
(b) She is destined to be an important part of their movement.
(c) She has to trust that there is a greater purpose and a reason for her suffering.
(d) If she doesn't toughen up, she will have to come back in another incarnation.
5. Who stages the mock trial in Chapter 33?
(a) Shammat dignitaries.
(b) The youth armies.
(c) The white races.
(d) Canopean emissaries.
6. Which family does Johor choose, and why?
(a) A British family, because they are rich and will have all the resources he needs.
(b) A Muslim family, because they are intelligent and compassionate.
(c) An African family, because they live in an area where Johor could easily accomplish his goals.
(d) One of mixed race, because they will have an easier time understanding the perspective of others.
7. What ideology is described as most dangerous, in Chapter 19?
8. Who is Tafta?
(a) A Canopean emissary.
(b) Benjamin's roommate in college.
(c) The Shammat Lord of Shikasta.
(d) One of George's teachers.
9. Chapter 31 reports that George is planning on seeking reelection as leader of the youth armies in what area?
(a) The Northwest Fringes.
(d) North Africa.
10. What is happening to Benjamin in Chapter 31?
(a) He is being held in a Shammat penitentiary.
(b) He is being shipped off to another planet.
(c) He is undergoing re-education.
(d) He is being recalled to the Canopean embassy.
11. How much SOWF does Lynda believe other people receive?
12. Who is Hasan?
(a) One of George's teachers.
(b) The Sherbans' neighbor.
(c) Rachel's boyfriend.
(d) Benjamin's cousin.
13. The Sherbans don't care much for what?
(a) Political ideology.
(b) Popular music.
(c) Social mores.
14. Who is the first witness George calls on in Chapter 33?
(a) John Brent-Oxford.
(b) Sharma Patel.
(c) An Asian woman.
(d) A Hopi man.
15. Chapter 19 also describes the plight of what group of people on Shikasta?
(b) The poorest.
(c) The Muslims.
(d) The Giants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ideologies declined during the time period described in Chapter 19?
2. What devastating news does Rachel receive in Chapter 28?
3. Rachel states in Chapter 30 that George had ordered her to do what?
4. What happened to Rachel, as detailed in Chapter 31?
5. Chapter 19 details the events of what century?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)