|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Tafta writing in Chapter 26?
(a) The Canopean embassy.
(b) George's parents.
(c) The Giant leader, Jarsum.
(d) His master, Lord Zarlem.
2. What rumor does Rachel hear in Chapter 30?
(a) Suzannah is pregnant.
(b) George is a Shammat spy.
(c) There is a plot to kill George.
(d) Benjamin has been brainwashed.
3. Where were George, Benjamin and Rachel born?
4. What happens to Johor and his friends in Chapter 20?
(a) They are all arrested by the Canopean army.
(b) They journey to Shikasta, and incarnate as siblings.
(c) They are captured by the Shammat agents on Shikasta.
(d) They are recruited by the Canopean militia to fight the Shammat on Shikasta.
5. How does George Herbert's attitude towards Lynda's claims change over time?
(a) He begins to think she is seriously deranged.
(b) He begins to have doubts.
(c) He begins to take her more seriously.
(d) His attitude remains unchanged.
6. What is John Brent-Oxford's role, in Chapter 33?
(a) He is the Prosecutor.
(b) He is the court scribe.
(c) He is the defense attorney.
(d) He is the judge.
7. What do Rachel and Benjamin have to do, in Chapter 25, that George doesn't?
(a) Attend government rallies.
(b) Care for their aging parents.
(c) Sign up for the draft.
(d) Prepare for exams.
8. Who is Suzannah?
(a) George's girlfriend.
(b) George's teacher.
(c) Rachel's roommate.
(d) Benjamin's neighbor.
9. Who is Raymond Watts?
(a) One of George's teachers.
(b) Rachel's boyfriend.
(c) A spy George recruits for his movement.
(d) A Sirian agent reporting on Shammat activities on Shikasta.
10. According to Chapter 14, what is most divisive among humans?
(a) The generation gap.
(c) Scientific thought.
(d) Religious differences.
11. What does Rachel do in Chapter 30 in response to hearing the rumor?
(a) She goes to find Benjamin and help him escape.
(b) She goes home to protect her parents.
(c) She disguises herself, and goes to find George.
(d) She kills Suzannah.
12. Chapter 22 details a growing gap, and more hostility, between what two groups?
(a) The Canopeans and the Shammat.
(b) The Natives and the Giants.
(c) Whites and minorities.
(d) Rich and poor.
13. What happens at the end of Chapter 33?
(a) George's parents die.
(b) Benjamin refuses to help George with his political ambitions.
(c) Chen Liu and Ku Yuang are arrested, re-educated, and killed.
(d) George resigns from leadership of the youth armies.
14. How does George Herbert feel about Lynda's claims, initially?
(a) He doesn't believe her.
(b) He has his doubts.
(c) He believes her wholeheartedly.
(d) He thinks she may be right.
15. What is happening to Benjamin in Chapter 31?
(a) He is being held in a Shammat penitentiary.
(b) He is being recalled to the Canopean embassy.
(c) He is undergoing re-education.
(d) He is being shipped off to another planet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is George Herbert?
2. Who is the Jewish woman who taught George in New York?
3. How is John Brent-Oxford killed?
4. What doctrine is the teacher in Chapter 17 professing to his students?
5. What is the subject of Agent 20's report?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)