|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creates the most anxiety in humans, according to Chapter 14?
(a) The horrors of war and other conflicts.
(b) Intolerance between races.
(c) Religious insecurities.
(d) Short lifespans.
2. What do the Shammat want to do with John Brent-Oxford in Chapter 26?
(a) Assassinate him.
(b) Send him to a penal colony.
(c) Capture him and force him to stop being a leader, and kill him if he refuses.
(d) Re-educate him.
3. Who is Hasan?
(a) Rachel's boyfriend.
(b) The Sherbans' neighbor.
(c) Benjamin's cousin.
(d) One of George's teachers.
4. What ideologies rose to replace the declining ones, in Chapter 19?
5. Why does Rachel keep a diary?
(a) She has a poor memory.
(b) George wants her to.
(c) It starts as a school project.
(d) She hopes to get it published someday.
6. What happened to Rachel, as detailed in Chapter 31?
(a) She was injured in an assassination attempt on her brother.
(b) She was killed in a youth army plot gone awry.
(c) She was kidnapped by Shammat agents.
(d) She suffered a mental breakdown, and committed suicide.
7. Who is Raymond Watts?
(a) One of George's teachers.
(b) A Sirian agent reporting on Shammat activities on Shikasta.
(c) A spy George recruits for his movement.
(d) Rachel's boyfriend.
8. What is the subject of Agent 20's report?
(a) The state of the unincarnated souls in Zone Six.
(b) Ben and Rilla's influence on Shikastan Natives.
(c) A male cat who cares for a female cat until it dies.
(d) The Shammat transmitter on Shikasta.
9. What doctrine is the teacher in Chapter 17 professing to his students?
(c) Intelligent Design.
(d) He refuses to teach any of these.
10. Where were George, Benjamin and Rachel born?
11. Who was elevated to a position as undisputed leader as a result of the trial?
(c) Chen Liu.
12. Who does Johor search for when he reincarnates?
(b) Ben and Rilla.
(c) David and Sais.
(d) Suzannah and Rachel.
13. Chapter 22 describes the rise of what, as a result of the economic and social problems on Shikasta?
(a) Gang warfare.
(b) Police brutality.
(c) Youth armies.
(d) Organized crime.
14. To what is the teacher in Chapter 17 contributing, according to Johor?
(a) Progressive thinking in the next generation.
(b) An overthrow of Christian dominion.
(c) Spreading the word of God.
(d) Scientific progression.
15. Rachel states in Chapter 30 that George had ordered her to do what?
(a) Meet him at his final destination.
(b) Stay with Suzannah and help her.
(c) Stay at home and care for their parents.
(d) Focus on her schooling, and stay out of politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Sherbans don't care much for what?
2. Who is writing to George in Chapter 32?
3. What longing does George express, in his letters in Chapter 29?
4. How much SOWF does Lynda believe other people receive?
5. Who stages the mock trial in Chapter 33?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)