|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to individual eight that makes her so unhappy?
(a) She is let go, quickly and unceremoniously, by her long-term employer.
(b) She is raped.
(c) She is jailed for a crime she didn't commit.
(d) Her family is killed by the Shammat.
2. Why does Taufiq bring humanoids from other planets in Chapter 9?
(a) To shift the genetics of the population.
(b) To defeat the Shikastans, and take over their planet.
(c) To work for the Shikastans.
(d) To hasten the Shikastans' evolution.
3. What was the first individual's crime?
(a) She refused to pay taxes.
(b) She kidnapped a child.
(c) She killed someone.
(d) She destroyed property.
4. The first woman mentioned in Chapter 11 lives where?
(a) The Northwest Fringes.
(c) North America.
5. Chapter 2 is a guide, written for whom?
(a) Youth army members.
(b) Shammat agents.
(c) Colonial servants.
(d) Canopean emissaries.
6. Chapter 8 describes the British as being tolerant of a high degree of what?
(b) Economic inequality.
(c) Lack of education.
(d) Racist behavior.
7. What is the fourth individual's nickname?
(a) The Brand.
(b) The Jackal.
(c) The Crow.
(d) The Gun.
8. What does the Lock do?
(a) Prevents Rohanda's enemies from penetrating its atmosphere.
(b) Connects Rohanda to the galactic flow of energies.
(c) Prevents Rohanda's inhabitants from leaving the planet.
(d) Keeps the Natives and the Giants separated.
9. What does Johor try to locate on Shikasta, in Chapter 6?
(a) The capitol city of the Natives.
(b) The Shammat transmittor.
(c) The capitol city of the Giants.
(d) The Canopean embassy.
10. Where does the first individual have a nervous breakdown?
(a) In a restaurant.
(b) In her car.
(c) In her home.
(d) In a courtroom.
11. In Chapter 9, Taufiq reports that what major change has taken place on Earth?
(a) The ozone layer has disappeared.
(b) The rainforests are gone.
(c) Most islands are underwater.
(d) The magnetic poles have flipped.
12. How does the first individual feel about her countrymen?
(a) She feels connected to them.
(b) She feels a strong sense of patriotism.
(c) She feels that some of them do not belong there.
(d) She feels alienated from them.
13. Johor returns to Shikasta how many years after his first visit?
14. The Canopeans decide to split the Natives' what, in Chapter 9?
15. What happens to the remainder of Shikasta's inhabitants?
(a) They are transported to a Shammat holding facility.
(b) They are temporarily relocated to a space station.
(c) They are scattered to other planets.
(d) They are reconnected to SOWF.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the fourth individual grow up?
2. Who does Johor find in Chapter 12?
3. What is individual eight's profession?
4. What is Johor's job?
5. What does Shikasta mean?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)