|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Taufiq's name when he incarnated on Shikasta?
(a) James Sheridan.
(b) Jason Urbane.
(c) John Brent-Oxford.
(d) Benjamin Sherban.
2. What happens to Rohanda after it is cut off from the Lock?
(a) The Shammat are able to drain it even faster.
(b) It is abandoned by all of its inhabitants.
(c) The Canopeans abandon it.
3. In Chapter 9, Johor interacts with a man who is clearly what Old Testament figure?
4. What cuts Rohanda off from the Lock?
(a) Shammat interference.
(b) A cosmic disturbance.
(c) The Canopeans.
5. In Chapter 12, what is Johor unable to do?
(a) Convince Taufiq to leave Shikasta.
(b) Find a way off of Shikasta.
(c) Contact the special individuals.
(d) Find his friends Ben and Rilla.
6. What happened to Taufiq as a result of his chosen profession?
(a) He made important contributions to the medical and scientific community.
(b) His personality was distorted, and he became a national figure.
(c) He was able to help others, and became famous for it.
(d) He was assassinated by a supporter of one of his rivals.
7. What does Johor attempt to do to his friends after finding them?
(a) Wake them up with the Signature.
(b) Convince them to incarnate on Shikasta.
(c) Recruit them to help him.
(d) Explain their mission to them.
8. By the end of the twentieth century, Shikasta's population is reduced by how much?
9. Who is Jarsum?
(a) Another Canopean emissary.
(b) The leader of the Giants.
(c) Johor's brother.
(d) A Shammat agent.
10. What is Johor searching for, at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Other Canopean emissaries.
(b) Unincarnated refugees.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
11. What is individual eight's profession?
(a) Immigration agent for Canopea.
(b) Immigrant worker in a small town.
(c) Agent of the Shammat.
(d) Terrorist and criminal.
12. Johor communicates with Taufiq, and is able to get Taufiq to make what change?
(a) He remembers who he is, and what his mission on Shikasta is.
(b) Taufiq abandons his chosen profession in favor of the one he was intended for.
(c) He agrees to return to the Canopean embassy, and act as a liaison for Shikasta.
(d) After a long stretch of animosity, he becomes friendly with the Canopeans.
13. Who does Johor find in Chapter 12?
(a) Ben and Rilla.
(b) David and Rilla.
(c) David and Sais.
(d) Ben and Sais.
14. What do the Canopeans blame for the conflicts in the 20th century?
(a) A near-total lack of SOWF.
(b) The whites' suppression of other races.
(c) The absence of an external, supervising authority.
(d) Humans' limited cognitive abilities.
15. What word best describes Shikasta?
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 8 describes the British as being tolerant of a high degree of what?
2. What does the Lock do?
3. What is the fourth individual's nickname?
4. Why does Johor incarnate on Shikasta?
5. According to Johor, in his report in Chapter 13, what did the white races do?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)