|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Johor's worst experience is with what planet?
2. In Chapter 12, what is Johor unable to do?
(a) Find a way off of Shikasta.
(b) Convince Taufiq to leave Shikasta.
(c) Contact the special individuals.
(d) Find his friends Ben and Rilla.
3. What would have the second individual's defense have been, if she had the proper lawyer?
(a) That she was an unwilling participant in the crime.
(b) That she was falsely accused.
(c) That she was a victim of indoctrination.
(d) That she was criminally insane.
4. Individual three's philosophy is close to what school of thought?
(a) Italian Fascism.
(b) American Democracy.
(c) Russian Marxism.
(d) German Nazism.
5. What happens to the cities once Shikasta is cut off from the Lock?
(a) They burn down.
(b) They become uninhabitable.
(d) They disappear.
6. Chapter 8 describes the British as being tolerant of a high degree of what?
(a) Racist behavior.
(c) Lack of education.
(d) Economic inequality.
7. What "ideology" do the Canopeans consider most dangerous?
(c) Intelligent design.
(d) Military interference.
8. What happens to the Natives when Shikasta is cut off from the Lock?
(a) They begin to fall ill and die.
(b) They forget everything they know about how to care for themselves.
(c) They erupt into violence.
(d) They lose their ability to communicate verbally with one another.
9. What is Johor's job?
(a) Recruiting new soldiers for the youth groups.
(b) Observing the results of the genetic experiments in the Southern Hemisphere.
(c) Monitoring the flow of SOWF.
(d) Tending to the order of the Canopean colonies.
10. The "Northwest Fringes" are analogous to what nonfictional place?
(a) Great Britain.
(d) North America.
11. What do the Canopeans blame for the conflicts in the 20th century?
(a) Humans' limited cognitive abilities.
(b) A near-total lack of SOWF.
(c) The absence of an external, supervising authority.
(d) The whites' suppression of other races.
12. What other friend does Johor find in Chapter 12?
13. What is the Shammat transmitter made of?
(c) Effluon 3.
14. What was Taufiq supposed to become when he incarnated on Shikasta?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A politician.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A doctor.
15. The first woman mentioned in Chapter 11 lives where?
(a) North America.
(d) The Northwest Fringes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 9 details the history of Shikasta between what two events?
2. What was the second individual's childhood like?
3. What do the "primitive" peoples do, after the Second World War?
4. What is the relationship between the Giants and Natives on Shikasta?
5. The ceremony discussed by Johor in Chapter 13 originated in what country?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)