|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Rohanda after it is cut off from the Lock?
(a) The Shammat are able to drain it even faster.
(b) The Canopeans abandon it.
(c) It is abandoned by all of its inhabitants.
2. The Canopean phrase "Age of Ideology" refers to what time?
(a) The period before World War I.
(b) The period after World War II.
(c) The period between World War I and World War II.
(d) The period after the Shikastan apocalypse.
3. Generally speaking, what is the most important rule of Canopus?
4. How does Johor feel about the state of Shikasta, upon his return?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is saddened.
5. Johor returns to Shikasta how many years after his first visit?
6. How do the Canopeans view the 20th century?
(a) Many mistakes, but people grew more progressive toward the end.
(b) The turning point for the planet.
(c) Some advancement, but mostly conflict.
(d) One long war.
7. In Chapter 9, Taufiq reports the end of what?
(a) The Natives' time on Shikasta.
(b) The Ice Age.
(c) The Giants' reign of terror.
(d) World War III.
8. What happened to the ethical laws Johor gave to the Shikastans?
(a) They were built into religions.
(b) They were adopted as an unwritten code of conduct.
(c) They were completely forgotten.
(d) They were replaced by codes that the Shikastans wrote on their own.
9. Who does Johor find in Chapter 12?
(a) David and Rilla.
(b) Ben and Rilla.
(c) Ben and Sais.
(d) David and Sais.
10. Individual three's philosophy is close to what school of thought?
(a) Italian Fascism.
(b) American Democracy.
(c) German Nazism.
(d) Russian Marxism.
11. What does Johor attempt to do to his friends after finding them?
(a) Explain their mission to them.
(b) Wake them up with the Signature.
(c) Recruit them to help him.
(d) Convince them to incarnate on Shikasta.
12. The ceremony discussed by Johor in Chapter 13 originated in what country?
13. What is Johor searching for, at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) Other Canopean emissaries.
(d) Unincarnated refugees.
14. What was Taufiq's name when he incarnated on Shikasta?
(a) Jason Urbane.
(b) John Brent-Oxford.
(c) Benjamin Sherban.
(d) James Sheridan.
15. What will eventually happen to the Shammat transmitter?
(a) It will be taken back by the Shammat.
(b) It will explode.
(c) It will be assimilated by the surrounding plant life.
(d) It will degrade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the fourth individual grow up?
2. What is the fourth individual's nickname?
3. How do the lives of the Shikastans upon Johor's return compare with the last time he was there?
4. Chapter 2 is a guide, written for whom?
5. What does Johor try to locate on Shikasta, in Chapter 6?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)