|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, to whom does Johor teach some of the basic tenets of Canopean civilization?
(a) Ben and Rilla.
(b) David and Sais.
(c) Suzannah and Rachel.
(d) Benjamin and Rachel.
2. The "Northwest Fringes" are analogous to what nonfictional place?
(a) Great Britain.
(b) North America.
3. What happens to the Natives when Shikasta is cut off from the Lock?
(a) They begin to fall ill and die.
(b) They lose their ability to communicate verbally with one another.
(c) They erupt into violence.
(d) They forget everything they know about how to care for themselves.
4. The Canopeans decide to split the Natives' what, in Chapter 9?
5. What happened to Taufiq as a result of his chosen profession?
(a) He made important contributions to the medical and scientific community.
(b) He was assassinated by a supporter of one of his rivals.
(c) His personality was distorted, and he became a national figure.
(d) He was able to help others, and became famous for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 9 details the history of Shikasta between what two events?
2. How do the lives of the Shikastans upon Johor's return compare with the last time he was there?
3. Johor communicates with Taufiq, and is able to get Taufiq to make what change?
4. Dwarves and Elves were created by what species?
5. Why does Taufiq bring humanoids from other planets in Chapter 9?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)