|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Napoleon's men dressed?
(a) In several different styles from various campaigns.
(b) In their finest uniforms with gold and silver plumes that gleam in the weak sunshine.
(c) Like a ragtag Army.
(d) In drab grey.
2. Where does the retreating British army take up its position.
(a) In the country near Staatsville.
(b) Near Amsterdam.
(c) Near Brussels.
(d) Just south of the village of Waterloo.
3. Who is in charge of the Prussian army?
(a) The Prince of Orange.
(b) General Hollenzoleren.
(c) Marshal Prince Blucher.
(d) The Duke of Wellington.
4. Who wears black bearskins?
(a) The sharpshooters.
(b) The elite Imperial Guard.
(c) The elite French legion of the cross.
(d) The elite French legion of the forest.
5. Where do Sharpe and Harper go after the French skirmishers retreat?
(a) To the west flank of the Prince of Orange's troops.
(b) To the ridge above the chateau.
(c) To the Duke's 92nd rifle brigade.
(d) To Waterloo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What large complexes are near where the British wait?
2. Where do Sharpe and Harper watch the attack by the French skirmishers?
3. What does Geisenau do?
4. What are many of the British redcoats doing as they wait?
5. Who are the Voltiguers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author's placement of Sharpe in Chapter 14 do as a narrative device?
2. What is one of the most striking differences at the end of a battle and the disposition of the dead between that era and now?
3. What explanations about British firing techniques are described in great detail in chapter 15?
4. Why, on the third day, are the French still confident of victory?
5. In Chapter 10, what describes a critical decision made by Wellington that ultimately leads to an Allied victory?
6. What happens to the British Heavy Cavalry unit with which John Rossendale is riding?
7. What is it about the British muskets that proves the beginning of the French's downfall?
8. Describe the area where the retreating British army takes up a position in Chapter 10.
9. What is the difference between Napoleon and the Duke in how they come before their men and how their men acknowledge them?
10. How does D'Alembord's premonition show courage?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)