|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with Sharpe when he joins the Prince of Orange at Quatre Bras?
(a) The 110th Rifle Brigade.
(c) Patrick Harper.
(d) The Prince of Wales.
2. Who accompanies Sharpe to Quatre Bras?
(a) An eighteen-year-old, Lieutenant Simon Doggett.
(b) A Belgium sharpshooter.
(c) A civilian guide.
(d) No one.
3. What order is Sharpe given?
(a) To withdraw from battle and consider himself subject to execution for disobeying a direct order under battle.
(b) To rejoin his old regiment.
(c) To report the next day for court martial.
(d) To report his insubordination to the Duke of Wellington.
4. What does Sharpe order Doggett to do?
(a) To return to Quatre Bras to inform Saxe-Weimar.
(b) To get to Brussels to report to the Duke of Wellington.
(c) To disguise himself as a Belgium peasant.
(d) To go around to one side of the force as Sharpe goes to the other.
5. Who arrives to drive off the French skirmishers?
(a) The Duke of Weston's cavalry.
(b) The 110th Sharpshooters Regiment.
(c) Cavalry under the Prince of Orange.
(d) No one.
6. What dinner do Harper and Sharpe share?
(a) Hard biscuits and dried pork.
(b) Beef jerky.
(c) Roasted pig.
(d) Roasted horse meat.
7. How many men has Napoleon gathered to his army in 107 days?
8. What does Jane discover?
(a) She is homesick for England.
(b) She is dying.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She truly loves Sharpe.
9. What do the men under Sharpe's leadership do when they cannot form a square?
(a) Run for the high ground to reform.
(b) Retreat to the trees.
(c) Run behind the cavalry as back up.
10. Why do the Prince of Orange's men refuse to follow him to attack the French cannon?
(a) The mastiffs are ringed around the cannons.
(b) They have to ride through a grass fire to get there.
(c) There are several smaller cannons trained on them.
(d) A brigade of French light cavalry has appeared.
11. What do Sharpe and Rebecque draft in Chapter 5?
(a) An order for Prince Bernhard of Saxe-Weimar, ostensibly from the Prince of Orange.
(b) A letter releasing Rossendale from service.
(c) A herd of horses for their cavalry.
(d) A group of Belgium farmers.
12. What does the Duke of Wellington order the Prince of Orange to do?
(a) To resign his position.
(b) To find Sharpe for questioning.
(c) To return to his headquarters after the ball.
(d) To return to his headquarters immediately.
13. Who joins the fray who Sharpe and Harper recognize?
(a) The 94th Riflemen Battalion.
(b) The Duke of Northampton's levy.
(c) The Duke of York's levy.
(d) The Prince of Wale's Own Volunteers.
14. Who appears on the battle scene just in the nick of time?
(a) The Prince of Blucher's troops.
(b) The 110th Riflemen Brigade led by Sharpe.
(c) No one.
(d) The green-jacketed riflemen of the Duke of Welilngton's troops.
15. Who launches a full scale cavalry charge to keep the British from forming squares again?
(a) Marshal Ney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Prince of Orange excited?
2. What is the horseman attempting to do?
3. Who is Baron Jean de Constant Rebecque?
4. Where do Sharpe and Doggett find a French battalion?
5. What is the Duchess of Richmond preparing to give?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)