|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Halkett obeys the Prince of Orange's orders?
(a) Halkett's men flee the battle.
(b) The Duke of Wellington countermands the order.
(c) The Cuirassiers attack Halkett's line.
(d) The Prince of Orange is relieved of his command.
2. What is the horseman attempting to do?
(a) Be accepted into the French ranks in order to spy.
(b) Get close enough to Napoleon to assassinate him.
(c) Desert his post.
(d) Inform the allied headquarters if the French have indeed entered Belgium in force.
3. What does Bonaparte consider the enemy to be?
(a) English scum and their Prussian hirelings.
(b) Greatly outnumbered.
(d) Highly trained.
4. Why is the Prince of Orange enraged?
(a) Because he thinks he should lead a charge against the Cuirassiers.
(b) Because his infantry collapse on the first attack and his cavalry is routed by the French lancers.
(c) Because his reserve war horse has also been killed.
(d) Because the Duke of Wellington snubs him.
5. What has Wellington promised Blucher?
(a) Wellington will come to Blucher's aid unless he himself is attacked at the crossroads.
(b) To have the Dragoons in rout by the end of the day.
(c) To send the Prince of Orange back to the reserves.
(d) To lend him Sharpe if necessary.
6. Who is with Sharpe when he joins the Prince of Orange at Quatre Bras?
(a) The Prince of Wales.
(b) Patrick Harper.
(c) The 110th Rifle Brigade.
7. Who is the horseman identified as?
(b) Richard Sharpe.
(c) The Duke of Wellington.
(d) General Dornberg.
8. How old is Napoleon's campaign in Belgium?
(a) One week.
(b) 10 hours.
(c) Less than 48 hours.
(d) 24 hours.
9. What order is Sharpe given?
(a) To report the next day for court martial.
(b) To rejoin his old regiment.
(c) To withdraw from battle and consider himself subject to execution for disobeying a direct order under battle.
(d) To report his insubordination to the Duke of Wellington.
10. What does Sharpe order Doggett to do?
(a) To return to Quatre Bras to inform Saxe-Weimar.
(b) To go around to one side of the force as Sharpe goes to the other.
(c) To get to Brussels to report to the Duke of Wellington.
(d) To disguise himself as a Belgium peasant.
11. From where do Harper and Sharpe withdraw?
(b) Quatre Bras.
(c) Their devastated regiment.
(d) The Prince of Orange.
12. Who is Lucille?
(a) Sharpe's mistress.
(b) The Duchess of Richmond's handmaiden.
(c) Sharpe's new wife.
(d) Sharpe's sister-in-law.
13. Who appears on the battle scene just in the nick of time?
(a) The 110th Riflemen Brigade led by Sharpe.
(b) The green-jacketed riflemen of the Duke of Welilngton's troops.
(c) The Prince of Blucher's troops.
(d) No one.
14. Who arrives at Quatre Bras with the British Light Cavalry?
(a) John Rossendale.
(b) John Faringale.
(c) No one.
(d) The Baron von Helmeld.
15. Who launches a full scale cavalry charge to keep the British from forming squares again?
(d) Marshal Ney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the lone horseman approaching at the opening of chapter 3?
2. Who captures the 69th battalion's colours?
3. Why is the Duchess apprehensive of Rossendale being at her home?
4. Why do the Belgian cavalry flee?
5. What do Sharpe and Rebecque draft in Chapter 5?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)