|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Day, Chapters 7 thru 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sharpe go to report after engaging the French forces in a feint?
(a) Quartre Bras.
(b) He stays to keep track of the French army.
(c) The Prince of Orange's headquarters.
2. What do Sharpe and Rebecque draft in Chapter 5?
(a) A herd of horses for their cavalry.
(b) A group of Belgium farmers.
(c) An order for Prince Bernhard of Saxe-Weimar, ostensibly from the Prince of Orange.
(d) A letter releasing Rossendale from service.
3. Why do the Belgian cavalry flee?
(a) They are afraid to attack the more experienced French cavalry.
(b) They secretly root for Napoleon's victory.
(c) They do not like the Prince of Orange.
(d) They had belonged to the French cavalry the year previously.
4. Who appears on the battle scene just in the nick of time?
(a) The 110th Riflemen Brigade led by Sharpe.
(b) The Prince of Blucher's troops.
(c) No one.
(d) The green-jacketed riflemen of the Duke of Welilngton's troops.
5. What does Jane discover?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She truly loves Sharpe.
(c) She is dying.
(d) She is homesick for England.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many more rivers does Napoleon have to cross before reaching Brussels?
2. About what is the Duke of Wellington worried?
3. What persists towards the East from where Sharpe and Harper are?
4. What does Bonaparte consider the enemy to be?
5. What causes the most casualties to the Dragoons from the Prussians?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)