|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Day, Chapters 7 thru 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Duchess of Richmond preparing to give?
(a) A sumptuous ball in a large rented house.
(b) A report of the French invasion to the Belgium king.
(c) A recital.
(d) A dinner party.
2. About what is the Duke of Wellington worried?
(a) Getting back to England.
(b) His daughter's illness.
(c) The quality and numbers of his troops.
(d) His wife's pregnancy.
3. Why is the Duchess apprehensive of Rossendale being at her home?
(a) Because Lieutenant-Colonel Sharpe will be there and Rossendale's mistress is Sharpe's unfaithful wife, Jane.
(b) Because Napoleon will kill her if he finds out.
(c) Because he would be disobeying orders to come there.
(d) She is not apprehensive.
4. Who captures the 69th battalion's colours?
(a) The Hessians.
(b) The 3rd French legion.
(c) The Cuirassiers.
(d) The Hussars.
5. How does the Duke of Wellington consider his English cavalry?
(a) As his finest soldiers.
(b) As so incompetent they jeopardize other units.
(c) As fine horsemen but terrible marksmen.
(d) As sensitive, undisciplined and prone to moments of insanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lucille?
2. Why might Sharpe not come to the Duchess's home?
3. What happens to Saxe-Weimar's men?
4. Who is with Sharpe when he joins the Prince of Orange at Quatre Bras?
5. How are the French Dragoons received by the Belgium people?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)