|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Day, Chapters 7 thru 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the horseman attempting to do?
(a) Inform the allied headquarters if the French have indeed entered Belgium in force.
(b) Be accepted into the French ranks in order to spy.
(c) Desert his post.
(d) Get close enough to Napoleon to assassinate him.
2. How might the pace of the Prussian Major who is taking news to Brussels be described?
(c) Slow through neccessity.
(d) Irresponsibly leisurely.
3. How does the Duke of Wellington treat the Prince of Orange?
(c) In an official capacity.
(d) He commiserates with the Prince.
4. What happens to Saxe-Weimar's men?
(a) They are the first to be slaughtered.
(b) They surrender.
(c) They retreat in an orderly fashion.
(d) They turncoat and join the French in attacking the Prince of Orange's troops.
5. What does Jane discover?
(a) She truly loves Sharpe.
(b) She is homesick for England.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Napoleon's campaign in Belgium?
2. Where is the lone horseman approaching at the opening of chapter 3?
3. Who is the horseman identified as?
4. What stops the cavalry advance of the Prince of Orange?
5. Why do the Belgian cavalry flee?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)