|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Day, Chapters 7 thru 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lucille most afraid of as she says goodbye to Sharpe?
(a) Having to go back to England unwed and pregnant if Sharpe dies.
(b) A British defeat and the French marching into Brussels.
(c) Sharpe getting killed.
(d) Rossendale taking out his hatred of Sharpe on Lucille.
2. What does Sharpe do before returning to Quartre Bras?
(a) Drink a bit too much ale.
(b) Challenge Rossendale to a duel.
(c) Insult Jane.
(d) Slap the Duchess's daughter.
3. How many more rivers does Napoleon have to cross before reaching Brussels?
4. What happens when Halkett obeys the Prince of Orange's orders?
(a) Halkett's men flee the battle.
(b) The Prince of Orange is relieved of his command.
(c) The Cuirassiers attack Halkett's line.
(d) The Duke of Wellington countermands the order.
5. What order does Sharpe refuse to take to Halkett?
(a) That Halkett move East one mile.
(b) That Halkett's men form a line.
(c) That Halkett stay in place in his square.
(d) That Halkett retreat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Napoleon's campaign in Belgium?
2. Where is the lone horseman approaching at the opening of chapter 3?
3. Who loses all the ground he has captured?
4. How does the Duke of Wellington treat the Prince of Orange?
5. What month of the year is it when the story opens?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)