|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Day, Chapters 7 thru 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Duke of Wellington consider his English cavalry?
(a) As his finest soldiers.
(b) As fine horsemen but terrible marksmen.
(c) As sensitive, undisciplined and prone to moments of insanity.
(d) As so incompetent they jeopardize other units.
2. Why do the Prince of Orange's men refuse to follow him to attack the French cannon?
(a) The mastiffs are ringed around the cannons.
(b) They have to ride through a grass fire to get there.
(c) A brigade of French light cavalry has appeared.
(d) There are several smaller cannons trained on them.
3. What does Jane discover?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She truly loves Sharpe.
(c) She is dying.
(d) She is homesick for England.
4. Who launches a full scale cavalry charge to keep the British from forming squares again?
(b) Marshal Ney.
5. What happens to the Dutch-Belgian guns and infantry?
(a) They are flanked and surrender.
(b) They leave the battlefield in a blind panic.
(c) They confuse their orders and are not where they are supposed to be.
(d) They are slaughtered almost to a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lucille?
2. Who is the horseman identified as?
3. Upon whose staff is the horseman?
4. Where is the lone horseman approaching at the opening of chapter 3?
5. What is one group that is part of the Duke of Wellington's troops?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)