|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The First Day, Chapters 1 thru 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is the Duke of Wellington worried?
(a) His daughter's illness.
(b) Getting back to England.
(c) His wife's pregnancy.
(d) The quality and numbers of his troops.
2. How does the Duke of Wellington consider his English cavalry?
(a) As fine horsemen but terrible marksmen.
(b) As his finest soldiers.
(c) As so incompetent they jeopardize other units.
(d) As sensitive, undisciplined and prone to moments of insanity.
3. What is given to the general of the French dragoons in Charleroi?
(a) Misleading information.
(b) A bunch of violets.
(c) A map showing the English gun emplacements.
(d) A 21-gun salute.
4. What is the Duchess of Richmond preparing to give?
(a) A recital.
(b) A report of the French invasion to the Belgium king.
(c) A dinner party.
(d) A sumptuous ball in a large rented house.
5. Who is Prince William of Orange?
(a) The only experienced commander in the English army.
(b) The Duke and heir to the throne of Germany.
(c) The Duke and heir to the throne of Netherlands.
(d) The Duke and heir to the throne of England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the horseman's hat look like?
2. Where do Sharpe and Doggett find a French battalion?
3. Who accompanies Sharpe to Quatre Bras?
4. What is one group that is part of the Duke of Wellington's troops?
5. Who does the Duke of Wellington hope will join his forces?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)