|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Day, Chapters, 10 thru 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sharpe wonder about atoning to for his insubordination?
(a) The Prince of Orange.
(b) The Duke of York.
(c) The Duke of Wellington.
(d) The Prince of Wales.
2. What forms the rear guard of the Duke of Wellington's army?
(a) The elite infantry.
(b) The sharpshooter brigade.
(c) The horse artillery and cavalry.
(d) The pikemen.
3. What does the horseman's hat look like?
(a) Like an English officer's hat.
(b) It shows the scarlet, gold, and black cockade of the Netherlands.
(c) Like it has been shot.
(d) It is dressed with a band with the Russian colors.
4. What is a backdrop to the possibility of a battle in the morning?
(a) The menacing weather.
(b) The sounds of cannons firing for alignment.
(c) The sound of sabers being sharpened.
(d) The sound of men having bad dreams.
5. What is Lucille most afraid of as she says goodbye to Sharpe?
(a) Sharpe getting killed.
(b) Having to go back to England unwed and pregnant if Sharpe dies.
(c) Rossendale taking out his hatred of Sharpe on Lucille.
(d) A British defeat and the French marching into Brussels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lord John Rossendale?
2. Who arrives to drive off the French skirmishers?
3. What does Napoleon do in the East?
4. What happens to the Dutch-Belgian guns and infantry?
5. What does Sharpe order Doggett to do?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)