|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Third Day, Chapters, 10 thru 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Duke of Wellington consider his English cavalry?
(a) As his finest soldiers.
(b) As so incompetent they jeopardize other units.
(c) As fine horsemen but terrible marksmen.
(d) As sensitive, undisciplined and prone to moments of insanity.
2. What does the bugle call the French to do?
(a) Encircle the remaining British forces.
(b) Attack on three sides.
(d) Flank the 95th infantry regiment and attack.
3. What does Napoleon do in the East?
(a) Attacks Blucher's Prussian army.
(c) Defeats the Dutch artillery.
(d) Withdraws his cavalry.
4. Who is with Sharpe when he joins the Prince of Orange at Quatre Bras?
(a) Patrick Harper.
(c) The Prince of Wales.
(d) The 110th Rifle Brigade.
5. From where do Harper and Sharpe withdraw?
(a) The Prince of Orange.
(b) Their devastated regiment.
(c) Quatre Bras.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a backdrop to the possibility of a battle in the morning?
2. Why might Sharpe not come to the Duchess's home?
3. Who are the Cuirassiers?
4. What do the men under Sharpe's leadership do when they cannot form a square?
5. How do the British defend against the Cuirassiers?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)