|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sharpe's assessment of the British situation?
(b) About usual for what they are trying to do.
2. What group never lacks for volunteers?
(a) The sappers.
(b) The 34th Cavalry.
(c) The Gurkhas.
(d) The Forlorn Hopes.
3. Who does Hakeswell murder?
(b) A British ensign.
(c) No one.
4. What would happen if all the rockets went off at once?
(a) The cavalry would probably be ineffective.
(b) There are so few, it would hardly be noticed.
(c) Much panic and confusion.
(d) There's is no way of predicting.
5. When do the French test their rockets?
(a) They do not test them since they have very few of them.
(b) When the British send in a large sortie.
(c) When the British are scouting the walls.
(d) When a parley team arrives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe ask Mary?
2. Who are the Forlorn Hopes?
3. How long after Sharpe and Langford join the French do the British arrive?
4. Why does Rao give this to Mary?
5. Where does the British army establish camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does a mill fort do for Tippoo's troops and what does the British do about the mill fort?
2. What does Gudin order Sharpe to do to sabotage the British and who does he encounter when he does?
3. How does Sharpe get them out of the prison?
4. Why was Sharpe honored and what did he receive?
5. What happens to Hakeswill as the British siege begins, who does he kill and why?
6. Of what do the British and Tippoo's forces consist?
7. What does Mary do when Rao decides to rescue McCandless and what does Kunwar Singh do?
8. How does Tippoo entertain his troops and what does he plan to do with the British prisoners during the entertainment?
9. What are Sharpe and Lawford doing when Gudin comes to arrest them?
10. What does Hakeswill do when it comes his turn to be killed?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)