|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the British officers discussing at the opening of chapter 8?
(a) Whether Sharpe has truly become a traitor.
(b) Whether to retreat.
(c) Battle plans.
(d) Whether to send in shells knowing it may harm British prisoners.
2. What does Rao give Mary?
(a) A letter stating she is innocent.
(b) A knife.
(c) A loaded pistol.
3. What does Tippoo order his jettis to do?
(a) Demonstrate how to kill without using their hands.
(b) Spy on Sharpe.
(c) Kill the British prisoners.
(d) Demonstrate their ancient art.
4. What is Hakeswell's scheme?
(a) They do not know his scheme.
(b) To sell Sharpe to the Muslim slave traders.
(c) To discredit Sharpe as a traitor and see him hung.
(d) To sell Mary into prostitution.
5. What does Lawford admire about Sharpe?
(a) His desire to protect Mary.
(b) His ability to relax in a stressful situation.
(c) His ability to lie.
(d) His easy way with the harshness of the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does General Rao question Mary?
2. Who do three jettis confront?
3. What does Tippoo do for his troops?
4. How long after Sharpe and Langford join the French do the British arrive?
5. Why are the Forlorn Hopes so named?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom does Sharpe fight and what plan of his does his fight prevent?
2. What are Sharpe and Lawford doing when Gudin comes to arrest them?
3. What is Mary doing for work?
4. What does Gudin order Sharpe to do to sabotage the British and who does he encounter when he does?
5. What happens to Hakeswill as the British siege begins, who does he kill and why?
6. How does Sharpe get information about the mine and what does he figure out about the mine?
7. Why was Sharpe honored and what did he receive?
8. What does Lawford tell Sharpe about rockets and what do they see as they watch them being used?
9. What do the rescuers find at the dungeon?
10. What does Sharpe discover about the dungeon and about Hakeswill in the dungeon?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)