|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lawford admire about Sharpe?
(a) His ability to relax in a stressful situation.
(b) His easy way with the harshness of the world.
(c) His ability to lie.
(d) His desire to protect Mary.
2. What does Gudin order Sharpe and Lawford to do?
(a) Go out and parley with the British.
(b) Shoot two British officers.
(c) Go down and interrogate McCandless.
(d) Stay off the walls.
3. What does Tippoo do for his troops?
(a) Gives them live entertainment.
(b) Gives them time with their families.
(c) Lets them sneak out in pairs to rob the British.
(d) Gives them a monetary bonus.
4. About what does General Rao question Mary?
(a) Marrying Singh.
(b) Going back to England.
(c) Her knowledge of Sharpe and Lawford's real mission.
(d) Marrying Sharpe.
5. What message did Sharpe want to give the British?
(a) To attack right after the sun rises in the east.
(b) To attack before noon the next day.
(c) Not to attack the West wall.
(d) To attack while the sun was low in the west.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tippoo watching?
2. Who do three jettis confront?
3. What is Hakeswell's scheme?
4. What does Mary learn from the General's wife?
5. What is Sharpe ordered to do after reaching the British?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sharpe get them out of the prison?
2. What does Mary do when Rao decides to rescue McCandless and what does Kunwar Singh do?
3. What does Tippoo hope as the British prepare to attack and what happens to that hope?
4. What is the first task Gudin has Sharpe and Lawford do and how well do they do it? How does Lawford feel afterward?
5. How does Tippoo execute criminals and what does he do afterward?
6. What does Sharpe discover about the dungeon and about Hakeswill in the dungeon?
7. What does Tippoo decide to do with Lawford and Sharpe after questioning them?
8. Why was Sharpe honored and what did he receive?
9. With whom does Sharpe fight and what plan of his does his fight prevent?
10. What is Mary doing for work?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)