|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes a liking to Mary?
(b) General Rao.
2. What happens while Sharpe and Hakeswill are interacting?
(a) Sharpe knocks Hakeswill off his horse.
(b) A squad of British soldiers arrive.
(c) Hakeswill knocks Sharpe off his horse.
(d) A rocket explodes very near them.
3. Who does Hakeswell murder?
(c) A British ensign.
(d) No one.
4. What is Gudin reluctant to do?
(a) Kill Lawford.
(b) Arrest Sharpe.
(c) Arrest Mary.
(d) Kill Mary.
5. About what does General Rao question Mary?
(a) Marrying Singh.
(b) Her knowledge of Sharpe and Lawford's real mission.
(c) Going back to England.
(d) Marrying Sharpe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sharpe ordered to do after reaching the British?
2. With whom does Sharpe share a cell?
3. Where do the British open fire?
4. What does Tippoo do for his troops?
5. Of what are the British officers certain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mary doing for work?
2. What are Sharpe and Lawford doing when Gudin comes to arrest them?
3. What do Lawford, McCandless and Sharpe discuss in their cell?
4. How does Sharpe get information about the mine and what does he figure out about the mine?
5. Where does Sharpe go after the ceremony, what does he find out and how does he feel about it?
6. What does Sharpe say to Lawford about the rockets?
7. What does a mill fort do for Tippoo's troops and what does the British do about the mill fort?
8. What does Tippoo hope as the British prepare to attack and what happens to that hope?
9. What is the first task Gudin has Sharpe and Lawford do and how well do they do it? How does Lawford feel afterward?
10. What does Lawford tell Sharpe about rockets and what do they see as they watch them being used?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)