|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message did Sharpe want to give the British?
(a) To attack right after the sun rises in the east.
(b) Not to attack the West wall.
(c) To attack while the sun was low in the west.
(d) To attack before noon the next day.
2. Who orders Sharpe to ride out towards the British?
3. What is the greatest effect of the rockets?
(c) Smoke and Fire.
(d) Noise that scares the horses.
4. What are Tippoo's primary defenses?
(b) Cannons mounted on the city walls.
5. Where does Sharpe go after hearing someone respond to his yelling?
(a) Back to the city.
(b) Into the woods.
(c) Up river.
(d) Towards the command tents of the British.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary learn from the General's wife?
2. What does Tippoo do for his troops?
3. What does Rao give Mary?
4. What is Gudin reluctant to do?
5. Where do the British open fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mary doing for work?
2. Of what do the British and Tippoo's forces consist?
3. What does Tippoo hope as the British prepare to attack and what happens to that hope?
4. Where does Sharpe go after the ceremony, what does he find out and how does he feel about it?
5. Why was Sharpe honored and what did he receive?
6. What does Sharpe say to Lawford about the rockets?
7. What does Mary do when Rao decides to rescue McCandless and what does Kunwar Singh do?
8. What does Lawford tell Sharpe about rockets and what do they see as they watch them being used?
9. What do Lawford, McCandless and Sharpe discuss in their cell?
10. What are Sharpe and Lawford doing when Gudin comes to arrest them?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)