|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Sharpe and Mary discussing when Gudin arrives?
(a) Sharpe's decision to leave the army when his tour is up.
(b) Mary's decision not to marry Sharpe.
(c) Sharpe's decision to come behind enemy lines.
(d) Mary's decision to marry an enemy.
2. Where does Sharpe go after hearing someone respond to his yelling?
(a) Back to the city.
(b) Towards the command tents of the British.
(c) Up river.
(d) Into the woods.
3. What are the British officers discussing at the opening of chapter 8?
(a) Whether Sharpe has truly become a traitor.
(b) Whether to retreat.
(c) Whether to send in shells knowing it may harm British prisoners.
(d) Battle plans.
4. Who does Rao rescue from the dungeon?
5. What is nearly finished?
(a) The Muslim Ramadan.
(b) Tippoo's black-power mine.
(c) The British emplacements.
(d) The cannon arrangements on the wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after Sharpe and Langford join the French do the British arrive?
2. Where do the British open fire?
3. Why can't Gudin help Sharpe?
4. Why are the Forlorn Hopes so named?
5. Whose name does Sharpe yell out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mary doing for work?
2. With whom does Sharpe fight and what plan of his does his fight prevent?
3. What are Sharpe and Lawford doing when Gudin comes to arrest them?
4. How does Sharpe take care of the black-powder mine?
5. What do the British first do with their cannons to begin to breach Tippoo's wall?
6. What do Lawford, McCandless and Sharpe discuss in their cell?
7. How do the British officers feel about the outer wall, who will be sent in when the wall is breached and why are they given the name they are given?
8. Where does Sharpe go after the ceremony, what does he find out and how does he feel about it?
9. What does Hakeswill do when it comes his turn to be killed?
10. What does Gudin order Sharpe to do to sabotage the British and who does he encounter when he does?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)