|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gudin suggest about McCandless to Tippoo?
(a) That McCandless is a deserter.
(b) That McCandless wants to join Tippoo.
(c) That McCandless was foraging for food.
(d) That McCandless is a spy.
2. How many times has Sharpe seen action?
(a) Five times.
(b) Three times.
3. Why does Hakeswill challenge Sharpe while they are marching?
(a) For marching out of step.
(b) For having blood on his bayonet.
(c) For his musket being carried on the wrong shoulder.
(d) For talking in the ranks.
4. What are in place to deflect cannonballs?
(b) Metal awnings.
(c) Defensive structures.
5. What does Harris think of Sharpe going with Lawford?
(a) He likes the idea.
(b) He wants Green to go.
(c) He doesn't trust Sharpe.
(d) He thinks it is not feasible.
6. What connection does Rao have with Tippoo?
(a) He is Tippoo's advisor.
(b) He is the general with overall command of Tippoo's army.
(c) He is a commander in his army.
(d) He has no connection with Tippoo.
7. How many tigers are in the courtyard?
8. What is Sharpe contemplating at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(b) How much money he can find.
(c) He's thinking about women.
9. About what are Sharpe and Lawson questioned?
(a) How many British troops are assigned to each squad.
(b) The reason for their desertion.
(c) If they will give their fealty.
(d) Why they would desert when they have the upper hand.
10. To what unit is Sharpe assigned?
(a) Twenty-second Regiment.
(b) Fourth Battalion.
(c) Fourteenth Regiment.
(d) Thirty-third Regiment.
11. Why is the city to where the British are moving important?
(a) It is the capitol of Mysore.
(b) It is the center of most of the trade routes.
(c) It is the largest population center in southern India.
(d) The king of India lives there.
12. Why does Gudin suggest showing mercy to British prisoners is a good idea?
(a) So if the British win they won't charge Tippoo with war crimes.
(b) So the British will do the same to Indian prisoners.
(c) Because it makes Tippoo look like a good ruler.
(d) So that if Tippoo is killed he will face God easier.
13. Who halts Sharpe's flogging before it is finished?
(a) Captain Morris.
(b) General Harris.
(c) Sergeant Green.
(d) Colonel Wellesley.
14. What does Sharpe have to prove to win his court-martial case?
(a) That a captain and an ensign are lying.
(b) That Hakeswill shot at him.
(c) That Hakeswill hit him first.
(d) That Hakeswill was committing a capitol crime.
15. What are Sharpe's orders when he returns to his unit?
(a) Not to fight with Hakeswill.
(b) Not to get drunk that night.
(c) Not to tell anyone about his mission.
(d) Not to go see Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mcandless tell to escape?
2. Why do McCandless and Sharpe pretend to be at odds?
3. Where does Sharpe find money on the officer he is searching?
4. Who would Sharpe ask permission to marry Mary if he wanted to do that?
5. Who argues that Sharpe is the best person for the job?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)