|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of weapon does McCandless use?
(a) A rapier.
(b) A musket and bayonet.
(c) A halberd.
(d) A Scottish claymore.
2. What does Sharpe talk about with another soldier in Chapter 1?
(a) Sergeant Hakeswill.
(b) The number of dead soldiers.
(c) The hot climate.
(d) Returning to England.
3. What does Tippoo allow Sharpe and Lawford to do?
(a) Change into French uniforms.
(b) Go rest in the barracks.
(c) Torture McCandless.
(d) Serve under Gudin.
4. What is chained in the courtyard where McCandless is standing?
(a) Four elephants.
(b) Ten Indian slaves.
(c) Six large tigers.
(d) Two British officers.
5. What does Major General Baird order?
(a) That several men try to rescue Mary.
(b) That Lawford is to be shot in the upcoming battle.
(c) That Sharpe is to be taken alive in the upcoming battle.
(d) That Sharpe is to get promoted to officer status if he is successful.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the enemy officer die that Sharpe is searching?
2. What is the greatest effect of the rockets?
3. Why can't Gudin help Sharpe?
4. Where does Sharpe go after hearing someone respond to his yelling?
5. What is Sharpe contemplating at the beginning of Chapter 1?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)