|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many are in the British firing line they array against Tippoo's troops in Chapter 1?
(a) Seven hundred.
(b) Four hundred.
(c) Two thousand.
(d) A thousand.
2. What does Mary learn from the General's wife?
(a) How to embroider.
(b) How to bake pies.
(c) How to knit.
(d) How to properly wear a sari.
3. Where do the lancers take the "deserters"?
(a) Back to Harris' tent.
(b) To the dungeon.
(c) Towards Brest.
4. What group never lacks for volunteers?
(a) The Forlorn Hopes.
(b) The 34th Cavalry.
(c) The sappers.
(d) The Gurkhas.
5. What does Major General Baird order?
(a) That Sharpe is to be taken alive in the upcoming battle.
(b) That several men try to rescue Mary.
(c) That Sharpe is to get promoted to officer status if he is successful.
(d) That Lawford is to be shot in the upcoming battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Richard Sharpe's rank in Chapter 1?
2. What are Sharpe and Mary discussing when Gudin arrives?
3. What does Hakeswill attempt to do to Sharpe about his musket?
4. Why is Hakeswill thinking about Mary Bickerstaff?
5. To what does Sharpe admit which adds to his credentials for the rescue job?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)