|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hakeswill thinking about Mary Bickerstaff?
(a) He is interested in her.
(b) He wants Sharpe to marry her.
(c) She has offered him money to take her home.
(d) She bandaged a wound of his.
2. What does Mary suggest Sharpe do?
(a) Formally request to marry her.
(b) Take her into his tent to live.
(c) Get her pregnant so the army will let him marry her.
(d) Desert the army and run away with her.
3. What is Sharpe contemplating at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(b) How much money he can find.
(c) He's thinking about women.
4. Why is Sharpe fighting in India?
(a) The Indians have killed a British Duke.
(b) The British are trying to take Pakistan.
(c) To break resistance to British rule.
(d) The British have just invaded India.
5. Who was Mary's dead husband?
(a) A sergeant in the Indian army.
(b) A rice farmer.
(c) An officer in the Indian army.
(d) A sergeant in the English army.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many are in the British firing line they array against Tippoo's troops in Chapter 1?
2. How many volleys do the British fire before charging Tippoo's troops?
3. What nationality is Mary?
4. What does Hakeswill goad Sharpe into doing?
5. What connection does Rao have with Tippoo?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)