|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many volleys do the British fire before charging Tippoo's troops?
2. What nationality is Mary?
(b) Half English, half Indian.
(d) Half French, half English.
3. Why is Hakeswill thinking about Mary Bickerstaff?
(a) She bandaged a wound of his.
(b) She has offered him money to take her home.
(c) He wants Sharpe to marry her.
(d) He is interested in her.
4. What does Mary suggest Sharpe do?
(a) Desert the army and run away with her.
(b) Get her pregnant so the army will let him marry her.
(c) Formally request to marry her.
(d) Take her into his tent to live.
5. Why is the city to where the British are moving important?
(a) It is the capitol of Mysore.
(b) It is the largest population center in southern India.
(c) The king of India lives there.
(d) It is the center of most of the trade routes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sharpe fighting in India?
2. How many times has Sharpe seen action?
3. Why does Hakeswill leave Sharpe?
4. What does Sharpe talk about with another soldier in Chapter 1?
5. What is the main reason the British win the battle against Tippoo in Chapter 1 so quickly?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)