|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do McCandless and his Indian escort run into on his way back to the British army?
(a) A rampaging elephant.
(b) Some Tippoo infantry.
(c) A force of Tippoo's cavalry.
(d) The Frenchman, Gudin.
2. What does Sharpe have to prove to win his court-martial case?
(a) That Hakeswill shot at him.
(b) That a captain and an ensign are lying.
(c) That Hakeswill hit him first.
(d) That Hakeswill was committing a capitol crime.
3. Who would Sharpe ask permission to marry Mary if he wanted to do that?
(a) Sergeant Hakeswill.
(b) Lieutenant Lawford.
(c) Captain Morris.
(d) Colonel Wellesley.
4. How many volleys do the British fire before charging Tippoo's troops?
5. What do the officers decide that Lawford will pose as?
(a) An ex-lieutenant who is now a private.
(b) A racketeer.
(c) A timid clerk.
(d) A wronged officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Sharpe admit which adds to his credentials for the rescue job?
2. What do the officers think of Sharpe's ability to lie?
3. Who is watching Sharpe and Mary talk?
4. Under what circumstances may a British soldier strike a superior?
5. What do Sharpe and Mary talk about concerning the military?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)