|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is chained in the courtyard where McCandless is standing?
(a) Six large tigers.
(b) Two British officers.
(c) Four elephants.
(d) Ten Indian slaves.
2. Who did the preliminary questioning of McCandless?
(b) Appah Rao.
(c) General Pachimpu.
(d) The Havildar.
3. Why is the city to where the British are moving important?
(a) The king of India lives there.
(b) It is the capitol of Mysore.
(c) It is the center of most of the trade routes.
(d) It is the largest population center in southern India.
4. Where does Rao and McCandless determine is a place where the British should not attack Tippoo's city?
(a) Through the main gates.
(b) At the tower on the north.
(c) At the western wall.
(d) By the eastern gate.
5. What does Hakeswill attempt to do to Sharpe about his musket?
(a) Entrap him into a flogging offense.
(b) Make him lose it when the strap breaks.
(c) Get him killed when it fires inaccurately.
(d) Make Sharpe look foolish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hakeswill do to Sharpe's musket?
2. Why is the Frenchman Gudin with Tippoo?
3. What are Sharpe's orders when he returns to his unit?
4. What does Gudin prefer for executions?
5. How many are in the British firing line they array against Tippoo's troops in Chapter 1?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)