|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe have to prove to win his court-martial case?
(a) That Hakeswill was committing a capitol crime.
(b) That Hakeswill shot at him.
(c) That Hakeswill hit him first.
(d) That a captain and an ensign are lying.
2. Who would Sharpe ask permission to marry Mary if he wanted to do that?
(a) Captain Morris.
(b) Colonel Wellesley.
(c) Lieutenant Lawford.
(d) Sergeant Hakeswill.
3. Who was Mary's dead husband?
(a) A sergeant in the Indian army.
(b) A rice farmer.
(c) A sergeant in the English army.
(d) An officer in the Indian army.
4. What do the other officers think of Lawford's idea?
(a) They laugh him out of the tent.
(b) They like it immediately.
(c) They have small reservations.
(d) They are critical of it.
5. Where does McCandless wait for Appah Rao?
(a) In a tavern.
(b) At a river ford.
(c) By an old rajah estate.
(d) At an ancient temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where is the British army moving?
2. What does Tippoo use to execute two men?
3. Who does Mcandless tell to escape?
4. What connection does Rao have with Tippoo?
5. Why is Hakeswill thinking about Mary Bickerstaff?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)