|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Colonel Gudin?
(a) A former British officer who is also a deserter.
(b) A captured British officer.
(c) A captured Irish officer.
(d) The officer who questions Sharpe and Lawford.
2. To what is Sharpe sentenced at his court-martial?
(a) Two thousand stroke flogging.
(b) Five hundred stroke flogging.
(c) Confinement in prison, a flogging and dishonorable discharge.
(d) One year in jail and one year wages fine and a flogging.
3. At whom is a volley of musket fire directed?
(d) The squad of British soldiers.
4. Who halts Sharpe's flogging before it is finished?
(a) Colonel Wellesley.
(b) General Harris.
(c) Captain Morris.
(d) Sergeant Green.
5. What does Sharpe receive from Tippoo?
(a) A silver sword hilt.
(b) A large, gold medallion.
(c) Gold gilt for his sword pommel.
(d) A new rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tippoo use to execute two men?
2. What does Hakeswill goad Sharpe into doing?
3. Who carries out Sharpe's flogging?
4. Where does McCandless wait for Appah Rao?
5. Where do the lancers take the "deserters"?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)