|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what is Sharpe sentenced at his court-martial?
(a) Confinement in prison, a flogging and dishonorable discharge.
(b) Five hundred stroke flogging.
(c) Two thousand stroke flogging.
(d) One year in jail and one year wages fine and a flogging.
2. What does Mary learn from the General's wife?
(a) How to knit.
(b) How to bake pies.
(c) How to embroider.
(d) How to properly wear a sari.
3. What is chained in the courtyard where McCandless is standing?
(a) Four elephants.
(b) Ten Indian slaves.
(c) Six large tigers.
(d) Two British officers.
4. What does McCandless decide to teach Sharpe?
(a) To play stones.
(b) To play chess.
(c) To fence.
(d) To read and write.
5. What are Tippoo's primary defenses?
(c) Cannons mounted on the city walls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the approximately number of the British forces?
2. What kind of weapon does McCandless use?
3. When do the French test their rockets?
4. Where do the British open fire?
5. How long after Sharpe and Langford join the French do the British arrive?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)