|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Sharpe share a cell?
(c) No one.
(d) Lawford and McCandless.
2. Of what is the tripod Sharpe is tied to made?
(a) Three halberds.
(b) Three small tree trunks.
(c) He is tied to a flogging post.
(d) Three cavalry lances.
3. What does Gudin order Sharpe and Lawford to do?
(a) Go down and interrogate McCandless.
(b) Stay off the walls.
(c) Go out and parley with the British.
(d) Shoot two British officers.
4. What is Tippoo watching?
(a) The torture of a British soldier by a jetti.
(b) His tigers kill a British soldier.
(c) One of his jettis wrestle with a tiger.
(d) The British prepare for an attack.
5. How many strokes did Sharpe get before the flogging was stopped?
(b) One hundred.
(c) Two hundred and one.
(d) Three hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of weapon does McCandless use?
2. What is chained in the courtyard where McCandless is standing?
3. To what is Sharpe sentenced at his court-martial?
4. What does Sharpe have to prove to win his court-martial case?
5. Who carries out Sharpe's flogging?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)