|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "Sharpe's Skirmish" first written?
2. What does Sharpe notice about the fort?
(a) It should be torn down.
(b) It is quite stalwart.
(c) It needs a few patches but is generally stout.
(d) It is old and fragile.
3. What is Major Ducos' position?
(a) Commander of the Dragoons.
(b) A functionary for the Emperor.
(c) Advisor to Cornwallis.
(d) The man in charge of logistics for Tubb's battalion.
4. What is spreading through the Spanish countryside?
(a) News of a large French army headed to San Miguel.
(c) News of the French column headed to Avila.
5. Where does Sharpe send Harper and twenty riflemen?
(a) To protect the bridge.
(b) To protect the musket cache.
(c) To take a message to Wellington.
(d) To a nearby farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say Major Pierre Ducos is not?
2. How many men does Captain Pailleterie take on his mission?
3. How does Sharpe know La Aguja?
4. Why does Sharpe order this disposal?
5. What is one group against whom Herault fought?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Sharpe and Teresa disagree about Sharpe's handling of Ensign Hickey?
2. What does Herault suggest as a tactic for taking San Miguel?
3. What is Teresa's response to Hickey's question about fighting the French?
4. What is Sharpe's mission in relation to Major Tubbs and why does he take his mission seriously?
5. What does Herault do after sacrificing 300 French infantrymen?
6. How does one of the people eating together in the mess offend Sharpe, and who steps in and has his own opinion about the topic?
7. What does the author say about "Sharpe's Skirmish" in his introduction to the story?
8. What is Sharpe's response to Teresa's question about Gawilghur?
9. Describe the situation with the wine that is found in the fort at San Miguel.
10. What does Teresa want to do and what does Sharpe suggest?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)