|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Major Tubbs have to work?
(a) Spanish and Scot laborers.
(b) Private Harper.
(c) The Duke's son.
(d) The Duke's nephew.
2. How many men does Captain Pailleterie take on his mission?
3. From what direction does Tubbs notice a cloud of dust?
(a) The channel.
4. Where does Teresa want to ride?
(a) To Madrid.
(b) To Paris.
(c) To Avila.
(d) To Brest.
5. What would happen if the French retake Salamanca?
(a) The English would have to fall back to Madrid.
(b) The French would have a staging ground to retake the southeastern edge of France.
(c) The English would have to retreat into Germany.
(d) It will cut the Duke of Wellington's forces off from their supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sharpe know La Aguja?
2. Who has accompanied Sharpe to the fort?
3. What is Major Ducos' position?
4. Who is Lieutenant Price?
5. What will the men Soult sends North do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Major Ducos in Spain?
2. Describe General Jean Herault.
3. Describe Major Pierre Ducos.
4. Who is Major Tubbs supervising and what is his mission?
5. How does Herault gain command of the South Army's horsemen?
6. What does the author say about "Sharpe's Skirmish" in his introduction to the story?
7. What is Herault doing with Ducos?
8. What is Sharpe's mission in relation to Major Tubbs and why does he take his mission seriously?
9. Who is MacKeon and what is his connection to Sharpe?
10. What does Herault suggest as a tactic for taking San Miguel?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)