|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say in the introduction about the first version of "Sharpe's Skirmish"?
(a) It was quite superb for the amount of time spent on it.
(b) It had a number of inaccuracies.
(c) It was obvious that it was written in haste.
(d) He does not say anything about a first version.
2. What is Sharpe ordered to do at the fort?
(a) Interrogate the French soldiers taken prisoner.
(b) Dig entrenchments.
(c) Destroy anything that would be of use to the French if they return.
(d) Guard Major Tubbs and Tubbs' men.
3. What is Sharpe trying to accomplish at the bridge?
(a) Leaving it open so the French will cross it into an ambush.
(b) Collapsing it.
(c) Barricading it.
(d) Sharpe has no plans for the bridge.
4. Who is Mr. MacKeon?
(a) An Irish cook.
(b) An Irish laborer.
(c) A Scottish cook.
(d) A Scot laborer.
5. What is Herault assigned to capture?
(a) The bridge at San Miguel de Tormes.
(b) The bridge at Santos Carmo.
(c) The fort at Santos Carmo.
(d) The fort at Brazilios.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sharpe send Harper and twenty riflemen?
2. What will the rest of Herault's men do?
3. What does Sharpe notice about the fort?
4. What does Sharpe suggest Teresa have her men do?
5. With what book was "Sharpe's Skirmish" supposed to be given away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Teresa want to do and what does Sharpe suggest?
2. Why does Teresa become enraged about what she hears about Avila?
3. What does the author say about "Sharpe's Skirmish" in his introduction to the story?
4. What does Harper say about Major Tubbs when asked by Sharpe?
5. How does Sharpe begin to prepare for the arrival of the French?
6. Describe the situation with the wine that is found in the fort at San Miguel.
7. Briefly characterize Captain Richard Sharpe.
8. What does Ducos think of Herault's plan.
9. Who welcomes Sharpe to San Miguel and what is he like?
10. Who is MacKeon and what is his connection to Sharpe?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)