|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men does Captain Pailleterie take on his mission?
2. What would happen if the French retake Salamanca?
(a) The English would have to retreat into Germany.
(b) The English would have to fall back to Madrid.
(c) It will cut the Duke of Wellington's forces off from their supplies.
(d) The French would have a staging ground to retake the southeastern edge of France.
3. What does Sharpe believe the French want the British to think?
(a) That the French are coming to San Miguel.
(b) That the French are coming to Santos Cristophos.
(c) That the French are not even in Spain.
(d) That the French are going to Avila.
4. What does Sharpe have disposed of, found in the fort?
(a) A few gallons of poison.
(b) The wine.
(c) Bad artillery rounds.
(d) Spoiled wheat.
5. What is Sharpe trying to accomplish at the bridge?
(a) Barricading it.
(b) Sharpe has no plans for the bridge.
(c) Collapsing it.
(d) Leaving it open so the French will cross it into an ambush.
Short Answer Questions
1. Through what town does Herault ride?
2. Who does Teresa say she fights?
3. Why is Ducos' opinion important?
4. Who is Mr. MacKeon?
5. What is Sharpe ordered to do at the fort?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Sharpe and Teresa disagree about Sharpe's handling of Ensign Hickey?
2. About what are Sharp's men objecting and why do they stop complaining?
3. What does Herault suggest as a tactic for taking San Miguel?
4. Why is Soult amenable to Ducos' request for some of Soult's men?
5. What is Major Tubbs' response to hearing the French may come to San Miguel and what does Sharpe say to Tubbs?
6. Who is MacKeon and what is his connection to Sharpe?
7. What does Herault do after sacrificing 300 French infantrymen?
8. Who is Major Tubbs supervising and what is his mission?
9. Why does Teresa become enraged about what she hears about Avila?
10. What is Sharpe's response to Teresa's question about Gawilghur?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)