|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will the rest of Herault's men do?
(a) Wait in reserve where they are presently located.
(b) Hold the bridge at Santos Carmo.
(c) Divide up and go through three different mountain passes.
(d) Hold the bridge at San Miguel de Tormes.
2. What does Harper insist about his men?
(a) They know better than to get drunk.
(b) They are in sore need of some leave time.
(c) They think Sharpe can do no wrong.
(d) They are the best sharpshooters in the British army.
3. What does Hickey ask Teresa?
(a) If she really fights the French.
(b) Why in the world she would want to marry someone like Sharpe.
(c) If she is really Napoleon's third cousin.
(d) If she is really the King of Spain's niece.
4. How does Sharpe know La Aguja?
(a) There is a drawing of the man hanging on the fort commander's wall.
(b) She is his wife.
(c) He was once in prison with the man.
(d) He does not know La Aguja.
5. What does the narrator say in the introduction about the first version of "Sharpe's Skirmish"?
(a) It had a number of inaccuracies.
(b) He does not say anything about a first version.
(c) It was obvious that it was written in haste.
(d) It was quite superb for the amount of time spent on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Teresa say she fights?
2. What is the main obstacle of Soult's forces that are traveling North?
3. What does Harper admit to Sharpe?
4. What does Harper think about Sharpe's order?
5. Where does Teresa want to ride?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does one of the people eating together in the mess offend Sharpe, and who steps in and has his own opinion about the topic?
2. Describe Major Pierre Ducos.
3. Why does Teresa become enraged about what she hears about Avila?
4. What does Sharpe order Lieutenant Price to do and why?
5. Describe General Jean Herault.
6. What does Harper say about Major Tubbs when asked by Sharpe?
7. Why is Major Ducos in Spain?
8. What is Sharpe's mission in relation to Major Tubbs and why does he take his mission seriously?
9. Describe the setting and mission for Captain Richard Sharpe.
10. What does Herault suggest as a tactic for taking San Miguel?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)