|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sharpe first talk to at the fort?
2. What does Coignet order?
(a) To open the gates.
3. Why would she go there?
(a) To recruit more men to the rebel cause.
(b) To visit her ill grandmother.
(c) To visit her ill brother.
(d) To visit her infant daughter.
4. Where is the wagon that had originally blockaded the bridge?
(a) In the river.
(b) Sitting on the other bank.
(c) Burned to ashes.
(d) Sharpe does not know.
5. Who does Teresa bring from Wellington's forces?
(a) The light cavalry of the 101st brigade.
(b) No one.
(c) The heavy artillery of the 57th brigade.
(d) Captain Lossow of the King's German Legion and his forces.
6. What do Teresa's men do that gives their presence away to Pailleterie?
(b) Shoot a few rifles in the air when they get drunk.
(c) Roast rabbits over a fire.
(d) Get in a fight and make noise.
7. What does Pailleterie see going towards San Miguel?
(a) Two British battalions.
(b) A small stream.
(c) Two French battalions.
(d) A hidden path.
8. What else does the French commander decide to try to do to Sharpe's men?
(a) Send his lancers in to finish Sharpe's men off.
(b) Confuse them.
(c) Separate them into small groups.
(d) Take some captive to interrogate.
9. What does Sharpe perceive when he looks down Salamanca Road?
(a) A lone dog sniffing in the bushes.
(b) Several horse strays walking down the road.
(c) All is quiet.
(d) Some shadows that are not cast by trees.
10. What orders does the French commander give to the men he summons?
(a) To silence the riflemen.
(b) To go in and capture Sharpe.
(c) To ford the river and flank the riflemen.
(d) To go get the fire out at the fort.
11. Of what is MacKeon reminded?
(a) A seige near Sangre.
(b) A fort he and Sharpe took near Brest.
(d) A battle he read about in his military studies.
12. Where does Perkins go after Sharpe talks with him?
(a) The village.
(b) To Salamanca.
(c) To talk to Pailleterie.
(d) To talk to Tubbs.
13. Who does Sharpe stab on the bridge?
14. Why does Pailleterie allow Tubbs to keep his sword?
(a) Tubbs has been secretly working with the French.
(b) Tubbs is related to Pailleterie.
(c) Tubbs gives his parole.
(d) Tubbs seems harmless.
15. With what does Pailleterie threaten his men if they make noise?
(a) Dismissal from the military.
(b) A whipping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pailleterie order his men to do as rifle fire commences?
2. Who makes a suggestion to Sharpe to help him in his strategic plans?
3. Why is Coignet's order useless?
4. How is Lieutenant Price in early dawn?
5. When should Herault arrive?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)