|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ducos ask for help?
(d) No one.
2. Who does Tubbs think are French soldiers?
(a) Some of the men pretending to be farmers in the area.
(b) An unfriendly looking group of horsemen.
(c) A group of men found hiding in some caves.
(d) Several men hiding in a barn near the fort.
3. Who goes in search of the French?
(a) Some of the local militia.
(b) No one, since the French are quite far from the fort.
(c) Lieutenant Price and some of Sharpe's company.
(d) Major Tubbs and some of his Battalion.
4. What does Ducos plan to recommend to Napoleon?
(a) No one.
5. Who is Mr. MacKeon?
(a) An Irish laborer.
(b) A Scottish cook.
(c) An Irish cook.
(d) A Scot laborer.
6. Why doesn't Sharpe want to do what Major Tubbs suggests?
(a) Sharpe does not want to raise the alarm falsely.
(b) Sharpe does not trust Major Tubbs.
(c) Sharpe does not think the French will harm the peasants and they'd be in the way inside the fort.
(d) Sharpe wants to keep Teresa where he can protect her.
7. What is one group against whom Herault fought?
(a) Ballesteros' Spaniards.
(b) Norththumberland's three brigades.
(c) Wellington's heavy cavalry.
(d) Cinquero's Spaniards.
8. What does Harper insist about his men?
(a) They are in sore need of some leave time.
(b) They know better than to get drunk.
(c) They are the best sharpshooters in the British army.
(d) They think Sharpe can do no wrong.
9. Who does the job of disposal?
(a) Major Tubbs.
(c) Major Price.
(d) Sergeant Patrick Harper.
10. From what is Sharpe recovering?
(a) A lack of sleep.
(b) A bullet wound.
(d) Food poisoning.
11. Where does Ducos want to force the British?
(a) To Holland.
(b) Into the Atlantic.
(c) To the Pyrenees.
(d) To the Portuguese border.
12. What is the main obstacle of Soult's forces that are traveling North?
(a) The British forces at San Miguel.
(b) There is no obstacle all the way to Paris.
(c) The local Spanish rebels in the area.
(d) The militia of the Duke of Sangria.
13. What does Price say about Teresa?
(a) She is worth staring at.
(b) She is a hot-blooded Spanish lady and Hicky may lose something valuable.
(c) She is 100 percent loyal to Sharpe.
14. Of what does Tubbs take possession?
(a) The wine.
(b) The muskets.
(c) The French prisoners.
(d) The French camp followers.
15. Who is Captain Michel Pailleterie?
(a) The Captain of one of the companies under Sharpe.
(b) The officer Herault sends ahead.
(c) The officer who Major Tubbs consults about the muskets.
(d) The company commander of the light artillery with the Duke of Wellington.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "Sharpe's Skirmish" first written?
2. Who does Sharp yell at for staring at his wife?
3. What does Sharpe keep in his room for medicinal purposes?
4. What does Sharpe suggest Teresa have her men do?
5. What did the sacrifice at Avila do?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)