|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Herault march as night falls?
(a) Into Avila.
(b) Back to rejoin Soult.
(c) Back towards Paris.
(d) Across the hills.
2. What will the men Soult sends North do?
(a) Attack Wellington's position.
(b) March for Paris to try to save it.
(c) Flank Wellington and go after Norththumberland.
(d) Attack the Spanish traitors at Casa Lomalinda.
3. What does Teresa suggest Sharpe have Hickey do?
(b) Retreat with the civilians since he is wounded.
(c) Write a request for reinforcements.
(d) Send out scouts towards Avila.
4. Where does Sharpe send Harper and twenty riflemen?
(a) To a nearby farm.
(b) To take a message to Wellington.
(c) To protect the musket cache.
(d) To protect the bridge.
5. What is one thing that makes Tubbs happy about their arrival at this fort?
(a) There is fine wine in the fort.
(b) The men have been given three days leave.
(c) The Duke has returned to England.
(d) The captured French are cooperating.
6. Who does Ducos ask for help?
(d) No one.
7. Why does Napoleon send Ducos to Spain?
(a) To report about the possible treaty the King of Spain is negotiating with the English.
(b) The French armies are losing there.
(c) To take command of the Spanihs forces.
(d) To get Ducos away from Ducos' support base.
8. Who has accompanied Sharpe to the fort?
(a) His nephew who wants to join the Army.
(b) His mistress.
(c) His wife.
(d) His light company.
9. What does Sharpe have disposed of, found in the fort?
(a) Spoiled wheat.
(b) Bad artillery rounds.
(c) The wine.
(d) A few gallons of poison.
10. Where does Teresa want to ride?
(a) To Madrid.
(b) To Paris.
(c) To Brest.
(d) To Avila.
11. Where does the General lead a charge that destroys a British battalion?
12. Who does Teresa say she fights?
(a) Whoever she feels like fighting.
(b) Rude men.
(c) Anyone allied with Napoleon.
(d) Anyone who gives Sharpe a hard time.
13. What does the narrator say in the introduction about the first version of "Sharpe's Skirmish"?
(a) He does not say anything about a first version.
(b) It was quite superb for the amount of time spent on it.
(c) It had a number of inaccuracies.
(d) It was obvious that it was written in haste.
14. What happens just after Ducos arrives in Spain?
(a) Marmont's army is destroyed.
(b) Soult's army is destroyed.
(c) Sharpe kills Marmont.
(d) Marmont's army wins a crucial battle.
15. What does Harper admit to Sharpe?
(a) He is getting out of the Army as soon as Napoleon is defeated.
(b) He may not have smashed as much as the wine as Sharpe ordered.
(c) He is getting married when he returns to England.
(d) He has always been in love with Teresa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe tell Hickey when it is obvious Hickey is afraid?
2. What is La Aguja's real name?
3. What does Sharpe tell Harper to do?
4. What does Tubbs not believe?
5. Where has Sharpe arrived?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)