|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will the British soldiers' work in the Elysian fields be unmolested?
(a) There is a truce to gather their dead on each side.
(b) The British has a strong artillery presence.
(c) The French have been captured.
(d) The French have left.
2. In what country did Sharpe serve when he was younger?
(a) The United States.
3. Who is Captain Michel Pailleterie?
(a) The company commander of the light artillery with the Duke of Wellington.
(b) The officer who Major Tubbs consults about the muskets.
(c) The officer Herault sends ahead.
(d) The Captain of one of the companies under Sharpe.
4. Who goes in search of the French?
(a) No one, since the French are quite far from the fort.
(b) Lieutenant Price and some of Sharpe's company.
(c) Some of the local militia.
(d) Major Tubbs and some of his Battalion.
5. How old is General Herault?
6. Who is Major Lucius Tubbs?
(a) He is the commander of San Miguel.
(b) He is in charge of rating the muskets at the fort that were left by the French.
(c) He commands the 501 Artillery battalion.
(d) He is Sharpe's immediate superior.
7. Where does Teresa want to ride?
(a) To Madrid.
(b) To Paris.
(c) To Brest.
(d) To Avila.
8. What is Major Ducos' position?
(a) A functionary for the Emperor.
(b) Advisor to Cornwallis.
(c) The man in charge of logistics for Tubb's battalion.
(d) Commander of the Dragoons.
9. What does Harper insist about his men?
(a) They know better than to get drunk.
(b) They are in sore need of some leave time.
(c) They are the best sharpshooters in the British army.
(d) They think Sharpe can do no wrong.
10. What does Sharpe believe the French want the British to think?
(a) That the French are coming to San Miguel.
(b) That the French are coming to Santos Cristophos.
(c) That the French are not even in Spain.
(d) That the French are going to Avila.
11. What happens just after Ducos arrives in Spain?
(a) Sharpe kills Marmont.
(b) Marmont's army is destroyed.
(c) Soult's army is destroyed.
(d) Marmont's army wins a crucial battle.
12. What did the sacrifice at Avila do?
(a) Free the rest of Teresa's rebel group to join Sharpe.
(b) Open the back way to Castile.
(c) Give the Duke of Wellington's forces a way to retreat.
(d) Give Sharpe a clear field to regroup.
13. Where was Sharpe first to cross a wall according to one of the men who are sitting with Sharpe and Teresa?
(a) Fort Gibraltar.
(b) Fort Brest.
14. What does Price say about Teresa?
(a) She is 100 percent loyal to Sharpe.
(b) She is worth staring at.
(d) She is a hot-blooded Spanish lady and Hicky may lose something valuable.
15. What is one thing that makes Tubbs happy about their arrival at this fort?
(a) The captured French are cooperating.
(b) The Duke has returned to England.
(c) The men have been given three days leave.
(d) There is fine wine in the fort.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ducos want to force the British?
2. When was "Sharpe's Skirmish" first written?
3. Why doesn't Sharpe want to do what Major Tubbs suggests?
4. Who does Tubbs think are French soldiers?
5. Why does Sharpe order this disposal?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)