|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is sacrificed at Avila?
(a) 100 French heavy cavalry.
(b) The ability to stike back quickly.
(c) 3,000 British pike men.
(d) 300 French infantrymen.
2. How many men does Captain Pailleterie take on his mission?
3. What does Sharpe have Harper do?
(a) Have Harper's men dig trenches on the far side of the bridge.
(b) Try to stall Teresa and her men from leaving.
(c) Take some men to help the Duke of Wellington.
(d) Set up Tubb's oxcart on the bridge.
4. Who is Lieutenant Price?
(a) A corrupt commisary officer.
(b) An officer under Major Tubbs' command.
(c) An officer under Sharpe's command.
(d) A British officer turned traitor.
5. Who is nicknamed La Aguja?
(a) A man Sharpe's company captures near the river.
(b) One of the men found hiding in the barn.
(c) Sergeant Harper.
(d) The beautiful woman riding towards the fort.
6. Why does Napoleon send Ducos to Spain?
(a) To report about the possible treaty the King of Spain is negotiating with the English.
(b) The French armies are losing there.
(c) To take command of the Spanihs forces.
(d) To get Ducos away from Ducos' support base.
7. What is La Aguja's real name?
8. What did the sacrifice at Avila do?
(a) Give Sharpe a clear field to regroup.
(b) Open the back way to Castile.
(c) Free the rest of Teresa's rebel group to join Sharpe.
(d) Give the Duke of Wellington's forces a way to retreat.
9. What enrages Teresa?
(a) That the French have once again intruded upon the Spanish.
(b) The possible destruction of a sacred site.
(c) That Sharpe does not seem perturbed that the French are razing the countryside.
(d) That Sharpe does not understand her desire to save Avila.
10. What would happen if the French retake Salamanca?
(a) The English would have to fall back to Madrid.
(b) The French would have a staging ground to retake the southeastern edge of France.
(c) The English would have to retreat into Germany.
(d) It will cut the Duke of Wellington's forces off from their supplies.
11. What does Price say about Teresa?
(a) She is a hot-blooded Spanish lady and Hicky may lose something valuable.
(c) She is worth staring at.
(d) She is 100 percent loyal to Sharpe.
12. What does Sharpe suggest Teresa have her men do?
(a) Go to rejoin the main rebel forces.
(b) Sharpe would not try to tell Teresa what to do.
(c) Stay in San Miguel.
(d) Go to Avila.
13. Who is MacKeon?
(a) A soldier who knew Sharpe in Campbell's 96th.
(b) Teresa's second in command.
(c) Ducos' second in command.
(d) A rebel in the Spanish forces.
14. What does Tubbs not believe?
(a) That Harper and his men can get through to Wellington in time.
(b) That the French will destroy Avila.
(c) That Teresa's Spainish rebels should fight with the British.
(d) That the French are coming.
15. With what book was "Sharpe's Skirmish" supposed to be given away?
(a) "Sharpe at Waterloo".
(c) "Sharpe's Fortress".
(d) "Sharpe's Rifles".
Short Answer Questions
1. What motivated Teresa to becomes a soldier?
2. What does Sharpe keep in his room for medicinal purposes?
3. Who is Major Lucius Tubbs?
4. In what country did Sharpe serve when he was younger?
5. What is Sharpe ordered to do at the fort?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)