|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: pages 9-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sharpe order this disposal?
(a) Because he is afraid the men will get ill with moldy wheat.
(b) Because he does not believe in poisoning wells as a tactic of war.
(c) Because the war has not yet been won.
(d) He is afraid to use the rounds in case they explode inside the cannon barrels.
2. What is La Aguja's real name?
3. Who has accompanied Sharpe to the fort?
(a) His nephew who wants to join the Army.
(b) His mistress.
(c) His wife.
(d) His light company.
4. Where has Sharpe arrived?
(a) San Juan.
(b) Santos Marios.
(c) San Miguel.
(d) Santos Juanita.
5. What is Sharpe ordered to do at the fort?
(a) Guard Major Tubbs and Tubbs' men.
(b) Interrogate the French soldiers taken prisoner.
(c) Dig entrenchments.
(d) Destroy anything that would be of use to the French if they return.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Sharpe's men object until Sharpe gets near?
2. What does Sharpe say he did not see?
3. Who is Mr. MacKeon?
4. When was "Sharpe's Skirmish" first written?
5. With whom does Major Tubbs have to work?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)