|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: pages 9-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is nicknamed La Aguja?
(a) A man Sharpe's company captures near the river.
(b) The beautiful woman riding towards the fort.
(c) Sergeant Harper.
(d) One of the men found hiding in the barn.
2. What does the narrator say in the introduction about the first version of "Sharpe's Skirmish"?
(a) It was obvious that it was written in haste.
(b) It was quite superb for the amount of time spent on it.
(c) It had a number of inaccuracies.
(d) He does not say anything about a first version.
3. What does Sharpe doubt?
(a) That Harper is competent.
(b) That there are any French soldiers in the area.
(c) That his wife will be happy staying at the fort.
(d) That Tubbs is competent.
4. When was "Sharpe's Skirmish" first written?
5. What is Sharpe ordered to do at the fort?
(a) Dig entrenchments.
(b) Interrogate the French soldiers taken prisoner.
(c) Guard Major Tubbs and Tubbs' men.
(d) Destroy anything that would be of use to the French if they return.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many muskets does a priest discover at the fort?
2. Who is Mr. MacKeon?
3. To what does Sharpe's men object until Sharpe gets near?
4. Why will the British soldiers' work in the Elysian fields be unmolested?
5. What does Sharpe keep in his room for medicinal purposes?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)