|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1: pages 9-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Sharpe's men object until Sharpe gets near?
(a) Testing live artillery pieces.
(b) Breaking bottles of good wine.
(c) Following orders from Tubbs.
(d) Following orders from Harper.
2. Who is Lieutenant Price?
(a) A corrupt commisary officer.
(b) A British officer turned traitor.
(c) An officer under Major Tubbs' command.
(d) An officer under Sharpe's command.
3. What does Sharpe say he did not see?
(a) Correct military procedures by Tubbs and his men.
(b) Any strange uniforms.
(c) A way to defend the fort if the French return.
(d) Correct military protocal by the local militia.
4. Why does Sharpe have his men marching on recon?
(a) So the dust from the marching will fool the French into thinking the British have left.
(b) To forage for food.
(c) So the French will think Sharpe has a much bigger force than he does.
(d) So they do not get slack in their duties.
5. What is Sharpe ordered to do at the fort?
(a) Interrogate the French soldiers taken prisoner.
(b) Guard Major Tubbs and Tubbs' men.
(c) Destroy anything that would be of use to the French if they return.
(d) Dig entrenchments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sharpe order this disposal?
2. What does Sharpe have disposed of, found in the fort?
3. Who goes in search of the French?
4. From what direction does Tubbs notice a cloud of dust?
5. How does Sharpe know La Aguja?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)