|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: pages 38-47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tubbs not believe?
(a) That the French are coming.
(b) That the French will destroy Avila.
(c) That Teresa's Spainish rebels should fight with the British.
(d) That Harper and his men can get through to Wellington in time.
2. What does Pailleterie know about the road to the South?
(a) It is open.
(b) It is covered by the French Hussars.
(c) It will be a costly battle to open it.
(d) It is protected by Teresa's men.
3. What has Pailleterie given his men before?
(a) A pay bonus after victory.
(b) Free license to kill and loot.
(d) A commendation.
4. Who is Mr. MacKeon?
(a) A Scot laborer.
(b) An Irish cook.
(c) A Scottish cook.
(d) An Irish laborer.
5. What does Sharpe suggest Teresa have her men do?
(a) Stay in San Miguel.
(b) Sharpe would not try to tell Teresa what to do.
(c) Go to Avila.
(d) Go to rejoin the main rebel forces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Major Lucius Tubbs?
2. What does the narrator say in the introduction about the first version of "Sharpe's Skirmish"?
3. Why does Teresa go to Salamanca?
4. What gives Pailleterie an advantage in charging across the bridge?
5. What does Sharpe think is almost impossible?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)