|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: pages 38-47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Teresa doing as Price's men fire their rifles?
(a) On her way to her horse.
(b) Bandaging Sharpe's ribs.
(c) Helping rouse the men who are not on watch.
(d) Getting her men lined up for a charge.
2. What does the narrator say Major Pierre Ducos is not?
(a) A coward.
(d) A major or civilian.
3. How do Pailleterie's men feel about him?
(a) They like him.
(b) They think he is incompetent.
(c) They think he is arrogant.
(d) They think he is too strict.
4. What is Sharpe trying to accomplish at the bridge?
(a) Barricading it.
(b) Sharpe has no plans for the bridge.
(c) Collapsing it.
(d) Leaving it open so the French will cross it into an ambush.
5. Who is Hagman?
(a) The first Hessian across the bridge.
(b) The senior rifleman.
(c) The one who fired too soon.
(d) The man who takes a bullet for Sharpe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say in the introduction about the first version of "Sharpe's Skirmish"?
2. What does Pailleterie hope about San Miguel?
3. Why is Ducos' opinion important?
4. What flies high above Tormes?
5. Who does Ducos ask for help?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)