Section 1: pages 9-19
1. When was "Sharpe's Skirmish" first written?
2. With what book was "Sharpe's Skirmish" supposed to be given away?
(a) "Sharpe's Rifles".
(c) "Sharpe at Waterloo".
(d) "Sharpe's Fortress".
3. What does the narrator say in the introduction about the first version of "Sharpe's Skirmish"?
(a) It had a number of inaccuracies.
(b) It was quite superb for the amount of time spent on it.
(c) It was obvious that it was written in haste.
(d) He does not say anything about a first version.
4. Who is Major Lucius Tubbs?
(a) He is the commander of San Miguel.
(b) He commands the 501 Artillery battalion.
(c) He is Sharpe's immediate superior.
(d) He is in charge of rating the muskets at the fort that were left by the French.
5. Where has Sharpe arrived?
(a) Santos Marios.
(b) San Miguel.
(c) San Juan.
(d) Santos Juanita.
6. Why will the British soldiers' work in the Elysian fields be unmolested?
(a) There is a truce to gather their dead on each side.
(b) The French have been captured.
(c) The British has a strong artillery presence.
(d) The French have left.
This section contains 5,235 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)