|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the addition of another high ranking officer do to the French forces?
(a) Creates arguments about command.
(b) Stops the battle for a while.
(c) Confuses the men in the ranks.
(d) Adds more brain power.
2. What does Sharpe do when he sees Bampfylde?
(a) Kicks him in the kneecap.
(b) Slaps him in the face.
(c) Accost him and insults him.
(d) Draws his sword on him.
3. How does Killick respond to Calvet's request?
(a) He says that he will think about it.
(b) He takes his men to launch his ship.
(c) He says he would do it.
(d) He declines.
4. Why does Sharpe surrender?
(a) He has few men left.
(b) He is badly wounded
(c) He has no more supplies.
(d) He has made an agreement with Killick.
5. What type of passage does the bridge afford?
(b) It's a permanent bridge.
(c) Stout and strong.
(d) Very unstable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the ambush site that Sharpe selects located?
2. What does Sharpe do to all the supply wagons?
3. What does Palmer say about the mission on which Bampfylde sent him?
4. What does Harper manage to repair in the fort?
5. Why type of attack did the French use after the one in question #145?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe General Calvet and what type of military leader is he?
2. What occurs during the exchange between Calvet and Killick?
3. What kind of fighting method does Sharpe have his men do?
4. What does Killick do with the British prisoners?
5. What does colonel Favier ask Sharpe and what is his reply?
6. What does Bampfylde do before leaving Teste de Buch?
7. What finally sets up a French assault for the next day?
8. What happens in the second French assault on the fortress?
9. What type of crime was committed in the town and what happens to the perpetrator?
10. What does Sharpe and his men ambush?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)