|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe do to all the supply wagons?
(a) Blows them up.
(b) Sets them on fire.
(c) Takes them with him.
(d) Drives them into the river.
2. For what would Sharpe use quicklime?
(a) For treating wounds.
(b) To cleanse the water supply.
(c) As a primitive chemical warfare to blind the enemy.
(d) To make gunpowder.
3. Of what Is the convoy which comes across the ambush site consist?
(a) French infantry, supply wagons, and some calvery.
(b) French sailors heading for Teste de Buch.
(c) French rifle units.
(d) French artillery units.
4. How does Killick respond to Calvet's request?
(a) He says he would do it.
(b) He declines.
(c) He takes his men to launch his ship.
(d) He says that he will think about it.
5. Who joins Sharpe near the river?
(a) Frederickson and his company.
(b) A company of marines.
(c) A company of infantry.
(d) Killick and his men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe and his men scavenge from the fort?
2. Why type of attack did the French use after the one in question #145?
3. Where is the ambush site that Sharpe selects located?
4. What does Sharpe order be done with the British flag over the fortress?
5. What happens to the French as they put the fascines in place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of crime was committed in the town and what happens to the perpetrator?
2. What does colonel Favier ask Sharpe and what is his reply?
3. What does Calvet do with his artillery?
4. What happens when the French first arrive at the fort and how does Calvet respond to it?
5. What happens in the second French assault on the fortress?
6. What finally sets up a French assault for the next day?
7. What type of tactic has Sharpe used to get his men out of the fort? Describe how it worked.
8. What kind of fighting method does Sharpe have his men do?
9. What does Sharpe and his men ambush?
10. What do Sharpe and his men do to prepare for the French forces marching on them at the fortress? What information does Killick give them?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)