|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Killick tell Sharpe?
(a) There is a large supply of quicklime nearby.
(b) He is leaving before the French attack.
(c) The leader of the French is homicidal.
(d) His boat can take twenty men.
2. Why does Sharpe surrender?
(a) He is badly wounded
(b) He has few men left.
(c) He has made an agreement with Killick.
(d) He has no more supplies.
3. What does Sharpe do to all the supply wagons?
(a) Drives them into the river.
(b) Takes them with him.
(c) Blows them up.
(d) Sets them on fire.
4. What do the French do besides bombard and shell the fortress?
(a) Poison the water supply.
(b) Shoot fire arrows.
(c) Dig tunnels.
(d) Make several feints.
5. What are fascines?
(a) A French catapult.
(b) A type of cannon.
(c) A type of fire tower.
(d) Huge bundles of sticks.
Short Answer Questions
1. The man who meets Ducos fought on what front?
2. Why is Ducos in charge of the attack on Teste de Buch?
3. Why has Killick agreed to a staged surrender?
4. What does Harper manage to repair in the fort?
5. In what type of formation do the French assault the Teste de Buch the first time after bombardment and shelling?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurs during the exchange between Calvet and Killick?
2. Who joins Sharpe and why?
3. What type of tactic has Sharpe used to get his men out of the fort? Describe how it worked.
4. What do both Calvet and Sharpe realize about the assaults on the fortress and how it will end.
5. What does Calvet do with his artillery?
6. Describe Pierre Ducos and describe his unusual status.
7. What is the local commander, Calvet like?
8. Describe the bridge that the British built.
9. What happens with Ducos' plan and how does Sharpe feel about de Maquerre's information?
10. What kind of fighting method does Sharpe have his men do?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)