|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe quote to Bampfylde?
(a) Regulations concerning the command structure.
(b) His orders.
(c) Human rights section of the British constitution.
(d) The Bible.
2. Who is in charge of the Teste de Buch?
(a) Commodore LaFayette.
(b) Commodore Henri Lassan.
(c) Commodore Sydney LeShant.
(d) Commodore Pletier.
3. Where does the commodore of the fort send his men?
(a) To the harbor.
(b) Into the hills.
(c) To the landward wall.
(d) To the seaward wall.
4. What do the British decide they need to divert the French from the bridge site?
(a) Damming the river and flooding the plain.
(b) Lighting a forest fire.
(c) Mortar fire behind them.
(d) A diversionary action.
5. How do Sharpe and Frederickson feel about each other?
(a) Frederickson is distainful of Sharpe.
(b) They are indifferent to each other.
(c) They like each other immediately.
(d) Sharpe feels uneasy about Frederickson.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what peninsula has the British forces been fighting?
2. Who suggest the site to which Killick moves his ambush?
3. Who does Sharpe visit before leaving on his mission?
4. With whom does de Maquerre meet up?
5. Of what vital fact is Lassan and Killick unaware?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Sharpe when they land and why is he surprised and what does Bampfylde do?
2. What do the various officers Sharpe meets with think about what the British should do?
3. Where does Killick move his cannon, how does he feel about his intervention and why is he doing it?
4. What does an English frigate do about the Teste de Buch and how does Lassan respond?
5. In what state are Napoleon's forces at the beginning of this book?
6. Describe the recent event just preceding this book.
7. How is Killick's ambush neutralized?
8. Who does Bampfylde write the morning after he arrives at the fortress and what does he say?
9. What is Richard Sharpe's role in the coming British action and why is he chosen for this task?
10. What is Sharpe's mission and what does Elphinstone think about it?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)