|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Killick decide to do against the British land force?
(b) Prepare an ambush.
(c) Burn the forest so they can't hide.
2. Where does Sharpe order his men after the battle at Teste de Buch?
(a) Back to the ship.
(b) To the woods.
(c) No where they take up residence in the fort.
(d) To Killick's ambush.
3. How does Sharpe feel about hanging men?
(a) Has a great distaste for it.
(c) Believes it's a good way to go.
4. How does the Commodore try to figure out what the British are going to do?
(a) Sends a spy to the British lines.
(b) He doesn't he just waits for whatever happens.
(c) Gathers local information.
(d) Thinks about what he would do in their situation.
5. How do Sharpe and Frederickson feel about each other?
(a) Sharpe feels uneasy about Frederickson.
(b) They are indifferent to each other.
(c) They like each other immediately.
(d) Frederickson is distainful of Sharpe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bampfylde order Sharpe's rifle companies to get some rest?
2. Why is Killick intervening in the battle at Teste de Buch?
3. What does Killick say to Sharpe about hanging sailors?
4. Who first intervenes for the Americans?
5. What type of work does Cornelius Killick do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the recent event just preceding this book.
2. Who joins Sharpe's mission at the last moment, what kind of problems does he cause and why does Sharpe's superiors allow it?
3. In what state are Napoleon's forces at the beginning of this book?
4. What plan does Sharpe use to get into the fortress?
5. What does Bampfylde do with the American prisoners and why?
6. What does Killick decide to do with the British coming?
7. How does Frederickson feel about the treatment of the Americans and what does he do?
8. How is Killick's ambush neutralized?
9. What is Sharpe's mission and what does Elphinstone think about it?
10. How does Killick respond to Sharpe's distaste for hanging?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)