|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who assumes command of the force that will assault Teste de Buch?
2. What does Sharpe think about Harper's story?
(a) It is ridiculous.
(b) It is funny.
(c) It is quite a coincidence.
(d) It is a serious breach of military regulations.
3. Who does Sharpe visit before leaving on his mission?
(a) Colonel Smithwood.
(b) Captain Southerby.
(c) Major Jones.
(d) Colonel Hogan.
4. How do Sharpe and Frederickson feel about each other?
(a) They like each other immediately.
(b) Sharpe feels uneasy about Frederickson.
(c) They are indifferent to each other.
(d) Frederickson is distainful of Sharpe.
5. Who does the soldier at the gate think Harper is?
(a) An American civilian.
(b) An American casualty.
(c) A French scout.
(d) A French spy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads the naval expedition near Gujan?
2. What does Sharpe do when he arrives near the fortress ahead of schedule?
3. What did Sharpe as the Americans to swear?
4. What will Sharpe do while Teste de Buch is being assaulted?
5. Why can't the Marines do the mission Sharpe is assigned?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the British decide to do to implement their plan from question # 3?
2. What does Sharpe do with the American prisoners and how does Bampfylde respond?
3. What do the various officers Sharpe meets with think about what the British should do?
4. In what state are Napoleon's forces at the beginning of this book?
5. How does Sharpe counter Bampfylde's assertion of command and what does Bampfylde decide to do?
6. What does Sharpe doe when he arrives near the area of the fortress?
7. Why is Commodore Lassan at Teste de Buch uneasy?
8. What does Pierre Ducos do when he learns Sharpe is marching inland?
9. Who does Bampfylde write the morning after he arrives at the fortress and what does he say?
10. How does Sharpe prepare first for his mission? How does that turn out?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)