|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Towards what river do the British troops advance?
(a) Adour River.
(b) Rhine River.
(c) Danube River.
(d) James River.
2. Why has Wigram attached another man to Sharpe's forces?
(a) He has medical skills.
(b) To keep tabs on Sharpe.
(c) To force the issue of a march on Bordeaux.
(d) He knows the area well.
3. What would happen if Bampfylde left Teste de Buch?
(a) He would march on Bordeaux.
(b) The French would use it against the English.
(c) The French would occupy it again.
(d) Sharpe would be on his own.
4. What closes with Teste de Buch at a given preset hour?
(a) Sharpe's companies.
(b) A British frigate.
(c) A French man-of-war.
(d) Bampfylde's Marines
5. What surprises Sharpe when they arrive at their mission site?
(a) The few number of French on the walls of Teste de Buch.
(b) How hot the weather is for December.
(c) How run down the fort looks.
(d) The number o Marines that are there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sharpe decline Patrick Harper's volunteering to join the unit?
2. Who lands as the Marines march away?
3. Why does Sharpe do as he is told?
4. How do Sharpe and Frederickson feel about each other?
5. What did Killick do in Chapter One?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what state are Napoleon's forces at the beginning of this book?
2. Where does Killick move his cannon, how does he feel about his intervention and why is he doing it?
3. What does Sharpe do with the American prisoners and how does Bampfylde respond?
4. What do the British decide to do to implement their plan from question # 3?
5. How does Killick respond to Sharpe's distaste for hanging?
6. Who does Bampfylde write the morning after he arrives at the fortress and what does he say?
7. How does Sharpe counter Bampfylde's assertion of command and what does Bampfylde decide to do?
8. Why is Commodore Lassan at Teste de Buch uneasy?
9. What is Sharpe's mission and what does Elphinstone think about it?
10. How is Killick's ambush neutralized?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)