|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the commodore of the fort send his men?
(a) To the harbor.
(b) To the landward wall.
(c) To the seaward wall.
(d) Into the hills.
2. Who lands as the Marines march away?
(a) The infantry under Duley.
(b) No one.
(c) Sharpe's companies.
(d) Winger's calvery.
3. What does the Comte de Maquerre do for France?
(a) He is in charge of the French forces.
(b) He is a spy.
(c) He is the prime minister.
(d) He is an admiral.
4. What does Sharpe quote to Bampfylde?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Regulations concerning the command structure.
(c) Human rights section of the British constitution.
(d) His orders.
5. What do the British decide they need to divert the French from the bridge site?
(a) Damming the river and flooding the plain.
(b) A diversionary action.
(c) Lighting a forest fire.
(d) Mortar fire behind them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what territory have the British forces pushed after conquering the peninsula in question #3?
2. What does the Commodore decide will be the British's method of attack on his fort?
3. With what is Jane ill when Sharpe leaves on his mission?
4. Who joins Sharpe's unit at the last moment?
5. Who assumes command of the force that will assault Teste de Buch?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Killick respond to Sharpe's distaste for hanging?
2. What does Killick decide to do with the British coming?
3. Who joins Sharpe's mission at the last moment, what kind of problems does he cause and why does Sharpe's superiors allow it?
4. What does Harper ask Sharpe, how does Sharpe respond and what does Harper say to that response?
5. How does Sharpe prepare first for his mission? How does that turn out?
6. What kind of shape are Bampfylde and his Marines and how does this affect what they do?
7. What does Pierre Ducos do when he learns Sharpe is marching inland?
8. What does Killick think the British will do, how much experience does he have with fighting on land and what worries him the most?
9. Who does Bampfylde write the morning after he arrives at the fortress and what does he say?
10. What does Bampfylde do with the American prisoners and why?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)