|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bampfylde keep looking for back at the beach?
(a) British ships to pick him and his men up.
(c) Lassan and his men.
(d) A way through the mountains to Bordeaux.
2. Why does Sharpe ask Harper to pull his infected tooth?
(a) So he can go to the medical tent.
(b) So he won't get sick.
(c) In a plan to gain access to the fortress.
(d) He didn't ask him to do that.
3. Why are the French not able to burn their ships?
(a) The British have already taken them.
(b) The gunpowder is wet.
(c) It's raining too hard.
(d) The French have no ships.
4. Why is Sharpe anger at himself?
(a) For getting married right before he left.
(b) For getting caught in the fortress.
(c) For not killing Bampfylde.
(d) For not foreseeing the bombardment.
5. In what type of formation do the French assault the Teste de Buch the first time after bombardment and shelling?
(a) With calvery.
(b) Small forays.
(c) Long line.
(d) Massed frontal force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first town which Sharpe's men encounter?
2. What does a group of the British see a few hours before Sharpe's mission?
3. What happens during the second assault in question #148?
4. Who joins Sharpe near the river?
5. In what state are Napoleon's troops at the beginning of this book?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)