|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why type of attack did the French use after the one in question #145?
(a) Fire arrows and more shelling.
(b) The boarded ships and came from the seaward side.
(c) Sapping under the wall.
(d) Feinting action adn harassing fire.
2. In what year does this novel start?
3. What does Sharpe do when he arrives near the fortress ahead of schedule?
(a) Watches the unequal duel.
(b) Knocks down the gate.
(c) Hides in the woods.
(d) Attacks the fortress.
4. What does Sharpe do the day after the fort was captured?
(a) Rests his men.
(b) Marches inland.
(c) Returns to the river.
(d) Marches down the coast.
5. What do the French do besides bombard and shell the fortress?
(a) Dig tunnels.
(b) Poison the water supply.
(c) Shoot fire arrows.
(d) Make several feints.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins the assaulting troops?
2. What does Colonel Favier parlay with Sharpe about?
3. How do Sharpe and his men get across the Leyre River?
4. What does Killick tell Sharpe about his tale concerning sailors and hanging?
5. What happens to the French as they put the fascines in place?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)