|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lassan and his men do when the British enter the fort?
(a) Abandon it.
(b) Blow up the fort.
(d) Kill most of them.
2. What does Bampfylde do that nearly wrecks the fortress?
(b) Causes the main magazines to be detonated.
(c) Sets fire to it.
(d) Opens the sea gates and floods it.
3. What does Killick present to Bampfylde?
(a) The strong box from the fort.
(b) Two hundred pounds.
(c) The title to his ship.
(d) A letter of marque and citizenship papers.
4. After a section of a wall falls what does Sharpe do?
(a) Slips out of the fort during the night.
(b) Surrenders the fort.
(c) Requests a parlay.
(d) Sends his men into the forest.
5. What is the first town which Sharpe's men encounter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Sharpe near the river?
2. What does Harper do to Robinson?
3. What do Sharpe's superiors do to free him to lead the invasion force?
4. Into what territory have the British forces pushed after conquering the peninsula in question #3?
5. Who does Bampfylde credit in his official report to the Admiralty?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)