Chapters 1 and 2
1. In what year does this novel start?
2. Who is leading the British forces at the beginning of this novel?
3. On what peninsula has the British forces been fighting?
4. Into what territory have the British forces pushed after conquering the peninsula in question #3?
(a) Eastern Spain.
(c) North Germany.
(d) Southern France.
5. In what state are Napoleon's troops at the beginning of this book?
(c) Firm and steady.
(d) Dug in.
6. Where does Napoleon send fresh troops?
(a) Behind the British.
(b) Near the Shuther peninsula.
(c) To Russia.
(d) To the new front.
7. Towards what river do the British troops advance?
(a) James River.
(b) Danube River.
(c) Rhine River.
(d) Adour River.
8. Why do the British troops stop at the river?
(a) To water the horses.
(b) To fill their water barrels.
(c) It is a natural barrier.
(d) The French are too strong on the other side of the river.
This section contains 4,665 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)