|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did the real explosion take place?
2. Where do the hill fortifications run?
(a) Tagus to Massena.
(b) From the Atlantic to Tagus.
(c) Atlantic to Brussels.
(d) Atlantic to Lisbon.
3. What does Teresa notice in Sharpe's pocket?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A locket.
(c) A letter.
(d) A ring.
4. What is being built for which they needed the gold so badly?
(a) The Lines of Torres Vedras.
(b) A new fort near the French border.
(c) The gold is for paying soldiers, not building.
(d) Several new frigates.
5. How long do they think they can hold out?
(a) A month at the most.
(b) A year or so.
(c) 6-8 weeks.
(d) 6-8 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lawford reveal?
2. What is the commander of Almeida forced to do?
3. Where do Sharpe and Teresa wake up?
4. Who does Sharpe say he will slowly dismember?
5. Why do Teresa and Sharpe go upstairs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is written about the historical Almeida?
2. Who is causing Sharpe problems about moving the gold on to Wellington?
3. Describe Teresa and Sharpe's conversation while they are in bed?
4. What happens when Sharpe goes to the telegraph station and who is he with?
5. What does it say about the cause of the explosion and who got in a bread oven?
6. Describe the scene between Cox and Sharpe about the gold and Sharpe's men.
7. How is Sharpe faring with the wound he receives?
8. What do Sharpe and several others discuss?
9. Why does Sharpe think there is no hope for his company and who saves them?
10. What happens to Teresa?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)