|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Lossow and Sharpe plan to do after resting?
(a) Cross the river with their men.
(b) They are not sure.
(c) Send a messenger to slip through enemy lines.
(d) Build up fortifications where they are.
2. What was the real cause of the explosion?
(a) A careless pipe smoker.
(b) A French shell.
(c) It is unknown.
(d) A careless fire.
3. Who does Sharpe say he will slowly dismember?
(c) El Catolico.
4. Where do they move Sharpe's company?
(a) To a safer area.
(b) To Brussels.
(c) No where.
(d) To Germany.
5. What happens as Sharpe's message is being sent?
(a) Nothing; it goes through successfully.
(b) The sender dies of a heart attack.
(c) The lines are hit.
(d) Cox changes his mind about allowing it to go through.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are they debating in the opening to chapter 23?
2. What is Sharpe hating to think about doing?
3. About what does Sharpe ask at the telegraph office?
4. Who are ahead of Sharpe at the end of the day?
5. What year did the real explosion take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the interaction between Sharpe and Garrard.
2. What does it say about the cause of the explosion and who got in a bread oven?
3. What does Cox say when Sharpe asks permission to leave the fortress?
4. Why does Sharpe think there is no hope for his company and who saves them?
5. What happens when Sharpe goes to the telegraph station and who is he with?
6. What is Teresa learning and from whom?
7. Why will the Lines of Torres Vedras stop the French?
8. Describe Teresa and Sharpe's conversation while they are in bed?
9. How does Sharpe discover that the French are nearby when Sharpe's company approaches the Coa River?
10. How is Sharpe faring with the wound he receives?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)