|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sharpe feel after talking to Cox?
2. What does Cox agree for Sharpe to do?
(a) Send a telegram to Wellington.
(b) Sneak back to Moreno's village.
(c) Leave with the gold.
(d) Stay there until help arrives.
3. How do they stop Sharpe's wound from bleeding?
(a) They wrap it tightly.
(b) They use spider webs.
(c) It stops on its own.
(d) They cauterize it.
4. What happens as Sharpe's message is being sent?
(a) Cox changes his mind about allowing it to go through.
(b) The sender dies of a heart attack.
(c) The lines are hit.
(d) Nothing; it goes through successfully.
5. What would they have to hold out for in order to not be overrun?
(a) Wellington's army.
(b) The rains.
(c) The snows.
(d) A truce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sharpe's plan after lighting the fuse?
2. What does Lawford reveal?
3. Who are firing on the French?
4. What does Sharpe notice as he leaves his sleeping quarters?
5. What does Sharpe tell Hogan about the explosion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Lines of Torres Vedras.
2. What are some of the problems the British seem to be having?
3. What does Sharpe say to Hogan and what is Hogan's response?
4. What is Teresa learning and from whom?
5. What are the losses and who lives after the explosion?
6. Describe the scene between Cox and Sharpe about the gold and Sharpe's men.
7. What does it say about the cause of the explosion and who got in a bread oven?
8. Describe the interaction between Sharpe and Garrard.
9. Why is Lossow happy?
10. What is written about the historical Almeida?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)