|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the morale of the forces aligned against Napoleon?
(a) Low and feeling as though the war is lost.
(b) Cautiously optimistic.
2. How do the men feel as they are being escorted across the terrain by the Partisans?
(b) Elated that they are about to complete their mission.
(c) Like prisoners.
3. Why wouldn't the Partisans buried a man on Sunday?
(a) Because they would think it was bad luck.
(b) Because of their religious beliefs.
(c) Because Sunday is always reserved for baptisms rather than buriels.
(d) They do bury people on Sundays.
4. What is Knowles' rank?
5. What is Sharpe's quest?
(a) To find gold to help finance the war.
(b) To find his wife he left him.
(c) To discover who is leaking intelligence to the French.
(d) To discover who is killing soliders randomly in their sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is El Catolico marrying?
2. Where does Sharpe his men to go?
3. What does Sharpe do with the Spanish?
4. Who is Cesar Moreno?
5. Where does Kearsey say the gold is hidden?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Kearsey as he is returning to Sharpe's company?
2. Who does not agree with most of the others, but why is that not obvious?
3. Why does Kearsey leave Sharpe's company and what does Sharpe decide to do?
4. What does Sharpe decide to do based upon what Harper tells him?
5. How do Harper and Sharpe capture an enemy lancer, and how does Teresa help them escape from the rest of the lancers?
6. How does Sharpe threaten El Catolico's men?
7. What does Sharpe learn as he takes stock of his company after the fighting and how does Kearsey react to his rescue?
8. Where and who are the Provosts and what is their purpose?
9. What happens when Sharpe begins to dig in the grave?
10. What sort of guide is Kearsey and why do the men find him annoying?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)