|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe do with the Spanish?
(a) Send them to Madrid after Hardy.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Lock them up.
(d) Leave them in the village after receiving their parole.
2. What does Sharpe order Reid to do?
(a) Go with Sharpe.
(b) Kill El Catolico.
(c) Take the wounded to safety.
(d) Guard Teresa.
3. What is the South Essex Regiment of riflemen?
(a) Sharpe's unit.
(b) The unit commanded by the Prince of Orange.
(c) The unit that Sharpe wants to join.
(d) The unit commanded by the Duke of York.
4. How is Kearsey killed?
(a) He is surrounded by a regiment of Polish lancers and stabbed by several of them
(b) He is not killed by rather captured.
(c) He is shot by a French sharpshooter.
(d) He breaks his neck when he falls off his horse.
5. What does Sharpe's men have orders to do to pursuers?
(a) Strip and send back to the village.
(b) Torture for information.
(c) Shoot to kill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pleases Knowles as he arrives at the manure pile?
2. What does El Catolico do to the lancer?
3. How does Teresa distract the Polish lancers?
4. How do the British attempt to stay on good terms with the locals?
5. What does Harper relate to Knowles?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Sharpe's discussion with Wellington.
2. What does Sharpe learn as he takes stock of his company after the fighting and how does Kearsey react to his rescue?
3. Who does not agree with most of the others, but why is that not obvious?
4. Describe the English attack on the French in the village.
5. What does Sharpe find when he follows the woman he later learns is Teresa?
6. What does Sharpe decide to do based upon what Harper tells him?
7. How do Harper and Sharpe capture an enemy lancer, and how does Teresa help them escape from the rest of the lancers?
8. What does Sharpe observe during the fighting between the Spanish and French and for whom does he look?
9. Who is Michael Hogan and what does he tell Sharpe about Sharpe's mission?
10. Describe Sharpe and Moreno's conversation.
This section contains 1,310 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)