|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the fighting between the Spanish peasants and the French?
(a) The French just mow the peasants down.
(c) The peasants don't fight.
(d) They are not fighting.
2. What does Sharpe risk in going back to look for the gold?
(a) That Teresa will be harmed by the Partisans.
(b) The wrath of the French and Spanish.
(c) That El Catolico will persuade Kearsey to deceive him.
(d) That there are still Partisans in the village.
3. Who are Provosts?
(a) They are in the vanguard and responsible for reconnaissance.
(b) They are French spies.
(c) They are the support personnel.
(d) They are responsible for keeping the troops from pillaging the towns.
4. Who are tied to two horses coming out of town?
(a) No one.
(b) Naked French soldiers.
(c) Two women.
(d) Two naked Spanish peasants.
5. What does Kearsey think he is doing?
(a) Giving Sharpe assistance in holding Almeida.
(b) He's not sure.
(c) Helping Sharpe deliver gold to the Spanish.
(d) Helping Sharpe sort through the various factions at the fortress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kearsey halt the group outside Casatejada?
2. What does Sharpe worry about on his men's approach to the village?
3. How is Sharpe's morale?
4. Who guides Sharpe and Harper through the terrain?
5. Where is most of the ammunition stored in Almeida?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does not agree with most of the others, but why is that not obvious?
2. Who is Cox and what does Sharpe learn from him?
3. Why does Kearsey leave Sharpe's company and what does Sharpe decide to do?
4. What does Sharpe observe during the fighting between the Spanish and French and for whom does he look?
5. Why are Sharpe's men angry and sad as they enter the village?
6. What does Harper tell Sharpe as the company is being escorted by the Partisans?
7. What does Sharpe find when he follows the woman he later learns is Teresa?
8. What does Kearsey reiterate about the gold?
9. How do Sharpe and Teresa begin a romance?
10. Why is Harper proud and how much of his discovery is there?
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)