|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe decide to do when he spots the French.
(a) To surrender.
(b) To sneak in and kill their leaders.
(c) To head in another direction.
(d) To go right into the skirmish line.
2. What does Sharpe threaten to cut off?
(a) Part of Teresa's ear.
(b) El Catolico's pony tail.
(c) Kearsey's finger.
(d) Kearsey's ear.
3. Who does Sharpe think is on the roof?
(d) El Catolico.
4. What is the commander of Almeida forced to do?
(a) Surrender to the French.
(b) Turn the gold over to the French.
(c) Blow up the fortress.
5. What seems almost impossible that was accomplished?
(a) Building the hill fortifications.
(b) That no one was killed in the explosion in real life.
(c) That the French were turned back.
(d) An explosion that great.
6. Who rescues Sharpe and his men?
(b) Captain Lossow.
(c) No one.
(d) The Partisans.
7. Where is Sharpe shot?
(a) In the left hand.
(b) In the right leg.
(c) In the groin.
(d) In the left armpit.
8. What does Sharpe notice as he leaves his sleeping quarters?
(a) That the siege has started.
(b) That the Spanish have joined the French.
(c) That the siege has not yet started.
(d) That the French have left in the night.
9. What does Sharpe say is the cause of the scars on his back?
(b) A mountain lion attack.
(c) Torture by the French.
(d) A fall off a cliff.
10. What does Cox agree for Sharpe to do?
(a) Leave with the gold.
(b) Sneak back to Moreno's village.
(c) Stay there until help arrives.
(d) Send a telegram to Wellington.
11. What makes Sharpe believe they have no chance?
(a) He sees that the main French army has joined in the skirmish.
(b) He spies about 200 French lancers.
(c) He spies about 200 Polish lancers.
(d) He sees the heavy calvalry moving in.
12. What will happen if the French troops have to remain near the lines?
(a) They will starve.
(b) They will be picked off one by one.
(c) They will freeze to death.
13. What was the real cause of the explosion?
(a) A careless pipe smoker.
(b) A careless fire.
(c) A French shell.
(d) It is unknown.
14. Where is Cox when Lossow and Sharpe find him?
(a) In his barracks.
(b) In the jakes.
(c) In the telegraph office.
(d) In the cathedral.
15. What were the Partisan's role in real history as far as the explosion at Almeida?
(a) They are assumed to be the cause of the explosion.
(b) It is not mentioned if they had a role.
(c) They helped fight the French before the explosion.
(d) They left Almeida before the explosion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says he will help defend Almeida?
2. Who are ahead of Sharpe at the end of the day?
3. Where does Cox want the gold sent?
4. What is the purpose of the historical notes?
5. What was Richard Sharpe's role in "real" history?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)