|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen if the French troops have to remain near the lines?
(a) They will be picked off one by one.
(b) They will freeze to death.
(c) They will starve.
2. Why do Teresa and Sharpe go upstairs?
(a) Teresa wants to write a letter to her brother.
(b) They want to sleep.
(c) Teresa wants to write a letter to her father.
(d) Teresa wants to get a coat.
3. Who was in charge in "real" life of Almeida?
(a) Brigadier Cox.
(b) Captain Hardy.
(c) Captain Lossow.
(d) Brigadier Sharpe.
4. How much damage is done with the explosion?
(a) An extreme amount.
(c) Just the cathedral is leveled.
(d) A little.
5. What would they have to hold out for in order to not be overrun?
(a) A truce.
(b) The rains.
(c) The snows.
(d) Wellington's army.
6. What was Richard Sharpe's role in "real" history?
(a) He was assigned as an engineer to building the fortifications.
(b) He commanded Wellington's army after Wellinton feel ill.
(c) He was a corporal.
(d) He did not exist.
7. How does Sharpe feel after talking to Cox?
8. What are they debating in the opening to chapter 23?
(a) How to defend Almeida.
(b) How to get out of Almeida to Wellington safely.
(c) Whether to hogtie Cox.
(d) Whether to hang El Catolico.
9. What did the French not expect?
(a) The order for them to withdraw.
(b) The explosion.
(c) Almeida to surrender.
(d) Wellington to arrive in time.
10. Where do they move Sharpe's company?
(a) To Brussels.
(b) No where.
(c) To Germany.
(d) To a safer area.
11. What makes Sharpe believe they have no chance?
(a) He sees the heavy calvalry moving in.
(b) He spies about 200 French lancers.
(c) He sees that the main French army has joined in the skirmish.
(d) He spies about 200 Polish lancers.
12. What do the Lossow and Sharpe plan to do after resting?
(a) Send a messenger to slip through enemy lines.
(b) Cross the river with their men.
(c) Build up fortifications where they are.
(d) They are not sure.
13. What is Sharpe's plan after lighting the fuse?
(a) He's not sure.
(b) Killing El Catolico.
(c) Heading out with Teresa back to the village.
(d) Run for safety underground.
14. Why are Wellington and Hogan looking at a map?
(a) To decide where the French are located.
(b) To figure out where they are.
(c) To figure out where the Partisans are.
(d) To see where Sharpe might be.
15. With what is Massena having problems?
(a) With a surfeit of recruits.
(b) With supplies.
(c) With French spies infiltrating.
(d) With deserters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings a barrel of gunpowder?
2. Who says he will help defend Almeida?
3. What has Sharpe been told about the gold?
4. Who is nearby?
5. What does Sharpe say is the cause of the scars on his back?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)