|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen if the French troops have to remain near the lines?
(a) They will starve.
(b) They will be picked off one by one.
(d) They will freeze to death.
2. Where is Sharpe shot?
(a) In the left armpit.
(b) In the right leg.
(c) In the groin.
(d) In the left hand.
3. Where do they move Sharpe's company?
(a) To Germany.
(b) No where.
(c) To a safer area.
(d) To Brussels.
4. Who says he will help defend Almeida?
(a) El Catolico.
5. What does Teresa notice in Sharpe's pocket?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A letter.
(c) A locket.
(d) A ring.
6. What does Cox agree for Sharpe to do?
(a) Leave with the gold.
(b) Send a telegram to Wellington.
(c) Stay there until help arrives.
(d) Sneak back to Moreno's village.
7. What does Sharpe say he must do?
(a) Send a message to El Catolico.
(b) Rest and recuperate.
(c) Go to Wellington.
(d) Kill Kearsey.
8. Why is Kearsey furious with Sharpe?
(a) For not taking all the gold.
(b) He is not angry.
(c) For contacting the Spanish consul.
(d) For taking the gold.
9. Who does Sharpe say he will slowly dismember?
(b) El Catolico.
10. Why does Sharpe also give Teresa his own rifle?
(a) He does not give her his rifle; he gives her his knife.
(b) Hers was lost in the explosion.
(c) The one she was using belongs to Harper.
(d) The one she was using belongs to Roman.
11. Who is in Lisbon?
12. Why do Teresa and Sharpe go upstairs?
(a) Teresa wants to write a letter to her brother.
(b) They want to sleep.
(c) Teresa wants to write a letter to her father.
(d) Teresa wants to get a coat.
13. What did the French not expect?
(a) Wellington to arrive in time.
(b) The order for them to withdraw.
(c) The explosion.
(d) Almeida to surrender.
14. How much damage is done with the explosion?
(a) A little.
(c) Just the cathedral is leveled.
(d) An extreme amount.
15. What does Lawford reveal?
(a) That Harper has received a field promotion.
(b) That both Sharpe and Harper have received a field promotion.
(c) That reinforcements are on the way.
(d) That Sharpe has received a field promotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe tell Kearsey about who killed Hardy?
2. What makes Sharpe believe they have no chance?
3. What do the Lossow and Sharpe plan to do after resting?
4. Who is nearby?
5. What does Cox say should be done with the gold?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)