|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Massena having problems?
(a) With a surfeit of recruits.
(b) With supplies.
(c) With French spies infiltrating.
(d) With deserters.
2. What ruins can be seen today?
(a) The French fortifications around Almeida.
(b) Nothing is still there today.
(c) The fortifications on the Lines of Torres Vedras.
(d) The cathedral at Almeida.
3. What was the real cause of the explosion?
(a) A careless pipe smoker.
(b) A French shell.
(c) It is unknown.
(d) A careless fire.
4. Who are firing on the French?
(a) The Partisans.
(b) The Portuguese gunners.
(c) Wellington's heavy artillery.
(d) No one.
5. Who does Sharpe think is on the roof?
(c) El Catolico.
6. What will happen if the French troops have to remain near the lines?
(a) They will freeze to death.
(b) They will be picked off one by one.
(c) They will starve.
7. What does Sharpe threaten to cut off?
(a) Kearsey's ear.
(b) Part of Teresa's ear.
(c) Kearsey's finger.
(d) El Catolico's pony tail.
8. Who has been teaching Teresa how to use a saber?
(a) El Catolico.
(d) Sergeant Helmet.
9. What do the Lossow and Sharpe plan to do after resting?
(a) Build up fortifications where they are.
(b) Cross the river with their men.
(c) They are not sure.
(d) Send a messenger to slip through enemy lines.
10. What does Sharpe notice as he leaves his sleeping quarters?
(a) That the siege has started.
(b) That the Spanish have joined the French.
(c) That the French have left in the night.
(d) That the siege has not yet started.
11. What is being built for which they needed the gold so badly?
(a) A new fort near the French border.
(b) The gold is for paying soldiers, not building.
(c) The Lines of Torres Vedras.
(d) Several new frigates.
12. What day did this explosion occur?
(a) June 30.
(b) April 24.
(c) August 27.
(d) August 1.
13. Who is in Lisbon?
14. What was Richard Sharpe's role in "real" history?
(a) He was a corporal.
(b) He commanded Wellington's army after Wellinton feel ill.
(c) He was assigned as an engineer to building the fortifications.
(d) He did not exist.
15. What is on top of the hills?
(a) Spiked trenches.
(b) A 7-foot high stone wall.
(d) Hundreds of guns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe give Teresa?
2. Where is Sharpe shot?
3. Where do Sharpe and Teresa wake up?
4. How much damage is done with the explosion?
5. What year did the real explosion take place?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)