|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe risk in going back to look for the gold?
(a) That Teresa will be harmed by the Partisans.
(b) The wrath of the French and Spanish.
(c) That El Catolico will persuade Kearsey to deceive him.
(d) That there are still Partisans in the village.
2. What does Sharpe worry about on his men's approach to the village?
(a) That there may be French soldiers hiding in the fields or alleyways.
(b) That the men will meet with traps in the high grass.
(c) That Kearsey will be killed when the rebels realize a rescue attempt is happening.
(d) That their weapons will clang.
3. Who is Lieutenant Colonel William Lawford?
(a) Sharpe's commander.
(b) The commander of the Provosts.
(c) The commander of the 9th heavy artillery.
(d) Sharpe's brother-in-law.
4. Who points out the possible danger to Sharpe?
(b) El Catolico.
5. To what does Teresa admit?
(a) That the French have more gold.
(b) That El Catolico killed Hardy.
(c) That there is much more gold in the village.
(d) That El Catolico killed Moreno.
6. Who does Sharpe take as a hostage?
(c) El Catolico.
7. What does Sharpe's apology imply?
(a) That Sharpe realizes he was completely at fault.
(b) That Sharpe realizes his promotion is at stake.
(c) That Ayres is at fault also.
(d) That he was commanded to apologize.
8. What is Sharpe's quest?
(a) To discover who is leaking intelligence to the French.
(b) To discover who is killing soliders randomly in their sleep.
(c) To find gold to help finance the war.
(d) To find his wife he left him.
9. Who is El Catolico marrying?
(a) Cadiz's daugther.
(b) Moreno's daughter.
(c) Sharpe's sister.
(d) Knowles' sister.
10. Who kills the French Colonel?
(b) A beautiful woman who is tied up.
11. How does Kearsey fall off his horse?
(a) He is shot by a French archer.
(b) He is stabbed by a Polish lancer.
(c) He is accidentally shot by the Spanish.
(d) A bird startles the horse.
12. Why wouldn't the Partisans buried a man on Sunday?
(a) Because they would think it was bad luck.
(b) Because Sunday is always reserved for baptisms rather than buriels.
(c) Because of their religious beliefs.
(d) They do bury people on Sundays.
13. Where does Sharpe want to look for the gold?
(a) Under the church's altar.
(b) In a grave.
(c) Under a large statue of a famous Spanish revolutionary.
(d) In El Catolico's wagon.
14. Who reminds the men of their own mortality?
15. Who must approve Sharpe's promotion?
(a) The King.
(b) The Duke of Wellington.
(c) The Prince of Orange.
(d) The Horse Guards in Whitehall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Michael Hogan?
2. Who do they use to find their way through the dark?
3. How is Sharpe's morale?
4. Where does Harper say the gold is?
5. What is Moreno's connection to Casatejada?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)