|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do they use to find their way through the dark?
(b) A dog.
2. Where does Harper say the gold is?
(a) With the fleeing French.
(b) He does not know.
(c) In the manure.
(d) In El Catolico's wagon.
3. Who is Cox?
(a) The head of the Provosts in Peauqot.
(b) The English commander at Brest.
(c) The English commander at Brussels.
(d) The English commander at Almeida.
4. What does Sharpe's apology imply?
(a) That he was commanded to apologize.
(b) That Sharpe realizes his promotion is at stake.
(c) That Sharpe realizes he was completely at fault.
(d) That Ayres is at fault also.
5. What is Sharpe's quest?
(a) To find his wife he left him.
(b) To discover who is killing soliders randomly in their sleep.
(c) To discover who is leaking intelligence to the French.
(d) To find gold to help finance the war.
6. Who wins a sword fighting duel with Sharpe?
(a) It is called a draw.
(c) The Commander forbids them to duel.
(d) El Catolico.
7. Who is Major Kearsey?
(a) Sharpe's contact in Brest.
(b) The head of the Provosts.
(c) Wellington's contact in Brussels.
(d) Sharpe's contact in Almeida.
8. What does Kearsey worry the Spanish will do if they do not receive the gold?
(a) Pull out of the territories they are holding.
(c) Attack British isolated pockets of troops.
(d) Refuse to support the British.
9. What does Sharpe order his company to do after firing once?
(a) Square up.
(d) Drop to the ground.
10. Who does Sharpe take as a hostage?
(a) El Catolico.
11. How do the British attempt to stay on good terms with the locals?
(a) By not looting or doing other criminal acts.
(b) By helping them with the harvest.
(c) By giving them money.
(d) By routing out the French.
12. Who points out the possible danger to Sharpe?
(d) El Catolico.
13. What does Harper relate to Knowles?
(a) That several men are being questioned in the stockade.
(b) That Sharpe is badly wounded from a duel with El Catolico.
(c) That El Catolico plans to ambush the company.
(d) The story of Harper finding the gold.
14. What does Harper say delays him?
(a) Slipping in the manure.
(b) A lone Frenchman.
(c) Spaining his ankle in a hole.
(d) Investigating a scream.
15. To what does Teresa admit?
(a) That the French have more gold.
(b) That El Catolico killed Moreno.
(c) That there is much more gold in the village.
(d) That El Catolico killed Hardy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Robert Knowles and Patrick Harper?
2. How is the fighting between the Spanish peasants and the French?
3. To whom is Sharpe ordered to apologize?
4. What sort of demonstration do Sharpe's men give?
5. What does Sharpe risk in going back to look for the gold?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)