|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharpe admit to Wellington?
(a) Telling Harper he could have leave.
(b) Threatening Ayres with a rifle.
(c) Ordering his men to help with the harvest.
2. Who are Provosts?
(a) They are responsible for keeping the troops from pillaging the towns.
(b) They are the support personnel.
(c) They are in the vanguard and responsible for reconnaissance.
(d) They are French spies.
3. Who appears to be a strong Christian?
4. What does Sharpe risk in going back to look for the gold?
(a) That Teresa will be harmed by the Partisans.
(b) That El Catolico will persuade Kearsey to deceive him.
(c) The wrath of the French and Spanish.
(d) That there are still Partisans in the village.
5. What does Sharpe order his company to do after firing once?
(a) Square up.
(b) Drop to the ground.
6. How is Kearsey performance as a guide?
7. Where is most of the ammunition stored in Almeida?
(a) The cathedral.
(b) A vault in the cemetary.
(c) In several deep caves in the surrounding hills.
(d) The armory.
8. What does Sharpe find as he is digging in the grave?
(a) Most of the treasure.
(b) A few gold coins.
(d) A few gold ingots.
9. What does Sharpe think about El Catolico?
(a) He is not native Spanish.
(b) He is a good ally.
(c) He seems a man of high honor.
(d) He is trouble.
10. What does Lieutenant Ayres do?
(a) Kills one of Sharpe's men.
(b) Shoots at Sharpe from behind a barndoor.
(c) Argues with Sharpe about the war.
(d) Catches one of Sharpe's men with a chicken.
11. Where does Sharpe his men to go?
(b) With him.
(c) Stay in the woods.
12. Who is Ramon?
(a) Harper's best friend besides Sharpe.
(b) A man who knows where the gold is.
(c) Sharpe's quartermaster.
(d) A man who is nailed to the wall.
13. What does Sharpe order Reid to do?
(a) Take the wounded to safety.
(b) Guard Teresa.
(c) Go with Sharpe.
(d) Kill El Catolico.
14. What do Sharpe and the Provosts pretend with each other?
(a) They are both working for the same side.
(c) They are both on the winning side.
(d) They know each other.
15. Who is El Catolico marrying?
(a) Knowles' sister.
(b) Moreno's daughter.
(c) Sharpe's sister.
(d) Cadiz's daugther.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why wouldn't the Partisans buried a man on Sunday?
2. Who saved Lawford's life seven years earlier?
3. What does Sharpe's men have orders to do to pursuers?
4. To what does El Catolico admit?
5. Why does Sharpe follow the beautiful woman they just rescued?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)