|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reminds the men of their own mortality?
2. Where do Harper and Sharpe go to rescue Kearsey?
(a) The cemetary.
(b) The tavern.
(c) The church.
(d) Moreno's old house.
3. Who must approve Sharpe's promotion?
(a) The Duke of Wellington.
(b) The Prince of Orange.
(c) The King.
(d) The Horse Guards in Whitehall.
4. What does Harper relate to Knowles?
(a) That El Catolico plans to ambush the company.
(b) That several men are being questioned in the stockade.
(c) That Sharpe is badly wounded from a duel with El Catolico.
(d) The story of Harper finding the gold.
5. Where does Harper say the gold is?
(a) With the fleeing French.
(b) He does not know.
(c) In El Catolico's wagon.
(d) In the manure.
6. Who are Robert Knowles and Patrick Harper?
(a) Two soldiers who have gone awol.
(b) Two men discussing Sharpe.
(c) Two men who are double agents.
(d) The two best spies in the British army.
7. How do the men feel as they are being escorted across the terrain by the Partisans?
(a) Elated that they are about to complete their mission.
(b) Like prisoners.
8. To what does Teresa admit?
(a) That El Catolico killed Moreno.
(b) That El Catolico killed Hardy.
(c) That there is much more gold in the village.
(d) That the French have more gold.
9. What does Keasey want to tell the Spanish?
(a) That there is a large French force on the way.
(b) That Sharpe plans to give the English the gold.
(c) That Moreno plans to double cross them.
(d) That the British have arrived.
10. What do they discover when they look for the gold?
(a) It is no longer where Kearsey thought it was.
(b) It is iron bars painted to look like gold.
(c) It is far less than Kearsey had indicated.
(d) It is mostly silver.
11. What does Sharpe order his company to do after firing once?
(a) Square up.
(c) Drop to the ground.
12. Who is El Catolico marrying?
(a) Moreno's daughter.
(b) Knowles' sister.
(c) Sharpe's sister.
(d) Cadiz's daugther.
13. Who kills the French Colonel?
(c) A beautiful woman who is tied up.
14. What is the South Essex Regiment of riflemen?
(a) The unit that Sharpe wants to join.
(b) The unit commanded by the Prince of Orange.
(c) Sharpe's unit.
(d) The unit commanded by the Duke of York.
15. Why does Sharpe follow the beautiful woman they just rescued?
(a) He wants to interrogate her.
(b) He thinks he has met her before.
(c) He thinks she must be important to the enemy.
(d) He is afraid she might get hurt in the fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saved Lawford's life seven years earlier?
2. What does El Catolico say he will do to Sharpe's men?
3. What does Sharpe order Reid to do?
4. To whom is Sharpe ordered to apologize?
5. Who are tied to two horses coming out of town?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)