|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What degree does Karen Kingsland have?
2. What indication of Deedra's changed lifestyle does Lily notice when cleaning her apartment?
3. Why does Karen Kingsland die?
4. What was missing from under Mookie's bed as noticed by Lily?
5. What kind of a detective is Jack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Marie, and how is Lily involved?
2. How does Howell react to Lily's presence in his home while it was broken into?
3. What part does Lanette Glass play in the meeting at Golgotha Church?
4. What information does Jack share with Lily about why he is in Shakespeare?
5. Explain the conversation that takes place between Lanette and Lily in the church.
6. Why does Arnita Winthrop summon Lily to her home, and what transpires there?
7. Where does Lily run into the man with the ponytail throughout Chapter Four?
8. What injuries does Claude sustain in the explosion and what steps will be taken to care for him?
9. What thoughts go through Lily's mind as she is cleaning Deedra's apartment in Chapter Seven?
10. What does the reader discover about Lily's past in Chapter Four, and what affect does it have on her relationships with men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Tom David Meicklejohn the worst character of the novel? Does he redeem himself in the end? Defend your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the setting of the novel. What is the significance of the small town with one major industry? How does the setting affect the theme of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
How is the relationship between Lily and Jack unhealthy? What do they both bring to the relationship that needs to be emotionally evaluated before they begin a new relationship?
This section contains 1,132 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)