|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mookie connected to as Lily discovers?
2. What kind of a detective is Jack?
3. What does Lily give Jack for the pain?
4. Who first speaks to Lily after the explosion?
5. What is the first thing that Lily does when she gets home from the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe in detail Lily's thoughts and feelings after the explosion.
2. How does the intimacy between Lily and Jack affect her at the end of Chapter Six?
3. What does Lily do to help Jack while he is in her home?
4. What information does Jack share with Lily about why he is in Shakespeare?
5. What injuries does Claude sustain in the explosion and what steps will be taken to care for him?
6. What happens to Marie, and how is Lily involved?
7. What do Lily and Carrie discuss when Lily goes to the clinic to clean?
8. Why does Arnita Winthrop summon Lily to her home, and what transpires there?
9. What transpires between Bobo and Lily when he comes to the house after she does not show up for karate class?
10. Who did both Jack and Lily recognize as the group of men that shot and chased Jack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In a persuasive piece, argue how the police force let down the town of Shakespeare. What could and should they have done to make Shakespeare a safer place for everyone?
Essay Topic 2
How is Tom David Meicklejohn the worst character of the novel? Does he redeem himself in the end? Defend your answer.
Essay Topic 3
In a serious piece of literature, violence is not used simply for violence sake. What violence does Harris give to the reader, and what are her motives for using this violence?
This section contains 1,156 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)