|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lily lying on right after the explosion happened?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A young, dead girl.
(c) A bleeding woman.
(d) A broken pew.
2. Who is waiting for Jack outside of his apartment?
(a) Darcy and Cleve.
(b) Bobo and Marshall.
(c) Jim and Cleve.
(d) Darcy and Jim.
3. Who shows up at Lily's asking if she was being held hostage?
(a) Jack and Howell Jr.
(b) Darcy and a few guys.
(c) Claude and a few policemen.
(d) Carlton, her neighbor, and a few guys.
4. How does Lily feel about guns?
(a) Though she doesn't own one, she is not bothered by them.
(b) She is spooked by them.
(c) She thinks they should be illegal.
(d) She owns a few.
5. Who does Lily claim is her friend from the black community?
(a) Mookie Preston.
(b) Raphael Roundtree.
(d) Lanette Glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cleve was once arrested for ______________.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of Lily's injuries from the explosion?
3. What does Lily tell Mookie as they walk to the mailbox together?
4. What question doesn't Lily ask Jack after their first night together?
5. Why does Howell believe that Lily met up with the intruders?
Short Essay Questions
1. What terrible event has happened to Lily and Jack in their pasts?
2. What happens to Marie, and how is Lily involved?
3. What does the reader discover about Lily's past in Chapter Four, and what affect does it have on her relationships with men?
4. What does Lily do to help Jack while he is in her home?
5. What do Lily and Carrie discuss when Lily goes to the clinic to clean?
6. Why does Arnita Winthrop summon Lily to her home, and what transpires there?
7. How does Howell react to Lily's presence in his home while it was broken into?
8. Why does Lily tell Darcy and Cleve that she and Jack are seeing each other, and why does this anger Jack?
9. Describe in detail Lily's thoughts and feelings after the explosion.
10. What injuries does Claude sustain in the explosion and what steps will be taken to care for him?
This section contains 1,207 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)