|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Howell believe that Lily met up with the intruders?
(a) She has a bruise on her forehead.
(b) Her answers are not making any sense.
(c) She has bruises on her wrists.
(d) She is very shaky.
2. What indication of Deedra's changed lifestyle does Lily notice when cleaning her apartment?
(a) Her trash has been emptied.
(b) Her clothes are all put away.
(c) Her naughty pictures are gone.
(d) There are no dishes in the sink.
3. How does Lily know that Mookie has been at Winthop's Sporting Goods store a lot?
(a) Jack has seen her there often.
(b) There are many boxes with the logo in her house.
(c) Mookie has many pairs of Reeboks.
(d) There are many plastic bags with the logo in her house.
4. Why does Karen Kingsland die?
(a) Her jealous husband finds out about an affair.
(b) Jack's wife kills her out of jealousy.
(c) She gets caught up in criminal behavior.
(d) She is killed during a robbery.
5. What time is it when the church blows up?
(a) 7:45-in the middle of the meeting.
(b) 8:15-just as the meeting ended.
(c) 8:45-long after the meeting ended.
(d) 7-at the beginning of the meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lily feel about guns?
2. What does Jack leave on Lily's back porch that she must get rid of?
3. How many died in the explosion?
4. What does Lily suggest about Claude's recovery?
5. What does Lily stay up to do after she takes care of Jack's wound?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lily handle the men who come to her door looking for Jack?
2. What terrible event has happened to Lily and Jack in their pasts?
3. Who is Jared Fletcher and what is his tie to Lily?
4. Who has been chasing Jack and why and what have they done to him? Where does Jack run to to take cover after he runs in Chapter Six?
5. What does the reader discover about Lily's past in Chapter Four, and what affect does it have on her relationships with men?
6. What realizations does Lily come to while cleaning Mookie Preston's house?
7. Explain the conversation that takes place between Lanette and Lily in the church.
8. What injuries does Claude sustain in the explosion and what steps will be taken to care for him?
9. What do Lily and Carrie discuss when Lily goes to the clinic to clean?
10. Where does Lily run into the man with the ponytail throughout Chapter Four?
This section contains 1,317 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)