|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the spotter do with the weight bar?
(a) He breaks Del's arm with it.
(b) He lets it fall onto Del's heart.
(c) He drops it on the floor.
(d) He lets it fall onto Del's throat.
2. The flyer that is being distributed all over town is about ___________.
(a) A meeting for white people.
(b) How the white male needs to take back their own.
(c) How white people need to lynch black people.
(d) How black people need to stand up for themselves.
3. How does the spotter describe himself?
(a) As loyal and strong.
(b) Harsh and cruel.
(c) As a criminal.
(d) As a victim.
4. On the phone, what words did Lily use to tell Marshall that Del was dead?
(a) "Del Pakard is here, and he got smoked."
(b) "Del Pakard is here, and he got murdered."
(c) "Del Pakard is here, and he got smothered."
(d) "Del Pakard is here, and he got squashed."
5. What does Lily hope that Schuster can do now that Darnell's investigation is in his hands?
(a) Make the black people less afraid.
(b) Stop the storm rising in Shakepeare.
(c) Solve the case.
(d) Hire more black officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man wearing that comes to the house with Howell?
2. What does Howell want to know from Lily while she is cleaning his house?
3. What is Jerrell's and Deedra's conversation about as Lily enters her apartment to clean?
4. Who does Lily see on her walk on that chilly night?
5. Why does Janet believe that the spotter had to be a man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has been chasing Jack and why and what have they done to him? Where does Jack run to to take cover after he runs in Chapter Six?
2. What terrible event has happened to Lily and Jack in their pasts?
3. What transpires between Jerrell and Deedra in Chapter Two, and how does Lily feel about it?
4. As the novel opens, what is Del doing and where is he?
5. Who is the narrator of the story, and what type of person is she?
6. Why does Howell Jr. decide to take care of all of Lily's medical bills for the next few years?
7. Where do Claude and Lily go after her karate class, and what does Claude tell Lily?
8. What realizations does Lily come to while cleaning Mookie Preston's house?
9. How does Howell react to Lily's presence in his home while it was broken into?
10. Why is Bobo at the warehouse when the men are torturing Jack, and what does he do there?
This section contains 1,201 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)