|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Beanie Winthrop most likely to be found during the day?
(a) Dining with friends.
(b) Playing golf.
(c) Playing tennis or doing volunteer work.
(d) At the country club bar.
2. Who sends Lily the flowers?
3. In Lily's eyes, why is Lindy not a suspect for the murder of Del?
(a) She fears the germs in the gym.
(b) She is not strong enough to lift the weight that was on the bar.
(c) She loves Del too much.
(d) She is too sweet natured.
4. How long had Del been working out before the spotter arrived?
(a) A half an hour.
(b) Two hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Three hours.
5. What does Darcy want from Lily when she meets up with him at the gym?
(a) He wants to tell her to mind her own business about Del.
(b) He wants to date her.
(c) He wants to ask questions about Del.
(d) He wants to lift weights with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lily get the job to clean the public areas of the apartment complex that Claude lives in?
2. What does Lily value in her life more than anything?
3. How does Del describe himself?
4. Why is Lily angry when she goes to bed after her date with Claude in Montrose?
5. What kind of neighborhood was Mookie's house in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Claude and Lily?
2. Why are the three murders that have taken place recently in Shakespeare suspicious to Lily?
3. Who is the new woman in town? What is she doing there? How do others react to her at the gym?
4. What does Deedra ask Lily to do? Why does Lily refuse?
5. What occurs with the spotter's gloves in the Prologue?
6. What point of view is the Prologue written in, and what information does this lend to the reader?
7. How does Del feel about this year's competition?
8. What does the spotter do to Del?
9. What does Del say about Lily Bard and the competition?
10. Where and when throughout Chapter Two does Lily see the guy who was with Darcy in the gym right after Del's murder?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)