|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lily think about as she looks up at Claude's dark window on the night she walks late?
(a) Will she ever see him again?
(b) Will he solve the Darnell case?
(c) Can she ever love him?
(d) Will she give him another chance?
2. How long have Lily and Marshall been dating?
3. Where does every Winthrop attend college?
(a) University of Tennessee.
(b) University of Alabama.
(c) University of Arkansas.
(d) University of Utah.
4. What is Mookie's occupation?
5. How much can Lily lift in weights?
(a) 90 pounds.
(b) 45 pounds.
(c) 110-120 pounds.
(d) 60 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Lily's eyes, why is Lindy not a suspect for the murder of Del?
2. What does Lily educate Claude about concerning Del while they eat lunch together?
3. What does the spotter wonder as he drives home from the gym?
4. What kind of neighborhood was Mookie's house in?
5. At the beginning of Chapter Two, why is Lily missing Claude?
Short Essay Questions
1. What discoveries does the reader make about Lily in the opening of Chapter Two days after she had turned Claude down.
2. What is the relationship between Claude and Lily?
3. What point of view is the Prologue written in, and what information does this lend to the reader?
4. What has Howell and company brought home that Lily sees him bring into the house? What does he leave behind that annoys Lily? What might these two things mean?
5. Who is the man that Deedra is having an affair with, and what does Lily think that he is thinking?
6. Where is Claude when Lily arrives home from work at the end of her day, and what do they discover together?
7. Where and when throughout Chapter Two does Lily see the guy who was with Darcy in the gym right after Del's murder?
8. How does Del feel about this year's competition?
9. What does the reader learn about Shakespeare from Raphael Roundtree?
10. Who is the narrator of the story, and what type of person is she?
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)