|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Claude very curious about the murder scene?
(a) How come the door was unlocked?
(b) How did Del manage to drop the bar when it carried less weight than he could handle?
(c) How come Del didn't manage to push the bar off of himself?
(d) How did Del turn the lights out after he died?
2. How much can Lily lift in weights?
(a) 90 pounds.
(b) 60 pounds.
(c) 110-120 pounds.
(d) 45 pounds.
3. What does the reader learn about Lily's past while she talks to Marshall about murder in Chapter One?
(a) She has helped the police before.
(b) She has killed before.
(c) She has examinded dead bodies before.
(d) She has investigated murders before.
4. What kinds of clothes hang in Lily's closet?
(b) Jeans and T-shirts.
(c) Slacks and blouses.
5. At the beginning of the book, how long is it before the competition?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) One day.
(d) Two months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Mookie and Lily surprised about each other?
2. How tall is Del?
3. How is Darnell killed?
4. What is the spotter worried about before he leaves the gym?
5. What does Lily hope that Schuster can do now that Darnell's investigation is in his hands?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Del say about Lily Bard and the competition?
2. What discoveries does the reader make about Lily in the opening of Chapter Two days after she had turned Claude down.
3. What does the spotter do to Del?
4. What transpires between Jerrell and Deedra in Chapter Two, and how does Lily feel about it?
5. Who is Lily's new client? What is her occupation? What does Lily think of her on their first meeting?
6. What is Bobo's connection to the town of Shakespeare?
7. Describe The Fight in detail.
8. As the novel opens, what is Del doing and where is he?
9. Where do Claude and Lily go after her karate class, and what does Claude tell Lily?
10. Who is the man that Deedra is having an affair with, and what does Lily think that he is thinking?
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)