|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Claude very curious about the murder scene?
(a) How did Del turn the lights out after he died?
(b) How come Del didn't manage to push the bar off of himself?
(c) How did Del manage to drop the bar when it carried less weight than he could handle?
(d) How come the door was unlocked?
2. How does the spotter describe himself?
(a) As loyal and strong.
(b) Harsh and cruel.
(c) As a victim.
(d) As a criminal.
3. Who gave Del the key to get into the gym after hours?
(a) The spotter.
(b) The receptionist.
(c) The owner.
(d) The trainer.
4. What advice did Mr. Winthrop give Del shortly before his death?
(a) Not to speak to anyone about some situation.
(b) Listen to the spotter.
(c) Speak out about the situation.
(d) Work out harder.
5. Of what nationality is Marshall one-quarter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Janet believe that the spotter had to be a man?
2. At the beginning of Chapter Two, why is Lily missing Claude?
3. What is Mookie's occupation?
4. What month is it in the Prologue?
5. Why doesn't Lily Bard compete?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Lily's new client? What is her occupation? What does Lily think of her on their first meeting?
2. Who is the new woman in town? What is she doing there? How do others react to her at the gym?
3. Who is the man that Deedra is having an affair with, and what does Lily think that he is thinking?
4. What is the relationship between Marshall and Lily?
5. What kind of a physical character is Del Packard?
6. What does the spotter do to Del?
7. What are Lily's thoughts concerning the death of Del from the moment she finds him? How do her thoughts change as the chapter progresses?
8. What point of view is the Prologue written in, and what information does this lend to the reader?
9. As the novel opens, what is Del doing and where is he?
10. What does the reader learn about Shakespeare from Raphael Roundtree?
This section contains 1,141 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)