|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lily learn about herself in regard to the Winthrops as she leaves their house after meeting the strange man with Howell?
(a) She is afraid of them.
(b) She does not like them.
(c) She feels no loyalty to them.
(d) She feels a certain loyalty to them.
2. How does the spotter describe himself?
(a) As loyal and strong.
(b) Harsh and cruel.
(c) As a criminal.
(d) As a victim.
3. Why is Lily angry when she goes to bed after her date with Claude in Montrose?
(a) He tells her that she was being sued.
(b) He makes her retell the story of The Fight.
(c) He does not believe her when she said his cops were useless at The Fight.
(d) He does not want to be friends with her.
4. How old is Bobo?
5. What has Claude very curious about the murder scene?
(a) How did Del turn the lights out after he died?
(b) How come Del didn't manage to push the bar off of himself?
(c) How did Del manage to drop the bar when it carried less weight than he could handle?
(d) How come the door was unlocked?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marshall need Lily to do on the first day that the reader meets her?
2. Of what nationality is Marshall one-quarter?
3. What does Lily value in her life more than anything?
4. What is Claude doing in his car while he was waiting for Lily to come home at the beginning of Chapter Three?
5. How long have Lily and Marshall been dating?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Deedra ask Lily to do? Why does Lily refuse?
2. Describe The Fight in detail.
3. How does Bobo react when Lily comes to karate class on the night that Raphael has returned?
4. Who is the narrator of the story, and what type of person is she?
5. As the novel opens, what is Del doing and where is he?
6. What is the spotter's thought process before leaving the gym after killing Del?
7. What has Howell and company brought home that Lily sees him bring into the house? What does he leave behind that annoys Lily? What might these two things mean?
8. Who is the new woman in town? What is she doing there? How do others react to her at the gym?
9. What is Bobo's connection to the town of Shakespeare?
10. What questions does Howell ask Lily before he leaves his house, and how do the questions make Lily feel?
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)