|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the reader learn about Lily's past while she talks to Marshall about murder in Chapter One?
(a) She has examinded dead bodies before.
(b) She has investigated murders before.
(c) She has killed before.
(d) She has helped the police before.
2. What is the man wearing that comes to the house with Howell?
(a) Winthrop Sporting Goods employee clothes.
(b) All black.
(c) A ski mask.
(d) A dark suit.
3. What is Todd Picard doing at Burger Tycoon the night of The Fight?
(a) He is patrolling.
(b) Buying food for his family.
(c) Having dinner with friends.
(d) Following Darnell in the squad car.
4. After hitting his car, what does Hodding do to make Darnell hit him?
(a) He jibes about Darnell's mother.
(b) He tries to leave the scene of the accident.
(c) He makes fun of hitting the car.
(d) He pushes Darnell's girlfriend.
5. What kinds of clothes hang in Lily's closet?
(a) Jeans and T-shirts.
(b) Slacks and blouses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many contestants are there from Shakespeare?
2. What does Howell want to know from Lily while she is cleaning his house?
3. What does Darcy want from Lily when she meets up with him at the gym?
4. How did Del fare at the competition the year before?
5. How much can Lily lift in weights?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the three murders that have taken place recently in Shakespeare suspicious to Lily?
2. What does the reader learn about Shakespeare from Raphael Roundtree?
3. Where and when throughout Chapter Two does Lily see the guy who was with Darcy in the gym right after Del's murder?
4. How and by whom is Del's body discovered?
5. How does Bobo react when Lily comes to karate class on the night that Raphael has returned?
6. Who is the man that Deedra is having an affair with, and what does Lily think that he is thinking?
7. Who is Darcy Orchard and how does he treat Lily?
8. Where is Claude when Lily arrives home from work at the end of her day, and what do they discover together?
9. As the novel opens, what is Del doing and where is he?
10. What transpires between Jerrell and Deedra in Chapter Two, and how does Lily feel about it?
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)