|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much can Lily lift in weights?
(a) 45 pounds.
(b) 110-120 pounds.
(c) 90 pounds.
(d) 60 pounds.
2. What is the spotter worried about before he leaves the gym?
(a) What to do with Del.
(b) What to do with the lights.
(c) What to do with the weights.
(d) What to do with the key.
3. What does Del think of Lily Bard as he prepares for the competition?
(a) She is pretty.
(b) She would win if she would compete.
(c) She is weird.
(d) She is a coward.
4. What does Lily educate Claude about concerning Del while they eat lunch together?
(a) Del's character.
(b) Del's acquaintances at the gym.
(c) How body building competition works.
(d) Del's routine at the gym.
5. The flyer that is being distributed all over town is about ___________.
(a) How the white male needs to take back their own.
(b) A meeting for white people.
(c) How white people need to lynch black people.
(d) How black people need to stand up for themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the gym where the competition will take place?
2. Why does Janet believe that the spotter had to be a man?
3. Where does the spotter put the gloves after the deed is over?
4. What was Bobo doing at the gym on the morning after the murder?
5. In Lily's eyes, why is Lindy not a suspect for the murder of Del?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the man that Deedra is having an affair with, and what does Lily think that he is thinking?
2. What discoveries does the reader make about Lily in the opening of Chapter Two days after she had turned Claude down.
3. What is Bobo's connection to the town of Shakespeare?
4. What has Howell and company brought home that Lily sees him bring into the house? What does he leave behind that annoys Lily? What might these two things mean?
5. How does Bobo react when Lily comes to karate class on the night that Raphael has returned?
6. What questions does Howell ask Lily before he leaves his house, and how do the questions make Lily feel?
7. What occurs with the spotter's gloves in the Prologue?
8. As the novel opens, what is Del doing and where is he?
9. What kind of a physical character is Del Packard?
10. What point of view is the Prologue written in, and what information does this lend to the reader?
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)