|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Janet want to know if Marshall and Lily are "a locked in thing"?
(a) Janet is interested in Marshall.
(b) Janet's friend wants to date Marshall.
(c) Janet writes a love column for the town newspaper.
(d) Janet is nosey.
2. What was Bobo doing at the gym on the morning after the murder?
(a) Bobo was looking for his gloves.
(b) Bobo wanted to workout alone.
(c) Bobo was looking for Dell.
(d) Bobo was opening the gym for Marshall.
3. Why does Lily park her car in the street at the Winthrop's house?
(a) She wants to be able to make a quick getaway.
(b) The garage is too small.
(c) They have asked her not to park in the garage.
(d) Her car leaks oil.
4. What is Jerrell's and Deedra's conversation about as Lily enters her apartment to clean?
(a) Jerrell is angry with Deedra for leaving home.
(b) Jerrell is angry with Deedra for not giving him money.
(c) Jerrell is angry with Deedra for sleeping with a black man.
(d) Jerrell is angry with Deedra for moving in with her boyfriend.
5. What advice did Mr. Winthrop give Del shortly before his death?
(a) Work out harder.
(b) Listen to the spotter.
(c) Speak out about the situation.
(d) Not to speak to anyone about some situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. The flyer that is being distributed all over town is about ___________.
2. How did Lily make the final determination that Del was dead?
3. What does Darcy want from Lily when she meets up with him at the gym?
4. Which of the choices listed, is NOT how Lily described Del to Claude?
5. What kinds of clothes hang in Lily's closet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the new woman in town? What is she doing there? How do others react to her at the gym?
2. What transpires between Jerrell and Deedra in Chapter Two, and how does Lily feel about it?
3. Where is Claude when Lily arrives home from work at the end of her day, and what do they discover together?
4. What does the reader learn about Shakespeare from Raphael Roundtree?
5. Who is Darcy Orchard and how does he treat Lily?
6. As the novel opens, what is Del doing and where is he?
7. What does Del say about Lily Bard and the competition?
8. Describe The Fight in detail.
9. What kind of a physical character is Del Packard?
10. Why are the three murders that have taken place recently in Shakespeare suspicious to Lily?
This section contains 1,187 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)