|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the spotter do with the weight bar?
(a) He lets it fall onto Del's heart.
(b) He breaks Del's arm with it.
(c) He lets it fall onto Del's throat.
(d) He drops it on the floor.
2. What is Todd Picard doing at Burger Tycoon the night of The Fight?
(a) Following Darnell in the squad car.
(b) Having dinner with friends.
(c) Buying food for his family.
(d) He is patrolling.
3. Who jumps into The Fight with Lily?
(a) A marine.
4. Where do Claude and Lily go after dinner in Montrose?
(a) To a hotel.
(b) To Shakespeare.
(c) To a movie.
(d) To the bookstore.
5. What has Claude very curious about the murder scene?
(a) How did Del manage to drop the bar when it carried less weight than he could handle?
(b) How did Del turn the lights out after he died?
(c) How come Del didn't manage to push the bar off of himself?
(d) How come the door was unlocked?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily learn about herself in regard to the Winthrops as she leaves their house after meeting the strange man with Howell?
2. At the beginning of Chapter Two, why is Lily missing Claude?
3. What is Mookie's occupation?
4. After hitting his car, what does Hodding do to make Darnell hit him?
5. Who sends Lily the flowers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Claude and Lily go after her karate class, and what does Claude tell Lily?
2. Who is the man that Deedra is having an affair with, and what does Lily think that he is thinking?
3. As the novel opens, what is Del doing and where is he?
4. What has Howell and company brought home that Lily sees him bring into the house? What does he leave behind that annoys Lily? What might these two things mean?
5. What is the spotter's thought process before leaving the gym after killing Del?
6. What does the reader learn about Shakespeare from Raphael Roundtree?
7. How and by whom is Del's body discovered?
8. Who is Darcy Orchard and how does he treat Lily?
9. What does Del say about Lily Bard and the competition?
10. What occurs with the spotter's gloves in the Prologue?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)