|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After hitting his car, what does Hodding do to make Darnell hit him?
(a) He makes fun of hitting the car.
(b) He jibes about Darnell's mother.
(c) He pushes Darnell's girlfriend.
(d) He tries to leave the scene of the accident.
2. How does Deedra react to Jerrell's accusations?
(a) She cries.
(b) She threatens him.
(c) She denies them.
(d) She slaps him.
3. What kind of a car does the spotter drive?
(a) An SUV.
(b) A sports car.
(c) A pickup.
(d) A sedan.
4. What is Todd Picard's role at The Fight according to him?
(a) He keeps the crowd back.
(b) He jumps in to stop it.
(c) He calls for back-up.
(d) He watches afraid he wouldn't be identified as an off duty cop.
5. How much weight was on the bar when Del was killed?
(a) 190 pounds.
(b) 180 pounds.
(c) 210 pounds.
(d) 200 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Janet believe that the spotter had to be a man?
2. Who jumps into The Fight with Lily?
3. Of what nationality is Marshall one-quarter?
4. What is Lily's relationship with Claude?
5. What is Claude doing in his car while he was waiting for Lily to come home at the beginning of Chapter Three?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Marie, and how is Lily involved?
2. What does the spotter do to Del?
3. How does Lily attempt to stop Darcy and what happens to him in the end?
4. Why has Lily chosen Shakespeare as her home?
5. Who is the man that Deedra is having an affair with, and what does Lily think that he is thinking?
6. What terrible event has happened to Lily and Jack in their pasts?
7. What does Lily discover about the ring that Arnita gave her?
8. Who is the new woman in town? What is she doing there? How do others react to her at the gym?
9. What discoveries does the reader make about Lily in the opening of Chapter Two days after she had turned Claude down.
10. Who did both Jack and Lily recognize as the group of men that shot and chased Jack?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)