|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the last time that the spotter and Del had spoken before the spotter joins him the evening Del dies?
(a) The same afternoon.
(b) The week before.
(d) The night before.
2. After hitting his car, what does Hodding do to make Darnell hit him?
(a) He pushes Darnell's girlfriend.
(b) He tries to leave the scene of the accident.
(c) He makes fun of hitting the car.
(d) He jibes about Darnell's mother.
3. How does Deedra react to Jerrell's accusations?
(a) She threatens him.
(b) She denies them.
(c) She cries.
(d) She slaps him.
4. What hides the spotter's car in the parking lot?
(a) Light poles.
(c) Trash bins.
(d) Wax myrtles.
5. Why does Janet believe that the spotter had to be a man?
(a) Del thought women were weak.
(b) Women could not lift the weight.
(c) Del only trusted men.
(d) Lindy would not allow Del to have a female spotter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Claude doing in his car while he was waiting for Lily to come home at the beginning of Chapter Three?
2. How much weight was on the bar when Del was killed?
3. Where does every Winthrop attend college?
4. What does Howell want to know from Lily while she is cleaning his house?
5. What has Claude very curious about the murder scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the narrator of the story, and what type of person is she?
2. What is the relationship between Claude and Lily?
3. What is the spotter's thought process before leaving the gym after killing Del?
4. Who is Darcy Orchard and how does he treat Lily?
5. Why are the three murders that have taken place recently in Shakespeare suspicious to Lily?
6. How and by whom is Del's body discovered?
7. Where is Claude when Lily arrives home from work at the end of her day, and what do they discover together?
8. What does Deedra ask Lily to do? Why does Lily refuse?
9. Who is the new woman in town? What is she doing there? How do others react to her at the gym?
10. What are Lily's thoughts concerning the death of Del from the moment she finds him? How do her thoughts change as the chapter progresses?
This section contains 1,246 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)