|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lily jump into The Fight?
(a) Lily is prejudice.
(b) Too many were beating on one.
(c) Lily loves a good fight.
(d) No one else would.
2. Where was Beanie Winthrop most likely to be found during the day?
(a) Playing golf.
(b) Playing tennis or doing volunteer work.
(c) Dining with friends.
(d) At the country club bar.
3. How long have Lily and Marshall been dating?
4. Why is Lily angry when she goes to bed after her date with Claude in Montrose?
(a) He tells her that she was being sued.
(b) He does not want to be friends with her.
(c) He makes her retell the story of The Fight.
(d) He does not believe her when she said his cops were useless at The Fight.
5. What is Jerrell's and Deedra's conversation about as Lily enters her apartment to clean?
(a) Jerrell is angry with Deedra for sleeping with a black man.
(b) Jerrell is angry with Deedra for not giving him money.
(c) Jerrell is angry with Deedra for moving in with her boyfriend.
(d) Jerrell is angry with Deedra for leaving home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Bobo doing at the gym on the morning after the murder?
2. How is Darnell killed?
3. How many more pounds does he ask the spotter to add to the bar?
4. Where do Claude and Lily go after dinner in Montrose?
5. What point is made about the spotter's gloves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Lily's thoughts concerning the death of Del from the moment she finds him? How do her thoughts change as the chapter progresses?
2. What transpires between Jerrell and Deedra in Chapter Two, and how does Lily feel about it?
3. Who is the man that Deedra is having an affair with, and what does Lily think that he is thinking?
4. Why are the three murders that have taken place recently in Shakespeare suspicious to Lily?
5. What questions does Howell ask Lily before he leaves his house, and how do the questions make Lily feel?
6. What is the relationship between Marshall and Lily?
7. Where and when throughout Chapter Two does Lily see the guy who was with Darcy in the gym right after Del's murder?
8. Where do Claude and Lily go after her karate class, and what does Claude tell Lily?
9. Who is Lily's new client? What is her occupation? What does Lily think of her on their first meeting?
10. Who is Darcy Orchard and how does he treat Lily?
This section contains 1,302 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)