|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After hitting his car, what does Hodding do to make Darnell hit him?
(a) He jibes about Darnell's mother.
(b) He makes fun of hitting the car.
(c) He pushes Darnell's girlfriend.
(d) He tries to leave the scene of the accident.
2. What is Mookie's occupation?
3. What is the name of the gym where the competition will take place?
(a) Body Time.
(b) Marvel Gym.
(c) Body Fitness.
(d) Gold's Gym.
4. Why were Mookie and Lily surprised about each other?
(a) They each thought they would be younger.
(b) They each thought they would be older.
(c) They each thought they would be black.
(d) They each thought they would be another race.
5. What does Lily wonder about Howell and his friend after they enter Howell's house?
(a) What are they hiding?
(b) What crime did they commit?
(c) Are they gay?
(d) Are they planning something sinister?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lily park her car in the street at the Winthrop's house?
2. Of what nationality is Marshall one-quarter?
3. What does Lily hope that Schuster can do now that Darnell's investigation is in his hands?
4. What do Howell and the other man carry into his house while Lily is there cleaning?
5. How long have Lily and Marshall been dating?
Short Essay Questions
1. What discoveries does the reader make about Lily in the opening of Chapter Two days after she had turned Claude down.
2. What transpires between Jerrell and Deedra in Chapter Two, and how does Lily feel about it?
3. Who is the new woman in town? What is she doing there? How do others react to her at the gym?
4. What does Deedra ask Lily to do? Why does Lily refuse?
5. What does Del say about Lily Bard and the competition?
6. What are Lily's thoughts concerning the death of Del from the moment she finds him? How do her thoughts change as the chapter progresses?
7. What is the spotter's thought process before leaving the gym after killing Del?
8. Who is the narrator of the story, and what type of person is she?
9. Where and when throughout Chapter Two does Lily see the guy who was with Darcy in the gym right after Del's murder?
10. How does Bobo react when Lily comes to karate class on the night that Raphael has returned?
This section contains 1,140 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)