|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lily hope that Schuster can do now that Darnell's investigation is in his hands?
(a) Stop the storm rising in Shakepeare.
(b) Hire more black officers.
(c) Solve the case.
(d) Make the black people less afraid.
2. What does Del think of Lily Bard as he prepares for the competition?
(a) She would win if she would compete.
(b) She is pretty.
(c) She is a coward.
(d) She is weird.
3. What does Darcy want from Lily when she meets up with him at the gym?
(a) He wants to ask questions about Del.
(b) He wants to tell her to mind her own business about Del.
(c) He wants to date her.
(d) He wants to lift weights with her.
4. What does Lily tell Claude to do as she leaves for karate class?
(a) Come to the gym to watch her.
(b) Stay at her home and watch the game.
(c) Investigate the flyers.
(d) Meet her later for coffee.
5. Where do Howell and the other man go in the house while Lily is cleaning?
(a) To the study.
(b) To the kitchen.
(c) To the master bedroom.
(d) To the basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does every Winthrop attend college?
2. What does Lily learn about herself in regard to the Winthrops as she leaves their house after meeting the strange man with Howell?
3. What is the name of the gym where the competition will take place?
4. What does Raphael tell Lily is bothering him when she meets him in the gym?
5. Why does Lily jump into The Fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader learn about Shakespeare from Raphael Roundtree?
2. What questions does Howell ask Lily before he leaves his house, and how do the questions make Lily feel?
3. Who is the man that Deedra is having an affair with, and what does Lily think that he is thinking?
4. Where do Claude and Lily go after her karate class, and what does Claude tell Lily?
5. As the novel opens, what is Del doing and where is he?
6. How and by whom is Del's body discovered?
7. Who is Darcy Orchard and how does he treat Lily?
8. Describe The Fight in detail.
9. What does Del say about Lily Bard and the competition?
10. What does the spotter do to Del?
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)