|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lily hope that Schuster can do now that Darnell's investigation is in his hands?
(a) Hire more black officers.
(b) Make the black people less afraid.
(c) Solve the case.
(d) Stop the storm rising in Shakepeare.
2. What does Raphael tell Lily is bothering him when she meets him in the gym?
(a) The murder is creeping him out.
(b) The gym is haunted.
(c) The spotter is the murderer.
(d) The gym is not friendly to black people.
3. Where was Beanie Winthrop most likely to be found during the day?
(a) Playing golf.
(b) Playing tennis or doing volunteer work.
(c) Dining with friends.
(d) At the country club bar.
4. What does Howell want to know from Lily while she is cleaning his house?
(a) If she overheard his conversation with his friend.
(b) About the death of Del.
(c) If she knows if Bobo was involved with the murder.
(d) If she saw what they brought into the house.
5. What kind of neighborhood was Mookie's house in?
(a) Small homes with lawns filled with children's toys.
(b) Middle class houses with picket fences.
(c) Small white houses with neatly raked lawns.
(d) Large homes with long driveways.
Short Answer Questions
1. What needs to be done to Deedra's car?
2. What advice did Mr. Winthrop give Del shortly before his death?
3. What does Darcy want from Lily when she meets up with him at the gym?
4. Why doesn't Lily Bard compete?
5. How does Del describe himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bobo's connection to the town of Shakespeare?
2. Who is the narrator of the story, and what type of person is she?
3. How does Bobo react when Lily comes to karate class on the night that Raphael has returned?
4. What kind of a physical character is Del Packard?
5. What does Del say about Lily Bard and the competition?
6. As the novel opens, what is Del doing and where is he?
7. What is the spotter's thought process before leaving the gym after killing Del?
8. Describe The Fight in detail.
9. Why are the three murders that have taken place recently in Shakespeare suspicious to Lily?
10. What does the spotter do to Del?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)