|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Howell want to know from Lily while she is cleaning his house?
(a) If she knows if Bobo was involved with the murder.
(b) If she saw what they brought into the house.
(c) About the death of Del.
(d) If she overheard his conversation with his friend.
2. What does Bobo do to Lily when he sees her again at karate class?
(a) He gives her a karate chop.
(b) He walks her over to the bench where they found Del.
(c) He throws her to the floor in a karate move.
(d) He lifts her up by her waist.
3. Why does Janet believe that the spotter had to be a man?
(a) Lindy would not allow Del to have a female spotter.
(b) Del thought women were weak.
(c) Women could not lift the weight.
(d) Del only trusted men.
4. What does the spotter wonder as he drives home from the gym?
(a) If he will be caught.
(b) If Lindy will date him now.
(c) If Del will survive.
(d) If the police will find the gloves.
5. What does Lily reserve Wednesdays for in her job?
(a) Changing linens.
(c) Cleaning her own apartment.
(d) Unusual jobs like mowing lawns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is it in the Prologue?
2. How tall is Del?
3. What was Bobo doing at the gym on the morning after the murder?
4. When was the last time that the spotter and Del had spoken before the spotter joins him the evening Del dies?
5. What hides the spotter's car in the parking lot?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bobo react when Lily comes to karate class on the night that Raphael has returned?
2. Where and when throughout Chapter Two does Lily see the guy who was with Darcy in the gym right after Del's murder?
3. Who is Darcy Orchard and how does he treat Lily?
4. What is Bobo's connection to the town of Shakespeare?
5. What does the reader learn about Shakespeare from Raphael Roundtree?
6. What questions does Howell ask Lily before he leaves his house, and how do the questions make Lily feel?
7. As the novel opens, what is Del doing and where is he?
8. Where do Claude and Lily go after her karate class, and what does Claude tell Lily?
9. What is the relationship between Marshall and Lily?
10. Who is the narrator of the story, and what type of person is she?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)