|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of neighborhood was Mookie's house in?
(a) Small homes with lawns filled with children's toys.
(b) Middle class houses with picket fences.
(c) Small white houses with neatly raked lawns.
(d) Large homes with long driveways.
2. Why is Lily angry when she goes to bed after her date with Claude in Montrose?
(a) He makes her retell the story of The Fight.
(b) He does not want to be friends with her.
(c) He does not believe her when she said his cops were useless at The Fight.
(d) He tells her that she was being sued.
3. What does Lily tell Claude to do as she leaves for karate class?
(a) Stay at her home and watch the game.
(b) Come to the gym to watch her.
(c) Investigate the flyers.
(d) Meet her later for coffee.
4. What has Claude very curious about the murder scene?
(a) How come the door was unlocked?
(b) How did Del turn the lights out after he died?
(c) How come Del didn't manage to push the bar off of himself?
(d) How did Del manage to drop the bar when it carried less weight than he could handle?
5. How long had Del been working out before the spotter arrived?
(a) Three hours.
(b) A half an hour.
(c) One hour.
(d) Two hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily wonder about Howell and his friend after they enter Howell's house?
2. What do Howell and the other man carry into his house while Lily is there cleaning?
3. At the beginning of the book, how long is it before the competition?
4. What is Todd Picard's role at The Fight according to him?
5. What kind of a car does the spotter drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of a physical character is Del Packard?
2. How does Del feel about this year's competition?
3. Who is the new woman in town? What is she doing there? How do others react to her at the gym?
4. What discoveries does the reader make about Lily in the opening of Chapter Two days after she had turned Claude down.
5. How and by whom is Del's body discovered?
6. What transpires between Jerrell and Deedra in Chapter Two, and how does Lily feel about it?
7. Describe The Fight in detail.
8. How does Bobo react when Lily comes to karate class on the night that Raphael has returned?
9. What point of view is the Prologue written in, and what information does this lend to the reader?
10. What is the relationship between Marshall and Lily?
This section contains 1,236 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)