|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lily jump into The Fight?
(a) Lily is prejudice.
(b) Too many were beating on one.
(c) No one else would.
(d) Lily loves a good fight.
2. Who gave Del the key to get into the gym after hours?
(a) The trainer.
(b) The owner.
(c) The spotter.
(d) The receptionist.
3. What extreme trick has Del done to help him in the competition?
(a) He has removed every piece of body hair.
(b) He has dehydrated himself.
(c) He has had light weight body suits made for him.
(d) He has eaten only baked potatoes.
4. The flyer that is being distributed all over town is about ___________.
(a) How white people need to lynch black people.
(b) How black people need to stand up for themselves.
(c) A meeting for white people.
(d) How the white male needs to take back their own.
5. Who does Lily see on her walk on that chilly night?
(a) The investigative officer who had come to the scene of the crime.
(b) A stranger she had never seen in Shakespeare before.
(c) The guy who was working out with Darcy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feature does the man who came home with Howell have that Lily keeps mentioning?
2. What color is Del's hair?
3. What month is it in the Prologue?
4. What do Howell and the other man carry into his house while Lily is there cleaning?
5. Where was Beanie Winthrop most likely to be found during the day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Claude and Lily?
2. What is the relationship between Marshall and Lily?
3. How and by whom is Del's body discovered?
4. What does Deedra ask Lily to do? Why does Lily refuse?
5. What point of view is the Prologue written in, and what information does this lend to the reader?
6. What is Bobo's connection to the town of Shakespeare?
7. Who is the new woman in town? What is she doing there? How do others react to her at the gym?
8. What transpires between Jerrell and Deedra in Chapter Two, and how does Lily feel about it?
9. What has Howell and company brought home that Lily sees him bring into the house? What does he leave behind that annoys Lily? What might these two things mean?
10. What is the spotter's thought process before leaving the gym after killing Del?
This section contains 1,229 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)