|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What odd question does Becca ask Lily about Marie?
(a) Does she have any money?
(b) Did you euthanize her?
(c) Are you in her will?
(d) Was she your mother?
2. What does Lily realize about the men who were chasing Jack?
(a) They would have tortured him until he told them who he was working for.
(b) They were only looking for information.
(c) They would not have killed him if they caught him.
(d) They would have killed him if they caught him.
3. What question doesn't Lily ask Jack after their first night together?
(a) Do you love me?
(b) Are you married?
(c) Will I see you again?
(d) What were you doing last night?
4. What does Lily do to distract the men who have come to her home asking if she is a hostage?
(a) She fires off a shot from her shotgun.
(b) She steps out in her nightgown.
(c) She calls the police.
(d) She screams loudly.
5. Why doesn't Marie want Lily to call the hospital?
(a) She wants to die at home.
(b) She is afraid of hospitals.
(c) She is not sick enough to go.
(d) She does not want to die on the way to the hospital.
6. How does Lily know that Mookie has been at Winthop's Sporting Goods store a lot?
(a) There are many boxes with the logo in her house.
(b) There are many plastic bags with the logo in her house.
(c) Jack has seen her there often.
(d) Mookie has many pairs of Reeboks.
7. How does Howell react after finding out that Lily was in his house during the break-in?
(a) He is overly concerned about her.
(b) He is apathetic about her being there.
(c) He is slightly concerned.
(d) He is frightened that she knows more than she should.
8. Why is Lily glad that she does not have to call Marie's son Chuck?
(a) She is afraid she will sound too cold.
(b) She feels guilty about the way she handled Marie.
(c) She is afraid she will cry.
(d) She is afraid that she will accuse Chuck of neglect.
9. What does Bobo come to Lily's home for on the night she missed karate?
(a) To warn her.
(b) To ask her to work out with him.
(c) To get her to go back with Marshall.
(d) To tell her how much he cares for her.
10. What does Mookie do for the company where she's employed?
(a) Web design.
(d) Ancestry traces.
11. Who is Mookie connected to as Lily discovers?
(a) She is Darnell's half-sister.
(b) She is Raphael's half-sister.
(c) She is Marcus's half-sister.
(d) She is Lanette's sister.
12. Who hires Jack as a detective?
(c) Howell Winthrop Jr.
(d) Howell Winthrop Sr.
13. Why is Lily so glad to feel the warmth of the Winthrop kitchen?
(a) She had been locked outside for awhile.
(b) She was sick and had chills.
(c) The heater in her car does not work.
(d) She had to walk to work in the cold.
14. What department does Jim work in at the Sporting Goods Store?
(a) Swimming gear.
(c) Athletic shoes.
(d) Bowling equipment.
15. What surprising information does Lanette Glass bring up at the meeting at the church?
(a) The police are not investigating the deaths.
(b) She knows the identity of her son's murderer.
(c) A black man was seen passing out the flyers.
(d) There is an armed militia in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily do to alarm the intruders that someone is in the house?
2. What does Marshall speak with Lily about at the gym after he gives her a hug about Marie's death?
3. What change did NOT occur at the Pardon's Apartments according to Carrie?
4. What kind of a detective is Jack?
5. What advice does Carrie give Lily?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)