|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of a detective is Jack?
(a) Crime scene investigator.
2. How was the bomb detonated?
(a) From a computer.
(b) From a wristwatch.
(c) From someone in the church.
(d) From a cell phone.
3. What is Lily's excuse for being at the Garden Apartments the day after Jack was shot?
(a) She is there to clean Deena's apartment.
(b) She is there to see Claude.
(c) She is there to bring Jack home.
(d) She is there to see Marcus Jackson.
4. What does Mookie do for the company where she's employed?
(a) Web design.
(c) Ancestry traces.
5. How does Lily know that Mookie has been at Winthop's Sporting Goods store a lot?
(a) There are many boxes with the logo in her house.
(b) There are many plastic bags with the logo in her house.
(c) Mookie has many pairs of Reeboks.
(d) Jack has seen her there often.
6. What is Lily lying on right after the explosion happened?
(a) A young, dead girl.
(b) A bleeding woman.
(c) A broken pew.
(d) A Bible.
7. What is Claude caught under in the church after the explosion?
(a) A pew.
(b) The cross.
(c) A light fixture.
(d) A statue.
8. How many died in the explosion?
9. What surprising information does Lanette Glass bring up at the meeting at the church?
(a) The police are not investigating the deaths.
(b) She knows the identity of her son's murderer.
(c) A black man was seen passing out the flyers.
(d) There is an armed militia in town.
10. Which visitor of Lily's surprised her by the visit after the explosion?
11. What indication of Deedra's changed lifestyle does Lily notice when cleaning her apartment?
(a) There are no dishes in the sink.
(b) Her naughty pictures are gone.
(c) Her trash has been emptied.
(d) Her clothes are all put away.
12. What does the detective ask of Lily when he sees her in the hall of the hospital?
(a) "Did you see anyone suspicious?"
(b) "Can you hear me?"
(c) "Why were you at the church?"
(d) "Who can I call for you?"
13. What awakens Lily from her nightmare in Chapter Six?
(a) A voice outside her back door.
(b) An intruder.
(c) Gun shots.
(d) The ringing of the phone.
14. Who helps Lily with her chin-ups at the gym?
(c) The guy with the ponytail.
15. What meeting is being held at the Golgotha Church?
(a) The black people in town are meeting about the flyers.
(b) The town's prominent citizens are meeting about better police security.
(c) The town's leaders are meeting about the flyers.
(d) The white people in town are meeting about the flyers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily give Jack for the pain?
2. Where does Carrie work?
3. Why doesn't Marie want Lily to call the hospital?
4. What does Lily realize about the men who were chasing Jack?
5. What does Marshall speak with Lily about at the gym after he gives her a hug about Marie's death?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)