|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Bobo doing at the gym on the morning after the murder?
(a) Bobo was opening the gym for Marshall.
(b) Bobo was looking for his gloves.
(c) Bobo wanted to workout alone.
(d) Bobo was looking for Dell.
2. What month is it in the Prologue?
3. What does Lily educate Claude about concerning Del while they eat lunch together?
(a) How body building competition works.
(b) Del's routine at the gym.
(c) Del's acquaintances at the gym.
(d) Del's character.
4. Where does every Winthrop attend college?
(a) University of Tennessee.
(b) University of Utah.
(c) University of Alabama.
(d) University of Arkansas.
5. What point is made about the spotter's gloves?
(a) His gloves are very expensive.
(b) The gloves are not the usual kind worn.
(c) He borrowed gloves from the lost and found.
(d) They are ripped.
6. Why does Janet want to know if Marshall and Lily are "a locked in thing"?
(a) Janet's friend wants to date Marshall.
(b) Janet is nosey.
(c) Janet writes a love column for the town newspaper.
(d) Janet is interested in Marshall.
7. What feature does the man who came home with Howell have that Lily keeps mentioning?
(a) He has dimples.
(b) He has striking green eyes.
(c) He has a pointed chin.
(d) He has a black ponytail.
8. What is making its way through Shakepeare as Chapter One opens?
(a) A flu epidemic.
(b) Rumors of murder.
(c) Swarms of bees.
(d) A parade.
9. What is Lily's relationship with Claude?
(a) Neighbors only.
(d) He is her neighbor who wants a relationship.
10. Lily and Bobo think that Del must be in the tanning bed. Which reason is NOT one that they thought?
(a) They don't see him.
(b) The lights are out.
(c) The door is unlocked.
(d) His car is in the parking lot.
11. What does Lily tell Claude to do as she leaves for karate class?
(a) Come to the gym to watch her.
(b) Investigate the flyers.
(c) Stay at her home and watch the game.
(d) Meet her later for coffee.
12. What does Deedra want Lily to do for her concerning her car?
(a) Go with Jerrell and Deedra to the car wash.
(b) Lend her money to get it fixed.
(c) Drive it to the shop.
(d) Call a towing company.
13. Which of the choices listed, is NOT how Lily described Del to Claude?
(a) He was harmless.
(b) He didn't like big words.
(c) He was a yokel.
(d) He didn't like blacks.
14. How tall is Del?
(a) Six foot one.
(b) Five foot five.
(c) Six foot two.
(d) Five foot ten.
15. What does Lily value in her life more than anything?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the reader learn about Lily's past while she talks to Marshall about murder in Chapter One?
2. Of what nationality is Marshall one-quarter?
3. What hides the spotter's car in the parking lot?
4. What do Howell and the other man carry into his house while Lily is there cleaning?
5. What does Lily wonder about Howell and his friend after they enter Howell's house?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)