|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Deedra want Lily to do for her concerning her car?
(a) Go with Jerrell and Deedra to the car wash.
(b) Lend her money to get it fixed.
(c) Drive it to the shop.
(d) Call a towing company.
2. What does Bobo do to Lily when he sees her again at karate class?
(a) He gives her a karate chop.
(b) He walks her over to the bench where they found Del.
(c) He throws her to the floor in a karate move.
(d) He lifts her up by her waist.
3. What is the name of the gym where the competition will take place?
(a) Gold's Gym.
(b) Body Time.
(c) Marvel Gym.
(d) Body Fitness.
4. What is Todd Picard's role at The Fight according to him?
(a) He calls for back-up.
(b) He jumps in to stop it.
(c) He keeps the crowd back.
(d) He watches afraid he wouldn't be identified as an off duty cop.
5. Why does Lily park her car in the street at the Winthrop's house?
(a) Her car leaks oil.
(b) The garage is too small.
(c) She wants to be able to make a quick getaway.
(d) They have asked her not to park in the garage.
6. What is one of the reasons that Lily decides that she cares about Del's death?
(a) She had always wanted to solve a murder.
(b) The small town atmosphere was on her nerves.
(c) Bobo was implicated.
(d) She wanted the gym to close.
7. In Lily's eyes, why is Lindy not a suspect for the murder of Del?
(a) She is too sweet natured.
(b) She is not strong enough to lift the weight that was on the bar.
(c) She fears the germs in the gym.
(d) She loves Del too much.
8. How many more pounds does he ask the spotter to add to the bar?
9. How does Lily know Bobo?
(a) They went to school together.
(b) From the gym.
(c) They work together.
(d) She cleans for his mother.
10. Where was Beanie Winthrop most likely to be found during the day?
(a) At the country club bar.
(b) Dining with friends.
(c) Playing golf.
(d) Playing tennis or doing volunteer work.
11. What month is it in the Prologue?
12. Which of the choices listed, is NOT how Lily described Del to Claude?
(a) He was a yokel.
(b) He was harmless.
(c) He didn't like blacks.
(d) He didn't like big words.
13. Of what nationality is Marshall one-quarter?
14. When was the last time that the spotter and Del had spoken before the spotter joins him the evening Del dies?
(a) The night before.
(b) The week before.
(d) The same afternoon.
15. What does Lily think about as she looks up at Claude's dark window on the night she walks late?
(a) Will he solve the Darnell case?
(b) Will she give him another chance?
(c) Can she ever love him?
(d) Will she ever see him again?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Claude and Lily go after dinner in Montrose?
2. How does Del describe himself?
3. How much can Lily lift in weights?
4. After hitting his car, what does Hodding do to make Darnell hit him?
5. What does Lily learn about herself in regard to the Winthrops as she leaves their house after meeting the strange man with Howell?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)