|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the gem wrapped in?
2. What was Gwen's mother's ability?
3. Which murder suspect must Mr. Cody defend in order to get Meredith back?
4. What was James's occupation?
5. What was Gwen's visitor's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kate feel about the bodies that have been mutilated?
2. What lead to Frank's demise, in Gwen's opinion?
3. What action proves Jason's words?
4. What was the silver haired gentleman concerned about in regards to Gwen and the Gem?
5. How did Stephen react to Gwen's secret?
6. What was it about the Thai restaurant that Gwen was pleasantly surprised about?
7. How did Gwen get the Jamison's to release Meredith?
8. What does Frank's note, "Mendel's peas" mean to Gwen?
9. Why did the lack of information in the house frustrate Gwen?
10. In what ways did the man in the casket resemble Frank in the least of ways?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hypothesize how Gwen would react psychologically in the next book. Why do you think she would react this way? What kinds of issues do you think she will face in the next novel? Explain how Gwen might overcome them.
Essay Topic 2
Provide a reason why it was necessary for Stephen to be eliminated from Gwen's life. In what ways would Stephen have held Gwen back? In what ways would she have not attained any knowledge of her parents if she would have gone with Stephen? In a character perspective, how do you think Gwen would have done being Stephen's suburban housewife?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the city of Providence to your own town. What similarities are there? What differences are there? Do you think that there is the same undercurrent of nefarious dealings in every town? Why or why not?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)