|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years had passed since Sylvia had seen Ian Forest?
2. Who is likely to count Jason among their friends?
3. How many people did Gwen trust?
4. What did Teresa hand Gwen?
5. What does Teresa think the killers are doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the silver haired gentleman concerned about in regards to Gwen and the Gem?
2. What action proves Jason's words?
3. In what ways did the man in the casket resemble Frank in the least of ways?
4. What did Gwen think that most people would do with the visions Gwen had?
5. What lead to Frank's demise, in Gwen's opinion?
6. How did Gwen get the Jamison's to release Meredith?
7. What does Frank's note, "Mendel's peas" mean to Gwen?
8. What thoughts did Gwen have regarding Frank's death and her possible involvement?
9. How did Ian explain his genetics?
10. What did the portrait of Sylvia remind Gwen of and how did Ian describe her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What issues caused Gwen to be in a professional limbo? In what ways does this limbo seem like Gwen took the fall for someone?` Do you think she has paid her penance? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Many cities have a dark underside to their wholesome image. What kind of image does the town of Providence provide in the book? On the website? Hypothesize on whether or not the writer of the book has been to the real city of Providence. Do you think the characters fit well in the actual city?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the city of Providence to your own town. What similarities are there? What differences are there? Do you think that there is the same undercurrent of nefarious dealings in every town? Why or why not?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)