|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long would it take Edmonson to make up his mind about Gwen?
2. Who was the person to beat Ian up?
3. What animal does Ian compare Gwen to?
4. What had Frank taken to doing that would prevent him from answering the door?
5. How many innocent people had to die to ensure Gwen's survival?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Gwen get the Jamison's to release Meredith?
2. Why would Gwen be slow to trust after this episode?
3. What was the silver haired gentleman concerned about in regards to Gwen and the Gem?
4. What was it about the Thai restaurant that Gwen was pleasantly surprised about?
5. How did Stephen react to Gwen's secret?
6. What action proves Jason's words?
7. In what ways did the man in the casket resemble Frank in the least of ways?
8. How does Kate feel about the bodies that have been mutilated?
9. In what ways does Ryan Cody vindicate himself in this chapter?
10. What did Gwen think that most people would do with the visions Gwen had?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gwen has long suspected Walsh of being a dirty cop. Explain how this is unacceptable in a just society. How does one crooked cop change the justice system? How far out do the ripples of effect go?
Essay Topic 2
Imagine the desperation of a parent that's had their child kidnapped. What do you think that might feel like to the parents? To the child? To the kidnapper? What kinds of issues might a kidnapped child retain from the experience?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Meredith's kidnapping as a tool to help Gwen understand who she is. Explain how this contrived kidnapping led to Gwen's discovery of who she really is, along with who her parents are. Explain how this might not have been possible under different circumstances.
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)