|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many innocent people had to die to ensure Gwen's survival?
2. What was on the table?
3. What color was the gem in the case?
4. How did Forest mention Gwen would react to the morning's events?
5. What does the waiter suggest to Gwen in lieu of fried foods?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Gwen suspect foul play?
2. How does Kate feel about the bodies that have been mutilated?
3. Why would Gwen be slow to trust after this episode?
4. What was Gwen's thought regarding Tiger Leone and Ian Forest?
5. Why did the lack of information in the house frustrate Gwen?
6. What did the portrait of Sylvia remind Gwen of and how did Ian describe her?
7. What new information did Jimmy Almeida give to Gwen?
8. Why did Gwen still have to talk to Edmonson?
9. How did Stephen react to Gwen's secret?
10. How did Ian explain his genetics?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What obstacles does Gwen face in solving her cases? What situations threaten to overwhelm her and why? How does she master these overwhelming odds?
Essay Topic 2
Why was it vital for the author to introduce a son for Frank? What role does this character stand to play in Gwen's life? In what ways do you think this character is going to support Gwen later in life? Explain why this may or may not be as easy as it sounds.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the placement of Jason Cross in the novel. How do you think this character's relationship will continue with Gwen when he reveals who he really is and why he was there? Explain how the number managed to get in the address book. Do you think it was by chance that the address book was the only thing left behind? Explain.
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)