|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the gem wrapped in?
2. What did Gwen consider weird?
3. Why did O'Riley give Quaid hell?
4. How long would it take Edmonson to make up his mind about Gwen?
5. What does Gwen find out from Jimmy Almeida?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lead to Frank's demise, in Gwen's opinion?
2. What does Frank's note, "Mendel's peas" mean to Gwen?
3. How did Stephen react to Gwen's secret?
4. Why would Edmonson be headed to the DNA lab?
5. Why did Gwen suspect foul play?
6. What new information did Jimmy Almeida give to Gwen?
7. In what ways does Ryan Cody vindicate himself in this chapter?
8. What character and physical traits does Gwen and her parents share?
9. What did the portrait of Sylvia remind Gwen of and how did Ian describe her?
10. Why did the lack of information in the house frustrate Gwen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gwen doesn't seem to have much of a social life. Suggest reasons why this might be the case. Do you think that her reputation as a "crooked cop" caused her to be a social pariah? Why or why not? Do you think that this would chance with the information unearthed on her computer? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Meredith's kidnapping as a tool to help Gwen understand who she is. Explain how this contrived kidnapping led to Gwen's discovery of who she really is, along with who her parents are. Explain how this might not have been possible under different circumstances.
Essay Topic 3
Why was it vital for the author to introduce a son for Frank? What role does this character stand to play in Gwen's life? In what ways do you think this character is going to support Gwen later in life? Explain why this may or may not be as easy as it sounds.
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)