|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Gwen supposed to talk to regarding Mr. Almeida?
2. Whose death caused the department to view Gwen differently?
3. What happened as Gwen walked across the stage?
4. Where is the wheel of the year turning towards?
5. What did Gwen consider to be one of her worst features?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Sylvia Black used to do in her youth?
2. What was not good about Meredith's age?
3. Why didn't Gwen touch anything in the room in which she found Lauren?
4. What seemed suspicious about her newest client?
5. How were the last twenty years kind to Sherry? How could they also have been cruel?
6. What is the "usual thing" that Meredith and her mother would argue about?
7. Why was it so hard on the girls that were runaway from abusive situations when they entered the system?
8. Why wouldn't Lauren ditch her friends, and why did her friends leave without her?
9. How did Althea give Gwen a safe address to "reside" at?
10. What did Gwen come to Marcy Bartlett for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the placement of Jason Cross in the novel. How do you think this character's relationship will continue with Gwen when he reveals who he really is and why he was there? Explain how the number managed to get in the address book. Do you think it was by chance that the address book was the only thing left behind? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the "coming together" of Ian and Gwen. Do you think it will ever happen? When or why not? What do you think Ian has to offer that "Jason" does not?
Essay Topic 3
Imagine the desperation of a parent that's had their child kidnapped. What do you think that might feel like to the parents? To the child? To the kidnapper? What kinds of issues might a kidnapped child retain from the experience?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)