|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's missing?
2. According to the guidance counselor, where was Meredith?
3. What did Gwen want Frank to pull up of Mr. Cody's?
4. Who was the person that Gwen called so late?
5. What did Gwen do when the secretary disappeared into Mr. Cody's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was not good about Meredith's age?
2. What did Sherry underhandedly suggest and why?
3. What is the "usual thing" that Meredith and her mother would argue about?
4. What was Gwen's costume and what did it compose of?
5. Why did Damien come to Gwen for information?
6. What did Sylvia Black used to do in her youth?
7. How did Althea give Gwen a safe address to "reside" at?
8. Why wouldn't Lauren ditch her friends, and why did her friends leave without her?
9. Why does Gwen suspect Mr. Cody in Meredith's disappearance?
10. Why didn't Gwen touch anything in the room in which she found Lauren?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Meredith's kidnapping as a tool to help Gwen understand who she is. Explain how this contrived kidnapping led to Gwen's discovery of who she really is, along with who her parents are. Explain how this might not have been possible under different circumstances.
Essay Topic 2
Why was it vital for the author to introduce a son for Frank? What role does this character stand to play in Gwen's life? In what ways do you think this character is going to support Gwen later in life? Explain why this may or may not be as easy as it sounds.
Essay Topic 3
Many cities have a dark underside to their wholesome image. What kind of image does the town of Providence provide in the book? On the website? Hypothesize on whether or not the writer of the book has been to the real city of Providence. Do you think the characters fit well in the actual city?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)