|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was there no point to giving the Sister Meredith's last name?
2. Who was the package for?
3. Who runs the home for runaways?
4. What did Gwen consider to be one of her worst features?
5. What defense mechanism did cops offer each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Gwen know which room Lauren was in?
2. What did Gwen find strange when she contacted Meredith's friends?
3. What seemed suspicious about her newest client?
4. What was not good about Meredith's age?
5. What was suspicious regarding Mr. Cody and Gwen's conversation?
6. What kind of information did Gwen want to get off of the flash card, and why did she go to such risks to obtain it?
7. How did Gwen know it was Marcy and Trudy's anniversary?
8. How were the last twenty years kind to Sherry? How could they also have been cruel?
9. Why doesn't Gwen seem to be surprised that Mr. Cross has a membership to the same tennis club as her ex?
10. In what ways did Sherry Fenton learn to play "the game"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Sylvia Black and Gwen. What similarities do they share? What differences? Explain which you think is the stronger personality, Sylvia or Gwen. Why?
Essay Topic 2
"Cops, crooked or otherwise would be unneeded in a socially responsible society". Discuss this statement. Do you think it's true? Why or why not? Provide at least four pieces of information or points to support or deny your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's purpose to making Edmonson Gwen's family. What do you think was the intent of the author for doing this? Explain how this made Gwen's choice even more difficult at the end.
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)