|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joy tell Lewis to arrange?
2. Warnie takes Douglas in search of what?
3. Scene 4 opens in which location?
4. Why are Lewis and Joy careful in discussing her health?
5. Who attempts to encourage Lewis about the situation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Trace the development of Lewis and Joy's relationship in the play. How did the pair meet? What events led to them developing feelings for each other?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one scene in the play and describe how you would stage this scene if you were in charge. What props would you use? What would the scene look like? What instructions would you give the actors for the scene?
Essay Topic 3
Lewis and Joy experience gossip targeted at them during the play. Who gossips about the couple? Why do you think people gossip about Joy and Lewis' relationship? What effect does the gossip have?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)