|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joy preparing to do as the scene ends?
2. Warnie states that Americans don't understand what?
3. Why does Joy hesitate at Lewis' invitation?
4. Who is Lewis' brother?
5. What do Lewis and Joy discuss after he finds her reading the letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lewis say about his friendship with Joy? Does this reassure Warnie?
2. What is Joy's condition like? How is she feeling?
3. What does the doctor tell Lewis? What mood is Joy in at this time? What do Joy and Lewis discuss?
4. Who is C.S. Lewis? How is he described in the play?
5. What stereotype does Warnie have about Americans? What does he mean by his statement?
6. What does Lewis do after the party breaks up?
7. Where does Scene 2 open? Who is present in the scene? What are they doing?
8. Who is present at the beginning of the scene? What are they discussing? How does Lewis respond to them?
9. What piece of furniture is mentioned in this scene? Why is this furniture important?
10. What does Lewis do in this scene? Who does he address? What topics does he discuss?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What significance does the wardrobe have in the play? Where does this reference come from? Who interacts with the wardrobe? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Why do Joy and Lewis get married the first time? What benefit does the marriage bring? How do they each feel about this? Describe what this wedding is like. How does the wedding change their relationship? In what ways does it remain the same?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationships between Douglas and Warnie and between Douglas and Lewis. What are these relationships like? How do the men feel about Douglas? How does Douglas feel about the men? How do the relationships change over the course of the play?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)