|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes the flowers for the wedding?
2. Lewis and Joy banter about what?
3. What does Warnie offer to Joy?
4. What does Joy ask of Lewis?
5. Including this visit, how many other times have Joy and Douglas been to the Lewis home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What topic does Lewis discuss as the scene opens? What does he reveal to the audience?
2. What topic does the conversation turn to after Joy arrives? What does Riley do? How does Joy react?
3. What do Lewis and Warnie find when they reach the hospital? What does the doctor tell them?
4. Why is everyone cautious in this scene? What are they afraid of?
5. Where do Joy and Lewis decide to go? Why? What is this trip like?
6. What does Warnie do after the ceremony is over? Why does he do this?
7. What topic do Lewis, Joy, and Warnie discuss that impacts them all? What decision do they come to?
8. What are Harrington, Gregg, and Riley discussing? How do the men and Warnie feel about Joy?
9. What do the two brothers joke about? What do they decide to do about the letter's request?
10. What does Lewis declare to Joy? What does he ask of Harrington? How do Harrington and Riley respond to this news?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Warnie and Lewis. What differences are there between the two men? What similarities do they share? How do the men react to Joy's presence in their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Why do Joy and Lewis get married the first time? What benefit does the marriage bring? How do they each feel about this? Describe what this wedding is like. How does the wedding change their relationship? In what ways does it remain the same?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of friendship in the play. What characteristics of friendship are presented? What negative aspects of friendship are presented? Who do you think best portrays friendship in the play? Why?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)