|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Warnie reminds Lewis of what?
2. What does Warnie offer to Joy?
3. What is Lewis doing as the scene opens?
4. What does Joy's son ask Lewis?
5. Lewis and Joy banter about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Riley tell Lewis about? How does Lewis feel about what Riley tells him?
2. What does Douglas ask Lewis about? What is Lewis' answer?
3. Describe the wedding that takes place. What is Douglas doing while the wedding takes place?
4. What has Joy asked of Lewis? How did he respond to this request? How do others feel about this?
5. Where does the scene open? What is happening? Why is the event happening at this office?
6. Who is present at the beginning of the scene? What are they discussing? How does Lewis respond to them?
7. What do Warnie and Harrington discuss in this scene? What does Riley add to the conversation?
8. What is Warnie concerned about as the scene opens? Why is he concerned about this?
9. Who is C.S. Lewis? How is he described in the play?
10. What are Harrington, Gregg, and Riley discussing? How do the men and Warnie feel about Joy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do Joy and Lewis get married the first time? What benefit does the marriage bring? How do they each feel about this? Describe what this wedding is like. How does the wedding change their relationship? In what ways does it remain the same?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Warnie and Lewis. What differences are there between the two men? What similarities do they share? How do the men react to Joy's presence in their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of friendship in the play. What characteristics of friendship are presented? What negative aspects of friendship are presented? Who do you think best portrays friendship in the play? Why?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)