|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lewis doing when Warnie enters the room?
2. What does Joy's son want to do?
3. Who is the letter from?
4. Scene 3 mentions what at the back of the room?
5. What is Lewis doing as the scene opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lewis do to help ease the tension between him and Joy? What do they discuss?
2. What does Lewis talk to Douglas about? On what topic does Lewis end the play?
3. What does Lewis ask Joy? How does she feel about this request?
4. What has Joy asked of Lewis? How did he respond to this request? How do others feel about this?
5. What does Lewis do after the party breaks up?
6. Who is C.S. Lewis? How is he described in the play?
7. What does Lewis declare to Joy? What does he ask of Harrington? How do Harrington and Riley respond to this news?
8. What does Lewis' decision reveal about him and his feelings? How will this decision affect him and those around him?
9. How is Lewis handling the news? What does he say or do that reveal how he is feeling?
10. Where do Joy and Lewis decide to go? Why? What is this trip like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What significance does the wardrobe have in the play? Where does this reference come from? Who interacts with the wardrobe? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Warnie and Lewis' relationship. How would you characterize their relationship at the beginning of the play? What hurdles do the men face in their relationship? Do they overcome these hurdles? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationships between Douglas and Warnie and between Douglas and Lewis. What are these relationships like? How do the men feel about Douglas? How does Douglas feel about the men? How do the relationships change over the course of the play?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)