|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic does Lewis address in his first words?
2. What does Lewis ask Joy about her return to America?
3. Who is Lewis' brother?
4. The wedding ceremony could best be described as what?
5. Lewis mentions a letter from whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Joy's homecoming like? What activities does the family engage in?
2. Who startles Lewis? What does this person tell Lewis? How does he feel about the news?
3. What does Lewis do after the party breaks up?
4. Where does the scene open? Who is present? What are the characters doing?
5. Who is C.S. Lewis? How is he described in the play?
6. What does Lewis do to help ease the tension between him and Joy? What do they discuss?
7. What are Lewis and Joy's interactions like? What does Joy do that surprises Lewis?
8. What happens as Lewis goes to leave? What does this event signify?
9. What topic does Lewis discuss as the scene opens? What does he reveal to the audience?
10. What does Lewis talk to Douglas about? On what topic does Lewis end the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What significance does the wardrobe have in the play? Where does this reference come from? Who interacts with the wardrobe? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Lewis and Joy's first wedding ceremony with the second ceremony. Who is present at each of the weddings? What conditions are different between the two? How do the participants feel about each of the weddings?
Essay Topic 3
Why do Joy and Lewis get married the first time? What benefit does the marriage bring? How do they each feel about this? Describe what this wedding is like. How does the wedding change their relationship? In what ways does it remain the same?
This section contains 1,400 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)