|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Douglas go?
2. What describes the men's humor?
3. What does Lewis' participation in the marriage indicate?
4. What does Lewis offer to Joy?
5. Lewis assures Warnie of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lewis tell Douglas? What does Douglas ask?
2. What does Lewis' decision reveal about him and his feelings? How will this decision affect him and those around him?
3. What are Harrington, Gregg, and Riley discussing? How do the men and Warnie feel about Joy?
4. What does Lewis tell Joy? How does she respond?
5. What is revealed about Joy? How does she feel about this now?
6. Where does the scene open? Who is present? What are the characters doing?
7. What does Warnie do after the ceremony is over? Why does he do this?
8. Where does Scene 2 open? Who is present in the scene? What are they doing?
9. What does Lewis ask Joy? How does she feel about this request?
10. What are Warnie and Lewis doing as this scene opens? What does Lewis admit to Warnie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Warnie and Lewis. What differences are there between the two men? What similarities do they share? How do the men react to Joy's presence in their lives?
Essay Topic 2
What significance does the wardrobe have in the play? Where does this reference come from? Who interacts with the wardrobe? Why?
Essay Topic 3
In several sections of the play, Lewis appears to be giving a lecture to the audience. What topics does Lewis talk about in these monologues? Why do you think the author of the play included these sections? What purpose do they have in the play?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)