|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Joy written to Lewis?
2. Lewis mentions a letter from whom?
3. What does Warnie suggest about women?
4. In what city does the play take place?
5. Including this visit, how many other times have Joy and Douglas been to the Lewis home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the wedding ceremony like? Describe what happens.
2. Describe the wedding that takes place. What is Douglas doing while the wedding takes place?
3. Who is C.S. Lewis? How is he described in the play?
4. What does Lewis talk to Douglas about? On what topic does Lewis end the play?
5. What do the two brothers joke about? What do they decide to do about the letter's request?
6. What do Joy and Lewis talk about? What does Joy tell Lewis that she warns him about ahead of time?
7. What is Warnie's suggestion about women? What does he mean by this suggestion? Why does he say that he may not know fully?
8. What does Lewis say about pain, suffering, and love? What benefit does he believe that suffering has?
9. What does Lewis tell Douglas? What does Douglas ask?
10. How do the four men feel about Joy's condition and her improvement? How do they handle the news that Joy is improving?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of friendship in the play. What characteristics of friendship are presented? What negative aspects of friendship are presented? Who do you think best portrays friendship in the play? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What significance does the wardrobe have in the play? Where does this reference come from? Who interacts with the wardrobe? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Lewis and Joy's first wedding ceremony with the second ceremony. Who is present at each of the weddings? What conditions are different between the two? How do the participants feel about each of the weddings?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)