|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joy's son ask Lewis?
2. The wedding ceremony could best be described as what?
3. Scene 6 opens at what?
4. Where does the second scene open?
5. Which college is Lewis from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is present at the beginning of the scene? What are they discussing? How does Lewis respond to them?
2. How do the four men feel about Joy's condition and her improvement? How do they handle the news that Joy is improving?
3. What are Lewis and Joy's interactions like? What does Joy do that surprises Lewis?
4. What do Lewis and Joy make plans to do? What does Douglas do as they are getting ready to leave?
5. Where does Scene 2 open? Who is present in the scene? What are they doing?
6. What do Joy and Lewis talk about? What does Joy ask Lewis?
7. What are Harrington, Gregg, and Riley discussing? How do the men and Warnie feel about Joy?
8. What has Joy asked of Lewis? How did he respond to this request? How do others feel about this?
9. What is Warnie concerned about as the scene opens? Why is he concerned about this?
10. What do Lewis and Warnie find when they reach the hospital? What does the doctor tell them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lewis and Joy experience gossip targeted at them during the play. Who gossips about the couple? Why do you think people gossip about Joy and Lewis' relationship? What effect does the gossip have?
Essay Topic 2
What significance does the wardrobe have in the play? Where does this reference come from? Who interacts with the wardrobe? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Trace the development of Lewis and Joy's relationship in the play. How did the pair meet? What events led to them developing feelings for each other?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)