|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does scene 9 open?
(a) The Registrar's office.
(b) Oxford University.
(c) Joy's home.
(d) Lewis' home.
2. Who does Lewis reassure in this chapter that Lewis and Joy are just friends?
3. How did Lewis respond to Joy's request?
(a) He ends their friendship.
(b) He tells her to wait for a while.
(c) He agrees.
(d) He says no.
4. What are Lewis and Warnie doing as scene 7 opens?
(a) Preparing to leave the house.
(b) Eating breakfast.
(c) Talking at a party.
(d) Reading books.
5. What type of flower is present at Joy's wedding?
(b) There were no flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lewis talking about as the scene opens?
2. Including this visit, how many other times have Joy and Douglas been to the Lewis home?
3. What topic does Lewis address in his first words?
4. The wedding ceremony could best be described as what?
5. What does Warnie do as he and Lewis talk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as Lewis goes to leave? What does this event signify?
2. What letter does Lewis receive? What does the scene reveal about the sender?
3. Describe the wedding that takes place. What is Douglas doing while the wedding takes place?
4. What piece of furniture is mentioned in this scene? Why is this furniture important?
5. What is the wedding ceremony like? Describe what happens.
6. What stereotype does Warnie have about Americans? What does he mean by his statement?
7. What does Lewis declare to Joy? What does he ask of Harrington? How do Harrington and Riley respond to this news?
8. What does Lewis' decision reveal about him and his feelings? How will this decision affect him and those around him?
9. What does Lewis do after the party breaks up?
10. What do Lewis and Joy discuss before she leaves? What does he ask her? What does Joy ask of Lewis?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)