|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lewis and Joy discuss after he finds her reading the letter?
(a) Joy's son.
(b) Joy's poetry.
(c) Joy's marriage.
(d) Joy's feelings about Lewis.
2. In what decade is the play set?
3. What do Joy and Lewis joke about?
(b) Their secret marriage.
(c) New York.
(d) English culture.
4. Why does Joy hesitate at Lewis' invitation?
(a) She thinks Douglas will become too attached.
(b) She feels she may be overstepping her bounds.
(c) She's not sure if her husband will approve.
(d) She wants to go home.
5. What does Joy's son want to do?
(a) Go to the park.
(b) See a football game.
(c) Ring the service bell.
(d) See where Lewis lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joy's son ask Lewis?
2. Who is skeptical about Joy's intentions?
3. What topic are the men joking about?
4. What news does the letter contain?
5. What does Lewis do to help ease the tension between him and Joy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Douglas ask Lewis about? What is Lewis' answer?
2. Who is present at the beginning of the scene? What are they discussing? How does Lewis respond to them?
3. What piece of furniture is mentioned in this scene? Why is this furniture important?
4. What is revealed about Joy? How does she feel about this now?
5. What does Lewis discover Joy doing? What news has Joy received?
6. What is the wedding ceremony like? Describe what happens.
7. What are Harrington, Gregg, and Riley discussing? How do the men and Warnie feel about Joy?
8. What do Lewis and Joy joke about? Why do they joke about this topic?
9. What does Lewis talk to Douglas about? On what topic does Lewis end the play?
10. What does Lewis tell Joy? How does she respond?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)