|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joy and Douglas have moved where?
(b) New York.
2. Where does Joy invite Warnie and Lewis?
(a) To a Christmas party.
(b) For a drink.
(c) To the park.
(d) Home for dinner.
3. Scene 6 opens at what?
(a) A hotel restuarant.
(b) A theater play.
(c) A lecture.
(d) A Christmas party.
4. Where does scene four open?
(a) A hotel room.
(b) A dining room.
(c) A classroom.
(d) A tearoom.
5. What do Lewis and Joy talk about?
(a) Joy's educational goals.
(b) Warnie's fear of marriage.
(c) Douglas' brush with death.
(d) Lewis' mother's cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Lewis have for Warnie?
2. Who initiated the marriage between Lewis and Joy?
3. What is the name of Joy's son?
4. Which word best describes the flowers for the wedding?
5. How old is Lewis at the start of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Joy's condition like? How is she feeling?
2. Where do Joy and Lewis decide to go? Why? What is this trip like?
3. What does Lewis say about pain, suffering, and love? What benefit does he believe that suffering has?
4. What are Warnie and Lewis doing as this scene opens? What does Lewis admit to Warnie?
5. What does Lewis say about his friendship with Joy? Does this reassure Warnie?
6. What does Riley tell Lewis about? How does Lewis feel about what Riley tells him?
7. What is the wedding ceremony like? Describe what happens.
8. What topic does the conversation turn to after Joy arrives? What does Riley do? How does Joy react?
9. What do Joy and Lewis talk about? What does Joy tell Lewis that she warns him about ahead of time?
10. What has Joy asked of Lewis? How did he respond to this request? How do others feel about this?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)