|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word(s) best describe the wedding?
2. Scene 3 mentions what at the back of the room?
(a) A table.
(b) A car.
(c) A lamp.
(d) A wardrobe.
3. What do Lewis and Joy discuss after he finds her reading the letter?
(a) Joy's feelings about Lewis.
(b) Joy's poetry.
(c) Joy's marriage.
(d) Joy's son.
4. What surprises Lewis at the party?
(a) Joy's poem.
(b) Warnie's confession.
(c) Joy's husband.
(d) A present from Douglas.
5. How did Lewis respond to Joy's request?
(a) He tells her to wait for a while.
(b) He says no.
(c) He ends their friendship.
(d) He agrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joy hesitate at Lewis' invitation?
2. Where does scene 3 open?
3. Why is Joy marrying Lewis?
4. Joy is from what country?
5. Who is with Lewis as the scene opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Lewis and Warnie think before they meet Joy? How do Douglas and the adults react to the meeting?
2. Where does Scene 2 open? Who is present in the scene? What are they doing?
3. What are Lewis and Joy's interactions like? What does Joy do that surprises Lewis?
4. What does Lewis discover Joy doing? What news has Joy received?
5. What do Warnie and Harrington discuss in this scene? What does Riley add to the conversation?
6. What does Lewis do in this scene? Who does he address? What topics does he discuss?
7. How is Lewis handling the news? What does he say or do that reveal how he is feeling?
8. How do Lewis and Warnie feel about Joy's impending visit to their home? Why is she coming?
9. Where does scene 1 open? Describe the location. Who is present as the scene opens?
10. What does Riley tell Lewis about? How does Lewis feel about what Riley tells him?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)