|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Warnie enters the room in scene 3 carrying what?
(a) A breakfast tray.
(b) A pillow.
(c) A telephone.
(d) A book.
2. Where is Joy's husband?
(c) New York.
3. What irritates Lewis?
(a) That there are too many people in the house.
(b) That Warnie is interested in Joy.
(c) That men and women can't be friends.
(d) That he cannot be with Joy.
4. Lewis and Joy banter about what?
(c) Other authors.
5. What do Joy and Lewis joke about?
(a) English culture.
(b) New York.
(d) Their secret marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the second scene open?
2. Who is skeptical about Joy's intentions?
3. What does Warnie prod Joy about?
4. Where does Lewis take his brother?
5. What does Lewis offer to Joy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lewis do after the party breaks up?
2. What is Joy's homecoming like? What activities does the family engage in?
3. What does Lewis tell Douglas? What does Douglas ask?
4. What does Lewis ask Douglas about that Douglas doesn't respond to? What does Douglas' lack of response say about the situation?
5. What letter does Lewis receive? What does the scene reveal about the sender?
6. What does Lewis say about his friendship with Joy? Does this reassure Warnie?
7. Where does Scene 2 open? Who is present in the scene? What are they doing?
8. What does the doctor tell Lewis? What mood is Joy in at this time? What do Joy and Lewis discuss?
9. What are Lewis and Joy's interactions like? What does Joy do that surprises Lewis?
10. How do the four men feel about Joy's condition and her improvement? How do they handle the news that Joy is improving?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)