|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lewis doing when Warnie enters the room?
(a) Watching television.
(b) Reading the newspaper.
(c) Writing letters.
(d) Building a shelf.
2. What does Warnie do as he and Lewis talk?
(a) Drinks coffee.
(b) Reads the newspaper.
(c) Gets dressed.
(d) Cleans the window.
3. Who initiated the marriage between Lewis and Joy?
4. Lewis says that life is what?
(a) A testing ground for God's children.
(b) A series of misfortunate events.
(c) A caterpiller becoming a butterfly.
(d) A mere shadow of the next.
5. In what decade is the play set?
Short Answer Questions
1. Joy is from what country?
2. What does Joy's son wonder about Lewis' book?
3. Gossip is spreading about what?
4. What type of flower is present at Joy's wedding?
5. How old is Lewis at the start of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Joy and Lewis decide to go? Why? What is this trip like?
2. What does Lewis say about pain, suffering, and love? What benefit does he believe that suffering has?
3. What is Joy's condition like? How is she feeling?
4. How are the vows recited in the scene? How does the scene keep the tenor of Lewis and Joy's relationship at this stage?
5. What does Lewis ask Douglas about that Douglas doesn't respond to? What does Douglas' lack of response say about the situation?
6. What stereotype does Warnie have about Americans? What does he mean by his statement?
7. What does Lewis tell Douglas? What does Douglas ask?
8. What does the doctor tell Lewis? What mood is Joy in at this time? What do Joy and Lewis discuss?
9. What does Lewis do in this scene? Who does he address? What topics does he discuss?
10. What is Warnie's suggestion about women? What does he mean by this suggestion? Why does he say that he may not know fully?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)