Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Joy invite Warnie and Lewis?
(a) Home for dinner.
(b) To the park.
(c) To a Christmas party.
(d) For a drink.
2. What does Lewis' participation in the marriage indicate?
(a) His desire not to be alone.
(b) His wish to have children.
(c) His tenderness toward Joy.
(d) His protection of Warnie.
3. How did Lewis respond to Joy's request?
(a) He says no.
(b) He tells her to wait for a while.
(c) He ends their friendship.
(d) He agrees.
4. Who enters the room as Lewis and Warnie talk?
5. Warnie reminds Lewis of what?
(a) How Douglas doesn't like Lewis.
(b) How Joy's move appears to others.
(c) How Warnie doesn't like Joy.
(d) How Lewis' actions will lead Joy on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Warnie suggest about women?
2. Who is skeptical about Joy's intentions?
3. Lewis mentions a letter from whom?
4. Who does Joy tell Lewis that he should check with about his plans?
5. What does Warnie do as he and Lewis talk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Joy and Lewis talk about? What does Joy ask Lewis?
2. What are Harrington, Gregg, and Riley discussing? How do the men and Warnie feel about Joy?
3. What do Lewis and Joy make plans to do? What does Douglas do as they are getting ready to leave?
4. What do Warnie and Harrington discuss in this scene? What does Riley add to the conversation?
5. What is Joy's condition like? How is she feeling?
6. What is Warnie concerned about as the scene opens? Why is he concerned about this?
7. What topic do Lewis, Joy, and Warnie discuss that impacts them all? What decision do they come to?
8. Describe the wedding that takes place. What is Douglas doing while the wedding takes place?
9. What does Lewis tell Joy? How does she respond?
10. What are the men talking about? How do their views differ?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)