|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joy leave Lewis' home?
(a) Happy about the future.
(b) Scared of her feelings toward Lewis.
(d) In tears.
2. Which word best describes the wedding rings?
(a) There were no wedding rings.
3. What surprises Lewis at the party?
(a) Joy's poem.
(b) Joy's husband.
(c) Warnie's confession.
(d) A present from Douglas.
4. Joy shares a national award with whom?
(a) Marilyn Monroe.
(b) Theodore Roosevelt.
(c) Marie Curie.
(d) Robert Frost.
5. What does Lewis encourage Warnie to do?
(a) Marry the woman he's been seeing.
(b) Join him in meeting Joy.
(c) Write a book.
(d) Visit the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Lewis and Warnie doing as scene 7 opens?
2. Lewis asks Douglas about whom?
3. What does Warnie suggest about women?
4. Lewis mentions a letter from whom?
5. Who is with Lewis as the scene opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Lewis and Douglas talking about when the scene opens? What input does Joy give on this topic?
2. What is revealed about Joy? How does she feel about this now?
3. What letter does Lewis receive? What does the scene reveal about the sender?
4. What happens as Lewis goes to leave? What does this event signify?
5. What does Lewis ask Joy? How does she feel about this request?
6. What does Lewis ask Douglas about that Douglas doesn't respond to? What does Douglas' lack of response say about the situation?
7. How do Lewis and Warnie feel about Joy's impending visit to their home? Why is she coming?
8. What does Lewis declare to Joy? What does he ask of Harrington? How do Harrington and Riley respond to this news?
9. What piece of furniture is mentioned in this scene? Why is this furniture important?
10. What is the wedding ceremony like? Describe what happens.
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)