|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with Lewis as the scene opens?
2. What does Warnie do as he and Lewis talk?
(a) Reads the newspaper.
(b) Drinks coffee.
(c) Gets dressed.
(d) Cleans the window.
3. Joy is from what country?
(b) South Africa.
(d) The United States.
4. What does C.S. Lewis enter with?
(a) A cat.
(b) A briefcase.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A glass of wine.
5. What profession are the men in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does scene 10 open?
2. Which word best describes the wedding rings?
3. Who is Lewis' brother?
4. What does Joy's son ask Lewis?
5. What does Lewis ask Joy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Joy and Lewis talk about? What does Joy ask Lewis?
2. What does Lewis do to help ease the tension between him and Joy? What do they discuss?
3. What does Lewis' decision reveal about him and his feelings? How will this decision affect him and those around him?
4. What does Warnie do after the ceremony is over? Why does he do this?
5. What does Lewis discover Joy doing? What news has Joy received?
6. How do the four men feel about Joy's condition and her improvement? How do they handle the news that Joy is improving?
7. What do Joy and Lewis talk about? What does Joy tell Lewis that she warns him about ahead of time?
8. What is Warnie's suggestion about women? What does he mean by this suggestion? Why does he say that he may not know fully?
9. What is Warnie concerned about as the scene opens? Why is he concerned about this?
10. Who is present at the beginning of the scene? What are they discussing? How does Lewis respond to them?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)