|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does the letter contain?
(a) Joy's book of poetry is going to be published.
(b) Joy's husband has died.
(c) Joy's husband has had an affair and wants a divorce.
(d) Joy's mother has died.
2. What topic does Lewis address in his first words?
3. What does Warnie do as he and Lewis talk?
(a) Gets dressed.
(b) Reads the newspaper.
(c) Drinks coffee.
(d) Cleans the window.
4. Where does scene 3 open?
(a) The dining hall.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The study.
(d) The garage.
5. What does Lewis ask Douglas about in the scene?
(a) What is he is doing in school.
(b) Whether he'd like a dog.
(c) If he wants to go to Paris.
(d) How he felt about moving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lewis is surprised by what in Joy's poetry?
2. What happens to Joy in this scene?
3. Joy is from what country?
4. What is Riley's theory on women?
5. Who enters the room as Lewis and Warnie talk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Lewis and Douglas talking about when the scene opens? What input does Joy give on this topic?
2. What does Lewis tell Joy? How does she respond?
3. Why is everyone cautious in this scene? What are they afraid of?
4. What has Joy asked of Lewis? How did he respond to this request? How do others feel about this?
5. What do Lewis and Warnie find when they reach the hospital? What does the doctor tell them?
6. Describe the wedding that takes place. What is Douglas doing while the wedding takes place?
7. What do Lewis and Joy discuss before she leaves? What does he ask her? What does Joy ask of Lewis?
8. What does Lewis' decision reveal about him and his feelings? How will this decision affect him and those around him?
9. What is Joy's condition like? How is she feeling?
10. What letter does Lewis receive? What does the scene reveal about the sender?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)