|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As scene 5 opens, Lewis and Warnie are preparing for what?
(a) Joy's visit.
(c) A trip to France.
(d) A lecture at Oxford.
2. What word describes Warnie?
3. How does Joy leave Lewis' home?
(a) In tears.
(b) Scared of her feelings toward Lewis.
(c) Happy about the future.
4. What do Lewis and Joy talk about?
(a) Warnie's fear of marriage.
(b) Lewis' mother's cancer.
(c) Joy's educational goals.
(d) Douglas' brush with death.
5. What startles Lewis as he works?
(a) The sound of the doorbell.
(b) The sensation that someone is in the room.
(c) A bird at the window.
(d) A dog barking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is with Lewis as the scene opens?
2. What profession are the men in?
3. Who does Lewis see that surprises him?
4. What is Lewis doing as the scene opens?
5. What does Joy's son ask Lewis?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Lewis handling the news? What does he say or do that reveal how he is feeling?
2. What happens as Lewis goes to leave? What does this event signify?
3. What does Riley tell Lewis about? How does Lewis feel about what Riley tells him?
4. What does Lewis declare to Joy? What does he ask of Harrington? How do Harrington and Riley respond to this news?
5. What do Warnie and Harrington discuss in this scene? What does Riley add to the conversation?
6. How do Lewis and Warnie feel about Joy's impending visit to their home? Why is she coming?
7. What do Lewis and Joy make plans to do? What does Douglas do as they are getting ready to leave?
8. Who startles Lewis? What does this person tell Lewis? How does he feel about the news?
9. What do Joy and Lewis talk about? What does Joy tell Lewis that she warns him about ahead of time?
10. What is the wedding ceremony like? Describe what happens.
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)