|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word best describes the wedding rings?
(a) There were no wedding rings.
2. In what decade is the play set?
3. What type of flower is present at Joy's wedding?
(d) There were no flowers.
4. What does Joy's son ask Lewis?
(a) To sign a book.
(b) To buy them dinner.
(c) To take him to Oxford.
(d) To marry his mother.
5. Who does Lewis reassure in this chapter that Lewis and Joy are just friends?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lewis promise Joy?
2. Who is skeptical about Joy's intentions?
3. Why does Lewis not join Warnie?
4. In what country is the play set?
5. Where does scene 9 open?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the men talking about? How do their views differ?
2. What happens as Lewis goes to leave? What does this event signify?
3. What is revealed about Joy? How does she feel about this now?
4. How is Lewis handling the news? What does he say or do that reveal how he is feeling?
5. What do Lewis and Warnie find when they reach the hospital? What does the doctor tell them?
6. What does Lewis say about pain, suffering, and love? What benefit does he believe that suffering has?
7. What does Lewis ask Douglas about that Douglas doesn't respond to? What does Douglas' lack of response say about the situation?
8. What do Lewis and Joy joke about? Why do they joke about this topic?
9. How are the vows recited in the scene? How does the scene keep the tenor of Lewis and Joy's relationship at this stage?
10. What does Riley tell Lewis about? How does Lewis feel about what Riley tells him?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)