|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lewis and Joy banter about what?
(c) Other authors.
2. C.S. Lewis is also referred to by what name?
3. What does Lewis' participation in the marriage indicate?
(a) His protection of Warnie.
(b) His desire not to be alone.
(c) His wish to have children.
(d) His tenderness toward Joy.
4. Lewis and Warnie joke about Joy's what?
(c) Love of books.
5. What are the guests surprised to learn?
(a) That Lewis and Warnie are going to sell their house.
(b) That Joy and Douglas are visiting again.
(c) That Warnie has been seeing a woman socially.
(d) That Lewis has published a new book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Warnie feel about this news?
2. Where is Joy's husband?
3. Why has Joy written to Lewis?
4. How old is Lewis at the start of the play?
5. Lewis says that God uses what to break through the selfishness of our nature?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Lewis and Warnie think before they meet Joy? How do Douglas and the adults react to the meeting?
2. Where does scene 1 open? Describe the location. Who is present as the scene opens?
3. What is revealed about Joy? How does she feel about this now?
4. What does Lewis discover Joy doing? What news has Joy received?
5. What do Lewis and Joy discuss in the scene? How do they feel after this conversation?
6. What is the wedding ceremony like? Describe what happens.
7. What do Warnie and Harrington discuss in this scene? What does Riley add to the conversation?
8. Where does the scene open? What is happening? Why is the event happening at this office?
9. What are Lewis and Joy's interactions like? What does Joy do that surprises Lewis?
10. What are Warnie and Lewis doing as this scene opens? What does Lewis admit to Warnie?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)