|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What startles Lewis as he works?
(a) A bird at the window.
(b) The sound of the doorbell.
(c) The sensation that someone is in the room.
(d) A dog barking.
2. Lewis and Joy make plans for what?
(b) Co-writing a book.
(c) A trip to Austria.
(d) A train ride.
3. Who does Lewis live with?
4. Who is Joy coming to England with?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her son.
5. What does Joy's son ask Lewis?
(a) To sign a book.
(b) To buy them dinner.
(c) To marry his mother.
(d) To take him to Oxford.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the room as Lewis and Warnie talk?
2. Lewis says that God uses what to break through the selfishness of our nature?
3. Who is with Lewis as the scene opens?
4. What does Lewis offer to Joy?
5. What is Joy preparing to do as the scene ends?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the vows recited in the scene? How does the scene keep the tenor of Lewis and Joy's relationship at this stage?
2. What does Lewis tell Joy? How does she respond?
3. What does Lewis' decision reveal about him and his feelings? How will this decision affect him and those around him?
4. Where do Joy and Lewis decide to go? Why? What is this trip like?
5. How is Lewis handling the news? What does he say or do that reveal how he is feeling?
6. Describe the wedding that takes place. What is Douglas doing while the wedding takes place?
7. What are Lewis and Joy's interactions like? What does Joy do that surprises Lewis?
8. Who startles Lewis? What does this person tell Lewis? How does he feel about the news?
9. Who is C.S. Lewis? How is he described in the play?
10. What do Lewis and Warnie think before they meet Joy? How do Douglas and the adults react to the meeting?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)