|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joy tell Lewis about Douglas?
(a) He wants to live with his father.
(b) He is failing in school.
(c) He is sick.
(d) He is settling in well.
2. How does Douglas respond to questions about his father?
(a) He is excited to talk about his father.
(b) He doesn't really respond.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He cries.
3. Who does Joy tell Lewis that he should check with about his plans?
(a) Lewis' father.
(d) Joy's husband.
4. Lewis and Joy make plans for what?
(b) Co-writing a book.
(c) A trip to Austria.
(d) A train ride.
5. What word describes Warnie?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joy respond to the insult?
2. What does Lewis ask Douglas about in the scene?
3. Which word(s) best describe the wedding?
4. What startles Lewis as he works?
5. In what decade is the play set?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the scene open? Who is present? What are the characters doing?
2. What does Lewis say about pain, suffering, and love? What benefit does he believe that suffering has?
3. Where does Scene 2 open? Who is present in the scene? What are they doing?
4. What does Lewis declare to Joy? What does he ask of Harrington? How do Harrington and Riley respond to this news?
5. What do Lewis and Joy discuss before she leaves? What does he ask her? What does Joy ask of Lewis?
6. What does Lewis do in this scene? Who does he address? What topics does he discuss?
7. What does Lewis ask Joy? How does she feel about this request?
8. What topic does the conversation turn to after Joy arrives? What does Riley do? How does Joy react?
9. What does Douglas ask Lewis about? What is Lewis' answer?
10. What does Riley tell Lewis about? How does Lewis feel about what Riley tells him?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)