|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic does Warnie bring up?
(a) Lewis' love for Joy.
(c) Joy's book.
(d) Joy's move.
2. How does Douglas respond to questions about his father?
(a) He is excited to talk about his father.
(b) He cries.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He doesn't really respond.
3. What type of flower is present at Joy's wedding?
(b) There were no flowers.
4. What is Lewis doing when Warnie enters the room?
(a) Writing letters.
(b) Watching television.
(c) Building a shelf.
(d) Reading the newspaper.
5. What do Lewis and Joy talk about?
(a) Warnie's fear of marriage.
(b) Lewis' mother's cancer.
(c) Joy's educational goals.
(d) Douglas' brush with death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lewis assures Warnie of what?
2. What does Lewis encourage Warnie to do?
3. Warnie enters the room in scene 3 carrying what?
4. Who is with Lewis as the scene opens?
5. What is Lewis talking about as the scene opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the two brothers joke about? What do they decide to do about the letter's request?
2. Where does scene 1 open? Describe the location. Who is present as the scene opens?
3. What is Joy's condition like? How is she feeling?
4. What does Lewis talk to Douglas about? On what topic does Lewis end the play?
5. What do Lewis and Joy discuss before she leaves? What does he ask her? What does Joy ask of Lewis?
6. What topic does Lewis discuss as the scene opens? What does he reveal to the audience?
7. What does Lewis declare to Joy? What does he ask of Harrington? How do Harrington and Riley respond to this news?
8. What does Lewis do to help ease the tension between him and Joy? What do they discuss?
9. What are Lewis and Joy's interactions like? What does Joy do that surprises Lewis?
10. What does Lewis do after the party breaks up?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)