|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Lewis and Joy's conversation, the set changes to what location?
(a) The garden.
(b) Joy's house.
(c) Lewis' office.
(d) Lewis' house.
2. What type of flower is present at Joy's wedding?
(d) There were no flowers.
3. Why does Lewis not join Warnie?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He has to get back to school.
(c) He has to meet with his publisher.
(d) He is angry with Warnie.
4. Which college is Lewis from?
5. Gossip is spreading about what?
(a) Joy's divorce.
(b) Joy and Lewis' friendship.
(c) Douglas' father.
(d) Warnie's girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic are the men joking about?
2. What is Lewis talking about as the scene opens?
3. What does Lewis encourage Warnie to do?
4. How does Joy leave Lewis' home?
5. What does Lewis ask Joy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is everyone cautious in this scene? What are they afraid of?
2. What topic does Lewis discuss as the scene opens? What does he reveal to the audience?
3. What do Lewis and Warnie think before they meet Joy? How do Douglas and the adults react to the meeting?
4. What is Warnie's suggestion about women? What does he mean by this suggestion? Why does he say that he may not know fully?
5. What stereotype does Warnie have about Americans? What does he mean by his statement?
6. Where does the scene open? Who is present? What are the characters doing?
7. What does Lewis do in this scene? Who does he address? What topics does he discuss?
8. What does Warnie do after the ceremony is over? Why does he do this?
9. What is Joy's homecoming like? What activities does the family engage in?
10. Who is C.S. Lewis? How is he described in the play?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)