|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What startles Lewis as he works?
(a) A dog barking.
(b) The sensation that someone is in the room.
(c) A bird at the window.
(d) The sound of the doorbell.
2. The wedding ceremony could best be described as what?
3. What does Lewis encourage Warnie to do?
(a) Marry the woman he's been seeing.
(b) Join him in meeting Joy.
(c) Visit the United States.
(d) Write a book.
4. Who enters the room as Lewis and Warnie talk?
5. Who is with Lewis as the scene opens?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lewis reassure in this chapter that Lewis and Joy are just friends?
2. Where does Lewis take his brother?
3. Warnie reminds Lewis of what?
4. How does Douglas respond to questions about his father?
5. What is Lewis doing as the scene opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Warnie's suggestion about women? What does he mean by this suggestion? Why does he say that he may not know fully?
2. What does Lewis talk to Douglas about? On what topic does Lewis end the play?
3. What are Harrington, Gregg, and Riley discussing? How do the men and Warnie feel about Joy?
4. Where does scene 1 open? Describe the location. Who is present as the scene opens?
5. Why is everyone cautious in this scene? What are they afraid of?
6. What piece of furniture is mentioned in this scene? Why is this furniture important?
7. What do Lewis and Warnie think before they meet Joy? How do Douglas and the adults react to the meeting?
8. Who is C.S. Lewis? How is he described in the play?
9. What does Lewis say about pain, suffering, and love? What benefit does he believe that suffering has?
10. What does Lewis say about his friendship with Joy? Does this reassure Warnie?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)