|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lewis take his brother?
(b) A lecture.
(c) Out to dinner.
(d) To a movie.
2. Lewis asks Douglas about whom?
(c) Douglas' father.
3. What type of flower is present at Joy's wedding?
(c) There were no flowers.
4. Joy and Douglas have moved where?
(a) New York.
5. What happens to Joy in this scene?
(a) She is fired from her job.
(b) She tells Lewis she wants a divorce.
(c) She finds out that Lewis loves her.
(d) She collapses in pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lewis doing as the scene opens?
2. What is Lewis talking about as the scene opens?
3. Where are Lewis and Warnie when the scene opens?
4. Lewis assures Warnie of what?
5. In what country is the play set?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lewis do after the party breaks up?
2. What do Joy and Lewis talk about? What does Joy ask Lewis?
3. What do Lewis and Joy joke about? Why do they joke about this topic?
4. Why is everyone cautious in this scene? What are they afraid of?
5. What is Warnie's suggestion about women? What does he mean by this suggestion? Why does he say that he may not know fully?
6. How is Lewis handling the news? What does he say or do that reveal how he is feeling?
7. What does Lewis ask Joy? How does she feel about this request?
8. What does Lewis tell Douglas? What does Douglas ask?
9. What does Lewis discover Joy doing? What news has Joy received?
10. What has Joy asked of Lewis? How did he respond to this request? How do others feel about this?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)