|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Scene 6 opens at what?
(a) A lecture.
(b) A Christmas party.
(c) A hotel restuarant.
(d) A theater play.
2. How old is Lewis at the start of the play?
3. Who is with Lewis as the scene opens?
4. Who initiated the marriage between Lewis and Joy?
5. Lewis and Warnie joke about Joy's what?
(d) Love of books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which college is Lewis from?
2. What does Lewis' participation in the marriage indicate?
3. Lewis is surprised by what in Joy's poetry?
4. Where does scene 3 open?
5. Why does Joy hesitate at Lewis' invitation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Douglas ask Lewis about? What is Lewis' answer?
2. What are the men talking about? How do their views differ?
3. What stereotype does Warnie have about Americans? What does he mean by his statement?
4. What do Lewis and Warnie think before they meet Joy? How do Douglas and the adults react to the meeting?
5. What do Joy and Lewis talk about? What does Joy ask Lewis?
6. What do Lewis and Warnie find when they reach the hospital? What does the doctor tell them?
7. How do the four men feel about Joy's condition and her improvement? How do they handle the news that Joy is improving?
8. What does Lewis tell Joy? How does she respond?
9. What does Lewis do to help ease the tension between him and Joy? What do they discuss?
10. What does the doctor tell Lewis? What mood is Joy in at this time? What do Joy and Lewis discuss?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)