|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which college is Lewis from?
2. What startles Lewis as he works?
(a) The sensation that someone is in the room.
(b) The sound of the doorbell.
(c) A dog barking.
(d) A bird at the window.
3. What do Joy and Lewis joke about?
(a) Their secret marriage.
(b) New York.
(c) English culture.
4. Joy and Douglas have moved where?
(c) New York.
5. What describes the men's humor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does scene 10 open?
2. What does Lewis' participation in the marriage indicate?
3. Who is with Lewis as the scene opens?
4. Scene 3 mentions what at the back of the room?
5. How does Joy respond to the insult?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Harrington, Gregg, and Riley discussing? How do the men and Warnie feel about Joy?
2. What are Lewis and Joy's interactions like? What does Joy do that surprises Lewis?
3. Who startles Lewis? What does this person tell Lewis? How does he feel about the news?
4. What does Lewis ask Douglas about that Douglas doesn't respond to? What does Douglas' lack of response say about the situation?
5. What letter does Lewis receive? What does the scene reveal about the sender?
6. What does Lewis say about his friendship with Joy? Does this reassure Warnie?
7. What does Lewis tell Joy? How does she respond?
8. What does Lewis talk to Douglas about? On what topic does Lewis end the play?
9. What does Lewis do to help ease the tension between him and Joy? What do they discuss?
10. Who is present at the beginning of the scene? What are they discussing? How does Lewis respond to them?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)