|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As scene 5 opens, Lewis and Warnie are preparing for what?
(a) A lecture at Oxford.
(b) Joy's visit.
(c) A trip to France.
2. What surprises Lewis at the party?
(a) A present from Douglas.
(b) Joy's husband.
(c) Joy's poem.
(d) Warnie's confession.
3. Joy and Douglas have moved where?
(b) New York.
4. Lewis says that life is what?
(a) A testing ground for God's children.
(b) A caterpiller becoming a butterfly.
(c) A mere shadow of the next.
(d) A series of misfortunate events.
5. How did Lewis respond to Joy's request?
(a) He tells her to wait for a while.
(b) He agrees.
(c) He ends their friendship.
(d) He says no.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joy hesitate at Lewis' invitation?
2. Where does scene 9 open?
3. Who is skeptical about Joy's intentions?
4. What are Lewis and Warnie doing as scene 7 opens?
5. What does Warnie point out to Lewis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Joy asked of Lewis? How did he respond to this request? How do others feel about this?
2. Where does the scene open? What is happening? Why is the event happening at this office?
3. Who startles Lewis? What does this person tell Lewis? How does he feel about the news?
4. What happens as Lewis goes to leave? What does this event signify?
5. What topic do Lewis, Joy, and Warnie discuss that impacts them all? What decision do they come to?
6. What topic does the conversation turn to after Joy arrives? What does Riley do? How does Joy react?
7. What are Harrington, Gregg, and Riley discussing? How do the men and Warnie feel about Joy?
8. Who is C.S. Lewis? How is he described in the play?
9. What does Lewis tell Joy? How does she respond?
10. Describe the wedding that takes place. What is Douglas doing while the wedding takes place?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)