|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with Lewis as the scene opens?
2. Where does scene four open?
(a) A classroom.
(b) A hotel room.
(c) A dining room.
(d) A tearoom.
3. What does Lewis ask Joy about her return to America?
(a) How she plans to travel to America.
(b) When she'll be returning to see him.
(c) If she'll go to the house she shared with her husband.
(d) If she'll go on a book tour.
4. Where does scene 9 open?
(a) Lewis' home.
(b) The Registrar's office.
(c) Oxford University.
(d) Joy's home.
5. What does Warnie suggest about women?
(a) They are worth their weight in gold.
(b) They are just like men.
(c) They are more interesting in theory than in practice.
(d) They are not worth the bother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Lewis and Warnie doing as scene 7 opens?
2. Who does Joy tell Lewis that he should check with about his plans?
3. What does Joy's son ask Lewis?
4. Who teases Lewis about Joy?
5. What does Lewis promise Joy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Lewis and Joy discuss before she leaves? What does he ask her? What does Joy ask of Lewis?
2. How do the four men feel about Joy's condition and her improvement? How do they handle the news that Joy is improving?
3. What does Lewis talk to Douglas about? On what topic does Lewis end the play?
4. What does Lewis say about pain, suffering, and love? What benefit does he believe that suffering has?
5. What does Lewis do after the party breaks up?
6. What does Lewis ask Joy? How does she feel about this request?
7. What does Lewis do in this scene? Who does he address? What topics does he discuss?
8. What does Douglas ask Lewis about? What is Lewis' answer?
9. What are Lewis and Douglas talking about when the scene opens? What input does Joy give on this topic?
10. What are Warnie and Lewis doing as this scene opens? What does Lewis admit to Warnie?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)