|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does scene four open?
(a) A hotel room.
(b) A dining room.
(c) A classroom.
(d) A tearoom.
2. Including this visit, how many other times have Joy and Douglas been to the Lewis home?
3. What irritates Lewis?
(a) That men and women can't be friends.
(b) That Warnie is interested in Joy.
(c) That he cannot be with Joy.
(d) That there are too many people in the house.
4. Which word best describes the flowers for the wedding?
(a) There were no flowers.
5. Who initiated the marriage between Lewis and Joy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lewis is surprised by what in Joy's poetry?
2. When Lewis enters, he begins to address whom?
3. How old is Lewis at the start of the play?
4. Where does Lewis take his brother?
5. What does Lewis offer to Joy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lewis say about pain, suffering, and love? What benefit does he believe that suffering has?
2. What has Joy asked of Lewis? How did he respond to this request? How do others feel about this?
3. What letter does Lewis receive? What does the scene reveal about the sender?
4. What are Harrington, Gregg, and Riley discussing? How do the men and Warnie feel about Joy?
5. What do Joy and Lewis talk about? What does Joy ask Lewis?
6. What does Lewis declare to Joy? What does he ask of Harrington? How do Harrington and Riley respond to this news?
7. How do Lewis and Warnie feel about Joy's impending visit to their home? Why is she coming?
8. What is Warnie's suggestion about women? What does he mean by this suggestion? Why does he say that he may not know fully?
9. What is Warnie concerned about as the scene opens? Why is he concerned about this?
10. How do the four men feel about Joy's condition and her improvement? How do they handle the news that Joy is improving?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)