|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What startles Lewis as he works?
(a) The sound of the doorbell.
(b) The sensation that someone is in the room.
(c) A dog barking.
(d) A bird at the window.
2. What type of flower is present at Joy's wedding?
(b) There were no flowers.
3. Where does Lewis take his brother?
(a) To a movie.
(b) Out to dinner.
(c) A lecture.
4. Joy shares a national award with whom?
(a) Marilyn Monroe.
(b) Theodore Roosevelt.
(c) Marie Curie.
(d) Robert Frost.
5. What does Lewis offer to Joy?
(a) Money to help her get back to America.
(b) Help with her book.
(c) A place to stay.
(d) To watch Douglas for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Joy's son?
2. Why does Lewis not join Warnie?
3. Lewis and Warnie joke about Joy's what?
4. Why does Joy hesitate at Lewis' invitation?
5. What does Warnie offer to Joy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Riley tell Lewis about? How does Lewis feel about what Riley tells him?
2. What does Lewis do after the party breaks up?
3. Why is everyone cautious in this scene? What are they afraid of?
4. What has Joy asked of Lewis? How did he respond to this request? How do others feel about this?
5. What topic does the conversation turn to after Joy arrives? What does Riley do? How does Joy react?
6. How is Lewis handling the news? What does he say or do that reveal how he is feeling?
7. What do Lewis and Joy joke about? Why do they joke about this topic?
8. What is Joy's homecoming like? What activities does the family engage in?
9. Who is C.S. Lewis? How is he described in the play?
10. What is Warnie concerned about as the scene opens? Why is he concerned about this?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)