|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession are the men in?
2. Who is with Lewis as the scene opens?
3. What is Lewis doing when Warnie enters the room?
(a) Writing letters.
(b) Building a shelf.
(c) Reading the newspaper.
(d) Watching television.
4. In what decade is the play set?
5. Lewis says that God uses what to break through the selfishness of our nature?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lewis says that life is what?
2. Who does Lewis reassure in this chapter that Lewis and Joy are just friends?
3. Who enters the room as Lewis and Warnie talk?
4. Scene 6 opens at what?
5. Where does scene 9 open?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as Lewis goes to leave? What does this event signify?
2. What do Lewis and Joy discuss in the scene? How do they feel after this conversation?
3. What does Lewis do in this scene? Who does he address? What topics does he discuss?
4. What does Lewis tell Douglas? What does Douglas ask?
5. Who is present at the beginning of the scene? What are they discussing? How does Lewis respond to them?
6. Who is C.S. Lewis? How is he described in the play?
7. What letter does Lewis receive? What does the scene reveal about the sender?
8. Describe the wedding that takes place. What is Douglas doing while the wedding takes place?
9. How do Lewis and Warnie feel about Joy's impending visit to their home? Why is she coming?
10. What do the two brothers joke about? What do they decide to do about the letter's request?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)