|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Scene 6 opens at what?
(a) A lecture.
(b) A Christmas party.
(c) A theater play.
(d) A hotel restuarant.
2. Gossip is spreading about what?
(a) Joy and Lewis' friendship.
(b) Joy's divorce.
(c) Warnie's girlfriend.
(d) Douglas' father.
3. What does Joy tell Lewis about Douglas?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He wants to live with his father.
(c) He is failing in school.
(d) He is settling in well.
4. What topic are the men joking about?
5. What type of flower is present at Joy's wedding?
(d) There were no flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joy shares a national award with whom?
2. Who does Joy tell Lewis that he should check with about his plans?
3. What do Lewis and Joy talk about?
4. Lewis assures Warnie of what?
5. Why does Lewis not join Warnie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Joy's homecoming like? What activities does the family engage in?
2. What does Lewis talk to Douglas about? On what topic does Lewis end the play?
3. What does Lewis do after the party breaks up?
4. Who startles Lewis? What does this person tell Lewis? How does he feel about the news?
5. What do the two brothers joke about? What do they decide to do about the letter's request?
6. What are Harrington, Gregg, and Riley discussing? How do the men and Warnie feel about Joy?
7. What is the wedding ceremony like? Describe what happens.
8. What has Joy asked of Lewis? How did he respond to this request? How do others feel about this?
9. What does Douglas ask Lewis about? What is Lewis' answer?
10. What do Lewis and Joy make plans to do? What does Douglas do as they are getting ready to leave?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)