|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lewis and Warnie find that Joy is able to use what?
(a) A wheelchair.
(b) A walker.
(c) A cane.
2. What does the waiter enter the scene with?
(a) A breakfast tray.
(b) A letter.
3. What does the doctor tell Joy and Lewis?
(a) Joy can go home.
(b) A new treatment may help Joy.
(c) Joy has only days to live.
(d) The cancer has spread.
4. What does Lewis ask Harrington?
(a) To take over his teaching.
(b) To stop gossiping about Lewis and Joy.
(c) To marry Lewis and Joy.
(d) To leave him alone.
5. What do Harrington and Riley remind Lewis of?
(a) Douglas already has a father who wants him back if Joy dies.
(b) If he marries Joy, Warnie will disown Lewis.
(c) Joy is a divorced woman so the church won't recognize another marriage.
(d) Joy still loves her husband so she'd just be using Lewis.
6. Who is with Joy as the scene opens?
(d) A nurse.
7. What does Joy apologize for?
(a) Causing worry.
(b) Angering Warnie.
(c) Costing so much money.
(d) Marrying Lewis.
8. What does Joy do after the ceremony?
(b) Has surgery.
(c) Falls asleep.
(d) Talks to Douglas.
9. What does Lewis say is part of the happiness?
10. What does Joy tell Lewis when she wakes?
(a) To take her to the hospital.
(b) To go to bed.
(c) To help her out to the garden.
(d) To get Douglas for her.
11. Douglas asks Lewis if he believes in what?
12. Where do Joy and Lewis go on their honeymoon?
13. Who attempts to encourage Lewis about the situation?
(b) A doctor.
14. What does Douglas pick up and bring to his mother?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A green scarf.
(c) A magic apple.
(d) A glass of water.
15. What does Warnie tell the men?
(a) Lewis is quitting his teaching job.
(b) Joy's health is declining.
(c) Douglas is going back to New York to his father.
(d) Joy's health is improving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lewis declare to the other men?
2. What does Douglas ask Lewis?
3. Who enters the scene?
4. What does Joy ask Lewis to do?
5. What does Lewis tell Joy about her condition?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)