|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men do when Lewis enters the room?
(a) Make their apologies and leave.
(b) Change the subject quickly.
(c) Offer him support.
(d) Congratulate him on the good news.
2. Douglas and Warnie play which game in this scene?
3. What does Harrington expect?
(a) A large hospital bill.
(b) Bill to come back into Joy's life.
(c) Lewis to lose his job.
(d) Joy to die.
4. What does Lewis tell Douglas?
(a) Joy is very sick.
(b) Lewis and Joy are moving to their own home.
(c) Joy is pregnant.
(d) Bill wants Douglas back.
5. What does Lewis tell Joy?
(a) She only has a few days to live.
(b) He wants her to move into his house.
(c) He wants to marry her again.
(d) He has to leave for Paris.
6. What is Lewis asked about?
(a) His day at school.
(b) Joy's house.
(c) The funeral plans.
(d) Joy's condition.
7. Who is with Joy as the scene opens?
(c) A nurse.
8. What do Harrington and Riley remind Lewis of?
(a) Douglas already has a father who wants him back if Joy dies.
(b) If he marries Joy, Warnie will disown Lewis.
(c) Joy still loves her husband so she'd just be using Lewis.
(d) Joy is a divorced woman so the church won't recognize another marriage.
9. What does Lewis tell Warnie?
(a) To take a vacation while Joy gets settled.
(b) To move out so Joy can move in.
(c) To prepare for Joy's death.
(d) To stay in the house.
10. What do Harrington, Gregg, and Riley discuss?
(a) Joy's passing.
(c) Lewis' death.
(d) Lewis' love for Joy.
11. In his speech, which choice does Lewis talk about?
(a) The choice to die himself.
(b) The choice to love Joy.
(c) The choice to leave others behind.
(d) The choice to remember.
12. Why are Lewis and Joy careful in discussing her health?
(a) They don't want to face the bad news.
(b) They don't want to upset Douglas.
(c) They don't understand why Joy is not getting better.
(d) They are afraid to jinx her improvements.
13. What activity does Joy engage in?
(a) Writing a letter.
(b) A crossword puzzle.
(c) Painting on canvas.
14. What illness does Joy have?
(d) Bone cancer.
15. Riley and the others discuss what?
(a) Teaching at the university.
(b) The power of prayer.
(c) Joy's desire to go back to America.
(d) What to do with Douglas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Douglas see open?
2. Who attempts to encourage Lewis about the situation?
3. Joy and Lewis discuss the possibility of what?
4. Who enters at the end of the scene?
5. What does Joy tell Lewis to arrange?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)