|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lewis tell Warnie?
(a) To move out so Joy can move in.
(b) To prepare for Joy's death.
(c) To take a vacation while Joy gets settled.
(d) To stay in the house.
2. Warnie takes Douglas in search of what?
(d) A dog.
3. Scene 4 opens in which location?
(a) Lewis' home.
(b) Joy's home.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The hospital.
4. What does Joy ask Lewis to do?
(a) Divorce her before she dies.
(b) Take care of Douglas when she is gone.
(c) Take her to the US for treatment.
(d) Marry her for real.
5. What does Joy tell Lewis?
(a) She wants to go back to New York.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She is afraid for Douglas.
(d) She wants to be alone.
6. What word best describes Joy's spirits in the scene?
7. What does Lewis tell Douglas?
(a) Joy is pregnant.
(b) Joy is very sick.
(c) Bill wants Douglas back.
(d) Lewis and Joy are moving to their own home.
8. Who is with Joy as the scene opens?
(d) A nurse.
9. What activity does Joy engage in?
(a) Writing a letter.
(c) Painting on canvas.
(d) A crossword puzzle.
10. What does the doctor tell Joy and Lewis?
(a) The cancer has spread.
(b) Joy has only days to live.
(c) A new treatment may help Joy.
(d) Joy can go home.
11. Joy and Lewis discuss the possibility of what?
(a) Moving to Paris.
(b) Having children.
12. What does Joy ask Lewis?
(a) What he will do when she is gone.
(b) If Lewis will care for Douglas.
(c) Where he wants to go on their next vacation.
(d) If they can have another child.
13. What do Harrington and Riley remind Lewis of?
(a) Joy is a divorced woman so the church won't recognize another marriage.
(b) Douglas already has a father who wants him back if Joy dies.
(c) If he marries Joy, Warnie will disown Lewis.
(d) Joy still loves her husband so she'd just be using Lewis.
14. What does Lewis ask Harrington?
(a) To take over his teaching.
(b) To marry Lewis and Joy.
(c) To leave him alone.
(d) To stop gossiping about Lewis and Joy.
15. What does Joy tell Lewis to arrange?
(a) Making sure Warnie is ok with her going to their home.
(b) Her funeral.
(c) Packing Douglas for his trip to New York.
(d) A renewal of their vows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joy do after the ceremony?
2. What do Harrington, Gregg, and Riley discuss?
3. What does Lewis say about Douglas?
4. Lewis is frightened to be happy because of what?
5. Douglas asks Lewis if he believes in what?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)