|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglas see open?
(a) The clouds in the sky.
(b) His mother's eyes.
(c) The hospital window.
(d) The wardrobe door.
2. What does Joy ask Lewis?
(a) If they can have another child.
(b) If Lewis will care for Douglas.
(c) What he will do when she is gone.
(d) Where he wants to go on their next vacation.
3. What topic does Lewis speak of?
(a) Weddings and funerals.
(d) The existence of God.
4. Douglas and Warnie enter the room with whom?
(b) Joy's mother.
(c) A priest.
5. What does Joy tell Lewis to arrange?
(a) A renewal of their vows.
(b) Packing Douglas for his trip to New York.
(c) Making sure Warnie is ok with her going to their home.
(d) Her funeral.
6. What does Lewis tell Warnie?
(a) To stay in the house.
(b) To prepare for Joy's death.
(c) To take a vacation while Joy gets settled.
(d) To move out so Joy can move in.
7. Who is Lewis addressing as this scene opens?
(c) His class.
(d) The audience.
8. What does Lewis say about Douglas?
(a) Douglas is angry with him over Joy's illness.
(b) Douglas is doing well in school.
(c) Douglas is going back to New York.
(d) Lewis is going to take him in if Joy dies.
9. How did Joy first fall in love with Lewis?
(a) At their first meeting.
(b) Through his stories.
(c) By him caring for her during her illness.
(d) Seeing him with Douglas.
10. Lewis is frightened to be happy because of what?
(a) The possibility that Joy may get sick again.
(b) It may anger Warnie.
(c) He fears it will make Joy sad.
(d) The threat that Bill may take Douglas.
11. What does Lewis declare to the other men?
(a) He will marry Joy.
(b) He is moving into Joy's house.
(c) He is already Douglas' father.
(d) He wants to stop teaching to care for Joy.
12. What does Joy tell Lewis?
(a) She wants to go back to New York.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She is afraid for Douglas.
(d) She wants to be alone.
13. Lewis says that he has been unable to do what?
14. What does Lewis tell Joy?
(a) He has to leave for Paris.
(b) He wants to marry her again.
(c) She only has a few days to live.
(d) He wants her to move into his house.
15. What word best describes Joy's spirits in the scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Harrington concerned with?
2. What does Warnie tell the men?
3. What does Lewis ask Harrington?
4. What does Lewis tell Joy about her condition?
5. Douglas asks Lewis if he believes in what?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)