|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters the scene?
(a) Joy and Warnie.
(b) Riley and Warnie.
(c) Warnie and Douglas.
(d) Douglas and Bill.
2. Who is with Joy as the scene opens?
(b) A nurse.
3. In his speech, which choice does Lewis talk about?
(a) The choice to die himself.
(b) The choice to remember.
(c) The choice to leave others behind.
(d) The choice to love Joy.
4. Where do Joy and Lewis go on their honeymoon?
5. Douglas and Warnie play which game in this scene?
6. Who enters at the end of the scene?
(a) The nurse and doctor.
(b) Lewis and Warnie.
7. How did Joy first fall in love with Lewis?
(a) Through his stories.
(b) By him caring for her during her illness.
(c) At their first meeting.
(d) Seeing him with Douglas.
8. What does Lewis tell Joy?
(a) She only has a few days to live.
(b) He has to leave for Paris.
(c) He wants her to move into his house.
(d) He wants to marry her again.
9. What does Lewis tell Harrington?
(a) Lewis will not to marry Joy after Harrington's concern.
(b) Lewis will let Douglas go back to his father.
(c) Lewis will find someone else for the wedding.
(d) Lewis is going to quit teaching.
10. Warnie takes Douglas in search of what?
(c) A dog.
11. What does Lewis talk to Douglas about?
(a) His own mother's death.
(b) The passage of time.
(c) Joy's illness.
(d) Staying in England.
12. What does Joy ask Lewis to do?
(a) Take her to the US for treatment.
(b) Marry her for real.
(c) Take care of Douglas when she is gone.
(d) Divorce her before she dies.
13. What do Harrington, Gregg, and Riley discuss?
(a) Joy's passing.
(b) Lewis' death.
(d) Lewis' love for Joy.
14. Who is discussing Joy's condition as the scene opens?
(a) Harrington and Riley.
(b) Douglas and Warnie.
(c) Joy and Lewis.
(d) Douglas and Lewis.
15. Riley and the others discuss what?
(a) What to do with Douglas.
(b) The power of prayer.
(c) Joy's desire to go back to America.
(d) Teaching at the university.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event opens scene 8?
2. What does Joy ask Lewis?
3. Who follows after Lewis when he excuses himself?
4. What does Harrington expect?
5. What does Lewis declare to the other men?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)