|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lewis and Joy discuss?
(a) Her improving health.
(b) Lewis' house.
(c) Douglas' school.
(d) Her funeral.
2. What does Joy apologize for?
(a) Costing so much money.
(b) Marrying Lewis.
(c) Angering Warnie.
(d) Causing worry.
3. What do Lewis and Joy talk about?
(a) Her funeral.
(b) Her pain.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Their wedding.
4. What does Warnie tell the men?
(a) Douglas is going back to New York to his father.
(b) Joy's health is declining.
(c) Joy's health is improving.
(d) Lewis is quitting his teaching job.
5. What does Lewis tell Harrington?
(a) Lewis will not to marry Joy after Harrington's concern.
(b) Lewis will let Douglas go back to his father.
(c) Lewis is going to quit teaching.
(d) Lewis will find someone else for the wedding.
6. What does Joy ask Lewis?
(a) If they can go to Africa on a honeymoon.
(b) If she'll have to return the ring if she gets better.
(c) If he'll move in with her after her surgery.
(d) If he'll keep her ring until she is out of the hospital.
7. What does Lewis talk to Douglas about?
(a) The passage of time.
(b) Staying in England.
(c) His own mother's death.
(d) Joy's illness.
8. Douglas asks Lewis if he believes in what?
9. Joy and Lewis discuss the possibility of what?
(c) Having children.
(d) Moving to Paris.
10. In his speech, which choice does Lewis talk about?
(a) The choice to die himself.
(b) The choice to leave others behind.
(c) The choice to remember.
(d) The choice to love Joy.
11. What illness does Joy have?
(d) Bone cancer.
12. What does Lewis declare to the other men?
(a) He will marry Joy.
(b) He is already Douglas' father.
(c) He is moving into Joy's house.
(d) He wants to stop teaching to care for Joy.
13. Scene 4 opens in which location?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) The hospital.
(c) Joy's home.
(d) Lewis' home.
14. How did Joy first fall in love with Lewis?
(a) Seeing him with Douglas.
(b) Through his stories.
(c) By him caring for her during her illness.
(d) At their first meeting.
15. Who is Lewis addressing as this scene opens?
(a) The audience.
(b) His class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men do when Lewis enters the room?
2. What does Douglas ask Lewis?
3. What does Joy ask Lewis to do?
4. Warnie takes Douglas in search of what?
5. Who follows after Lewis when he excuses himself?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)