|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Riley and the others discuss what?
(a) Teaching at the university.
(b) What to do with Douglas.
(c) The power of prayer.
(d) Joy's desire to go back to America.
2. Who follows after Lewis when he excuses himself?
3. Lewis is frightened to be happy because of what?
(a) He fears it will make Joy sad.
(b) The threat that Bill may take Douglas.
(c) The possibility that Joy may get sick again.
(d) It may anger Warnie.
4. What does Lewis tell Joy?
(a) He wants her to move into his house.
(b) She only has a few days to live.
(c) He wants to marry her again.
(d) He has to leave for Paris.
5. What does Lewis tell Douglas?
(a) Joy is very sick.
(b) Bill wants Douglas back.
(c) Joy is pregnant.
(d) Lewis and Joy are moving to their own home.
6. What illness does Joy have?
(a) Bone cancer.
7. What is Harrington concerned with?
(a) The cost of the hospital.
(c) Lewis' health.
8. What does Lewis tell Joy about her condition?
(a) Doctors suspect she will not survive.
(b) Doctors say they are hopeful for remission.
(c) Doctors say that she will need a long treatment in order to recover.
(d) Doctors say that she will recover fully.
9. What does Joy do after the ceremony?
(a) Falls asleep.
(b) Talks to Douglas.
(c) Has surgery.
10. In his speech, which choice does Lewis talk about?
(a) The choice to love Joy.
(b) The choice to leave others behind.
(c) The choice to remember.
(d) The choice to die himself.
11. What does Lewis say about Douglas?
(a) Douglas is angry with him over Joy's illness.
(b) Lewis is going to take him in if Joy dies.
(c) Douglas is going back to New York.
(d) Douglas is doing well in school.
12. What do Lewis and Joy talk about?
(a) Her funeral.
(b) Their wedding.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her pain.
13. Douglas and Warnie play which game in this scene?
14. What does the doctor tell Joy and Lewis?
(a) Joy can go home.
(b) The cancer has spread.
(c) Joy has only days to live.
(d) A new treatment may help Joy.
15. What does Lewis tell Harrington?
(a) Lewis will find someone else for the wedding.
(b) Lewis will let Douglas go back to his father.
(c) Lewis is going to quit teaching.
(d) Lewis will not to marry Joy after Harrington's concern.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lewis ask Harrington?
2. Who enters at the end of the scene?
3. What does Joy ask Lewis to do?
4. Who is Lewis addressing as this scene opens?
5. What word best describes Joy's spirits in the scene?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)