|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attempts to encourage Lewis about the situation?
(c) A doctor.
2. What does Joy tell Lewis when she wakes?
(a) To help her out to the garden.
(b) To get Douglas for her.
(c) To go to bed.
(d) To take her to the hospital.
3. What word best describes Joy's spirits in the scene?
4. Warnie takes Douglas in search of what?
(b) A dog.
5. Douglas and Warnie play which game in this scene?
6. What is Harrington concerned with?
(a) The cost of the hospital.
(b) Lewis' health.
7. Lewis says that he has been unable to do what?
8. What illness does Joy have?
(a) Bone cancer.
9. Lewis and Warnie find that Joy is able to use what?
(a) A cane.
(b) A wheelchair.
(d) A walker.
10. What do Lewis and Joy discuss?
(a) Douglas' school.
(b) Her improving health.
(c) Her funeral.
(d) Lewis' house.
11. What does Harrington expect?
(a) Bill to come back into Joy's life.
(b) A large hospital bill.
(c) Lewis to lose his job.
(d) Joy to die.
12. What does Joy do after the ceremony?
(b) Talks to Douglas.
(c) Falls asleep.
(d) Has surgery.
13. What does Warnie tell the men?
(a) Joy's health is declining.
(b) Douglas is going back to New York to his father.
(c) Joy's health is improving.
(d) Lewis is quitting his teaching job.
14. Lewis is frightened to be happy because of what?
(a) It may anger Warnie.
(b) The threat that Bill may take Douglas.
(c) The possibility that Joy may get sick again.
(d) He fears it will make Joy sad.
15. What do Harrington, Gregg, and Riley discuss?
(b) Joy's passing.
(c) Lewis' death.
(d) Lewis' love for Joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event opens scene 8?
2. Scene 4 opens in which location?
3. What indicates the passing of time in this scene?
4. What does Lewis talk to Douglas about?
5. Who follows after Lewis when he excuses himself?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)