|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with Joy as the scene opens?
(d) A nurse.
2. What do Harrington, Gregg, and Riley discuss?
(a) Lewis' love for Joy.
(b) Joy's passing.
(d) Lewis' death.
3. What does Lewis tell Douglas?
(a) Lewis and Joy are moving to their own home.
(b) Joy is pregnant.
(c) Bill wants Douglas back.
(d) Joy is very sick.
4. What does the waiter enter the scene with?
(a) A letter.
(d) A breakfast tray.
5. Warnie and what other person express concern for Lewis?
6. What do Lewis and Joy talk about?
(a) Her pain.
(b) Their wedding.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her funeral.
7. Joy and Lewis discuss the possibility of what?
(a) Moving to Paris.
(d) Having children.
8. Who is discussing Joy's condition as the scene opens?
(a) Douglas and Lewis.
(b) Harrington and Riley.
(c) Joy and Lewis.
(d) Douglas and Warnie.
9. Douglas and Warnie enter the room with whom?
(a) A priest.
(d) Joy's mother.
10. Warnie takes Douglas in search of what?
(d) A dog.
11. How did Joy first fall in love with Lewis?
(a) By him caring for her during her illness.
(b) Through his stories.
(c) At their first meeting.
(d) Seeing him with Douglas.
12. What does Joy tell Lewis to arrange?
(a) A renewal of their vows.
(b) Making sure Warnie is ok with her going to their home.
(c) Packing Douglas for his trip to New York.
(d) Her funeral.
13. What does Joy ask Lewis?
(a) Where he wants to go on their next vacation.
(b) If Lewis will care for Douglas.
(c) What he will do when she is gone.
(d) If they can have another child.
14. What does Lewis talk to Douglas about?
(a) His own mother's death.
(b) Joy's illness.
(c) The passage of time.
(d) Staying in England.
15. What does Douglas pick up and bring to his mother?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A magic apple.
(c) A glass of water.
(d) A green scarf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Joy have?
2. What do Harrington and Riley remind Lewis of?
3. What does Lewis tell Joy about her condition?
4. What is Lewis asked about?
5. What word best describes Joy's spirits in the scene?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)