|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joy and Lewis discuss the possibility of what?
(b) Moving to Paris.
(d) Having children.
2. What does Lewis ask Harrington?
(a) To marry Lewis and Joy.
(b) To stop gossiping about Lewis and Joy.
(c) To leave him alone.
(d) To take over his teaching.
3. What event opens scene 8?
(a) Joy and Lewis' wedding.
(b) Douglas' graduation.
(c) Joy's funeral.
(d) Joy's return home from the hospital.
4. What does Douglas ask Lewis?
(a) If he can go to Brussels with Warnie.
(b) If Joy is going to die.
(c) Whether he can stay in England.
(d) If Lewis loves him.
5. What does Douglas see open?
(a) His mother's eyes.
(b) The clouds in the sky.
(c) The wardrobe door.
(d) The hospital window.
6. What does Joy tell Lewis when she wakes?
(a) To take her to the hospital.
(b) To help her out to the garden.
(c) To go to bed.
(d) To get Douglas for her.
7. What indicates the passing of time in this scene?
(a) A clock on the wall.
(b) Snow falling from the sky.
(c) A gold timepiece.
(d) Changing light.
8. Scene 4 opens in which location?
(a) The hospital.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) Lewis' home.
(d) Joy's home.
9. What do Lewis and Joy talk about?
(a) Her funeral.
(b) Her pain.
(c) Their wedding.
(d) Her mother.
10. What does Lewis tell Joy about her condition?
(a) Doctors say that she will need a long treatment in order to recover.
(b) Doctors say that she will recover fully.
(c) Doctors suspect she will not survive.
(d) Doctors say they are hopeful for remission.
11. What does Joy tell Lewis to arrange?
(a) A renewal of their vows.
(b) Packing Douglas for his trip to New York.
(c) Her funeral.
(d) Making sure Warnie is ok with her going to their home.
12. Who enters the scene?
(a) Warnie and Douglas.
(b) Riley and Warnie.
(c) Douglas and Bill.
(d) Joy and Warnie.
13. Who is with Joy as the scene opens?
(c) A nurse.
14. Where do Joy and Lewis go on their honeymoon?
15. What is Harrington concerned with?
(b) The cost of the hospital.
(c) Lewis' health.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters at the end of the scene?
2. What do Harrington and Riley remind Lewis of?
3. What does Douglas pick up and bring to his mother?
4. How did Joy first fall in love with Lewis?
5. What does Lewis say is part of the happiness?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)