|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lewis and Joy discuss?
(a) Lewis' house.
(b) Her improving health.
(c) Her funeral.
(d) Douglas' school.
2. What does Lewis say about Douglas?
(a) Douglas is going back to New York.
(b) Douglas is angry with him over Joy's illness.
(c) Lewis is going to take him in if Joy dies.
(d) Douglas is doing well in school.
3. What do Lewis and Joy talk about?
(a) Her pain.
(b) Her funeral.
(c) Their wedding.
(d) Her mother.
4. What activity does Joy engage in?
(a) Painting on canvas.
(b) A crossword puzzle.
(d) Writing a letter.
5. What does Joy tell Lewis when she wakes?
(a) To help her out to the garden.
(b) To go to bed.
(c) To get Douglas for her.
(d) To take her to the hospital.
6. Douglas and Warnie enter the room with whom?
(b) Joy's mother.
(d) A priest.
7. What does Joy tell Lewis to arrange?
(a) Her funeral.
(b) A renewal of their vows.
(c) Packing Douglas for his trip to New York.
(d) Making sure Warnie is ok with her going to their home.
8. What indicates the passing of time in this scene?
(a) Changing light.
(b) Snow falling from the sky.
(c) A clock on the wall.
(d) A gold timepiece.
9. What does Warnie tell the men?
(a) Douglas is going back to New York to his father.
(b) Joy's health is improving.
(c) Joy's health is declining.
(d) Lewis is quitting his teaching job.
10. Who enters at the end of the scene?
(a) Lewis and Warnie.
(c) The nurse and doctor.
11. What does Lewis tell Joy about her condition?
(a) Doctors suspect she will not survive.
(b) Doctors say they are hopeful for remission.
(c) Doctors say that she will need a long treatment in order to recover.
(d) Doctors say that she will recover fully.
12. How did Joy first fall in love with Lewis?
(a) At their first meeting.
(b) Through his stories.
(c) Seeing him with Douglas.
(d) By him caring for her during her illness.
13. What does the waiter enter the scene with?
(a) A letter.
(b) A breakfast tray.
14. Scene 4 opens in which location?
(a) Lewis' home.
(b) The hospital.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) Joy's home.
15. Warnie and what other person express concern for Lewis?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lewis declare to the other men?
2. What does Harrington expect?
3. Lewis says that he has been unable to do what?
4. Who follows after Lewis when he excuses himself?
5. Why are Lewis and Joy careful in discussing her health?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)