|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglas ask Lewis?
(a) If Joy is going to die.
(b) If Lewis loves him.
(c) Whether he can stay in England.
(d) If he can go to Brussels with Warnie.
2. Who is with Joy as the scene opens?
(b) A nurse.
3. Scene 4 opens in which location?
(a) The hospital.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) Lewis' home.
(d) Joy's home.
4. Where do Joy and Lewis go on their honeymoon?
5. What does Joy ask Lewis to do?
(a) Marry her for real.
(b) Take care of Douglas when she is gone.
(c) Divorce her before she dies.
(d) Take her to the US for treatment.
6. Who is discussing Joy's condition as the scene opens?
(a) Douglas and Warnie.
(b) Douglas and Lewis.
(c) Joy and Lewis.
(d) Harrington and Riley.
7. Lewis says that he has been unable to do what?
8. What word best describes Joy's spirits in the scene?
9. Who attempts to encourage Lewis about the situation?
(c) A doctor.
10. Joy and Lewis discuss the possibility of what?
(c) Moving to Paris.
(d) Having children.
11. What does Lewis tell Harrington?
(a) Lewis will find someone else for the wedding.
(b) Lewis will let Douglas go back to his father.
(c) Lewis will not to marry Joy after Harrington's concern.
(d) Lewis is going to quit teaching.
12. What illness does Joy have?
(a) Bone cancer.
13. What does Lewis tell Warnie?
(a) To prepare for Joy's death.
(b) To stay in the house.
(c) To move out so Joy can move in.
(d) To take a vacation while Joy gets settled.
14. Who enters at the end of the scene?
(a) The nurse and doctor.
(b) Lewis and Warnie.
15. What activity does Joy engage in?
(b) Painting on canvas.
(c) A crossword puzzle.
(d) Writing a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men do when Lewis enters the room?
2. What does Warnie tell the men?
3. What does Lewis tell Douglas?
4. What does Joy ask Lewis?
5. Why are Lewis and Joy careful in discussing her health?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)