|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lewis tell Douglas?
(a) Bill wants Douglas back.
(b) Joy is very sick.
(c) Joy is pregnant.
(d) Lewis and Joy are moving to their own home.
2. What does Lewis ask Harrington?
(a) To marry Lewis and Joy.
(b) To leave him alone.
(c) To stop gossiping about Lewis and Joy.
(d) To take over his teaching.
3. What does Lewis tell Joy?
(a) She only has a few days to live.
(b) He wants to marry her again.
(c) He wants her to move into his house.
(d) He has to leave for Paris.
4. Douglas asks Lewis if he believes in what?
5. Douglas and Warnie play which game in this scene?
6. What does Joy tell Lewis?
(a) She is afraid for Douglas.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She wants to go back to New York.
(d) She wants to be alone.
7. Riley and the others discuss what?
(a) The power of prayer.
(b) Teaching at the university.
(c) What to do with Douglas.
(d) Joy's desire to go back to America.
8. What do Harrington and Riley remind Lewis of?
(a) Joy still loves her husband so she'd just be using Lewis.
(b) Joy is a divorced woman so the church won't recognize another marriage.
(c) If he marries Joy, Warnie will disown Lewis.
(d) Douglas already has a father who wants him back if Joy dies.
9. Who follows after Lewis when he excuses himself?
10. Warnie takes Douglas in search of what?
(c) A dog.
11. Who is Lewis addressing as this scene opens?
(b) His class.
(d) The audience.
12. What does Lewis tell Warnie?
(a) To move out so Joy can move in.
(b) To prepare for Joy's death.
(c) To stay in the house.
(d) To take a vacation while Joy gets settled.
13. What does Joy ask Lewis?
(a) If they can go to Africa on a honeymoon.
(b) If he'll keep her ring until she is out of the hospital.
(c) If she'll have to return the ring if she gets better.
(d) If he'll move in with her after her surgery.
14. Who enters the scene?
(a) Riley and Warnie.
(b) Douglas and Bill.
(c) Warnie and Douglas.
(d) Joy and Warnie.
15. What does Warnie tell the men?
(a) Lewis is quitting his teaching job.
(b) Joy's health is improving.
(c) Joy's health is declining.
(d) Douglas is going back to New York to his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lewis and Warnie find that Joy is able to use what?
2. Scene 4 opens in which location?
3. What does Joy tell Lewis to arrange?
4. What does Harrington expect?
5. What does Joy apologize for?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)