|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joy tell Lewis?
(a) She is afraid for Douglas.
(b) She wants to be alone.
(c) She wants to go back to New York.
(d) She loves him.
2. How did Joy first fall in love with Lewis?
(a) Seeing him with Douglas.
(b) By him caring for her during her illness.
(c) At their first meeting.
(d) Through his stories.
3. What does Douglas see open?
(a) The hospital window.
(b) The wardrobe door.
(c) The clouds in the sky.
(d) His mother's eyes.
4. Who is discussing Joy's condition as the scene opens?
(a) Douglas and Warnie.
(b) Joy and Lewis.
(c) Harrington and Riley.
(d) Douglas and Lewis.
5. Douglas and Warnie enter the room with whom?
(a) Joy's mother.
(d) A priest.
6. Douglas asks Lewis if he believes in what?
7. What is Lewis asked about?
(a) His day at school.
(b) Joy's condition.
(c) The funeral plans.
(d) Joy's house.
8. What does Lewis talk to Douglas about?
(a) The passage of time.
(b) His own mother's death.
(c) Staying in England.
(d) Joy's illness.
9. What does Lewis say is part of the happiness?
10. What does Lewis tell Joy about her condition?
(a) Doctors say that she will need a long treatment in order to recover.
(b) Doctors say that she will recover fully.
(c) Doctors say they are hopeful for remission.
(d) Doctors suspect she will not survive.
11. Riley and the others discuss what?
(a) What to do with Douglas.
(b) The power of prayer.
(c) Joy's desire to go back to America.
(d) Teaching at the university.
12. What does Lewis tell Harrington?
(a) Lewis will find someone else for the wedding.
(b) Lewis will let Douglas go back to his father.
(c) Lewis will not to marry Joy after Harrington's concern.
(d) Lewis is going to quit teaching.
13. Lewis says that he has been unable to do what?
14. What does Joy apologize for?
(a) Costing so much money.
(b) Angering Warnie.
(c) Marrying Lewis.
(d) Causing worry.
15. What does the waiter enter the scene with?
(c) A breakfast tray.
(d) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lewis ask Harrington?
2. What does the doctor tell Joy and Lewis?
3. What does Joy tell Lewis to arrange?
4. What does Joy ask Lewis?
5. Who attempts to encourage Lewis about the situation?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)