|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglas ask Lewis?
(a) If he can go to Brussels with Warnie.
(b) If Joy is going to die.
(c) Whether he can stay in England.
(d) If Lewis loves him.
2. Douglas asks Lewis if he believes in what?
3. Joy and Lewis discuss the possibility of what?
(c) Having children.
(d) Moving to Paris.
4. What do Harrington and Riley remind Lewis of?
(a) Joy is a divorced woman so the church won't recognize another marriage.
(b) Joy still loves her husband so she'd just be using Lewis.
(c) If he marries Joy, Warnie will disown Lewis.
(d) Douglas already has a father who wants him back if Joy dies.
5. What does Joy ask Lewis?
(a) If he'll move in with her after her surgery.
(b) If he'll keep her ring until she is out of the hospital.
(c) If they can go to Africa on a honeymoon.
(d) If she'll have to return the ring if she gets better.
6. Who is Lewis addressing as this scene opens?
(b) The audience.
(c) His class.
7. What does Douglas pick up and bring to his mother?
(a) A glass of water.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A green scarf.
(d) A magic apple.
8. What is Harrington concerned with?
(a) Lewis' health.
(d) The cost of the hospital.
9. What activity does Joy engage in?
(a) Painting on canvas.
(b) A crossword puzzle.
(d) Writing a letter.
10. What topic does Lewis speak of?
(a) Weddings and funerals.
(d) The existence of God.
11. What is Lewis asked about?
(a) Joy's house.
(b) The funeral plans.
(c) His day at school.
(d) Joy's condition.
12. What does Lewis say about Douglas?
(a) Douglas is going back to New York.
(b) Douglas is doing well in school.
(c) Douglas is angry with him over Joy's illness.
(d) Lewis is going to take him in if Joy dies.
13. What indicates the passing of time in this scene?
(a) Snow falling from the sky.
(b) A gold timepiece.
(c) Changing light.
(d) A clock on the wall.
14. Why are Lewis and Joy careful in discussing her health?
(a) They don't understand why Joy is not getting better.
(b) They are afraid to jinx her improvements.
(c) They don't want to upset Douglas.
(d) They don't want to face the bad news.
15. What does the waiter enter the scene with?
(a) A letter.
(b) A breakfast tray.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lewis tell Warnie?
2. What does Warnie tell the men?
3. Lewis and Warnie find that Joy is able to use what?
4. Who attempts to encourage Lewis about the situation?
5. What does Harrington expect?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)