|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joy ask Lewis?
(a) If he'll move in with her after her surgery.
(b) If she'll have to return the ring if she gets better.
(c) If they can go to Africa on a honeymoon.
(d) If he'll keep her ring until she is out of the hospital.
2. What do Lewis and Joy discuss?
(a) Her improving health.
(b) Her funeral.
(c) Douglas' school.
(d) Lewis' house.
3. What indicates the passing of time in this scene?
(a) Snow falling from the sky.
(b) A clock on the wall.
(c) A gold timepiece.
(d) Changing light.
4. What does Warnie tell the men?
(a) Lewis is quitting his teaching job.
(b) Douglas is going back to New York to his father.
(c) Joy's health is declining.
(d) Joy's health is improving.
5. What does Joy do after the ceremony?
(a) Falls asleep.
(b) Has surgery.
(d) Talks to Douglas.
6. What word best describes Joy's spirits in the scene?
7. What activity does Joy engage in?
(a) Painting on canvas.
(c) A crossword puzzle.
(d) Writing a letter.
8. What do Harrington and Riley remind Lewis of?
(a) Douglas already has a father who wants him back if Joy dies.
(b) If he marries Joy, Warnie will disown Lewis.
(c) Joy still loves her husband so she'd just be using Lewis.
(d) Joy is a divorced woman so the church won't recognize another marriage.
9. What does Lewis say about Douglas?
(a) Douglas is doing well in school.
(b) Lewis is going to take him in if Joy dies.
(c) Douglas is angry with him over Joy's illness.
(d) Douglas is going back to New York.
10. Scene 4 opens in which location?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) Joy's home.
(c) The hospital.
(d) Lewis' home.
11. What does Lewis declare to the other men?
(a) He is moving into Joy's house.
(b) He is already Douglas' father.
(c) He wants to stop teaching to care for Joy.
(d) He will marry Joy.
12. Who enters at the end of the scene?
(b) Lewis and Warnie.
(c) The nurse and doctor.
13. Who attempts to encourage Lewis about the situation?
(a) A doctor.
14. Warnie and what other person express concern for Lewis?
15. What does the waiter enter the scene with?
(b) A breakfast tray.
(c) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lewis tell Joy about her condition?
2. Lewis and Warnie find that Joy is able to use what?
3. What does Lewis ask Harrington?
4. Riley and the others discuss what?
5. What does Joy ask Lewis?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)