|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Scene 4 opens in which location?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) The hospital.
(c) Joy's home.
(d) Lewis' home.
2. What does Warnie tell the men?
(a) Joy's health is improving.
(b) Lewis is quitting his teaching job.
(c) Douglas is going back to New York to his father.
(d) Joy's health is declining.
3. What does Joy tell Lewis to arrange?
(a) Making sure Warnie is ok with her going to their home.
(b) A renewal of their vows.
(c) Her funeral.
(d) Packing Douglas for his trip to New York.
4. Joy and Lewis discuss the possibility of what?
(b) Having children.
(d) Moving to Paris.
5. Who follows after Lewis when he excuses himself?
6. Douglas asks Lewis if he believes in what?
7. Lewis is frightened to be happy because of what?
(a) It may anger Warnie.
(b) The possibility that Joy may get sick again.
(c) The threat that Bill may take Douglas.
(d) He fears it will make Joy sad.
8. Who attempts to encourage Lewis about the situation?
(d) A doctor.
9. What does Joy ask Lewis?
(a) If she'll have to return the ring if she gets better.
(b) If they can go to Africa on a honeymoon.
(c) If he'll keep her ring until she is out of the hospital.
(d) If he'll move in with her after her surgery.
10. In his speech, which choice does Lewis talk about?
(a) The choice to leave others behind.
(b) The choice to die himself.
(c) The choice to remember.
(d) The choice to love Joy.
11. Where do Joy and Lewis go on their honeymoon?
12. What does Lewis declare to the other men?
(a) He wants to stop teaching to care for Joy.
(b) He is moving into Joy's house.
(c) He is already Douglas' father.
(d) He will marry Joy.
13. What is Harrington concerned with?
(a) The cost of the hospital.
(c) Lewis' health.
14. What does Lewis tell Joy?
(a) He has to leave for Paris.
(b) He wants to marry her again.
(c) He wants her to move into his house.
(d) She only has a few days to live.
15. What does Lewis say about Douglas?
(a) Douglas is doing well in school.
(b) Lewis is going to take him in if Joy dies.
(c) Douglas is going back to New York.
(d) Douglas is angry with him over Joy's illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Lewis and Joy careful in discussing her health?
2. What does Lewis say is part of the happiness?
3. Lewis and Warnie find that Joy is able to use what?
4. How did Joy first fall in love with Lewis?
5. Warnie and what other person express concern for Lewis?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)