|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lewis and Joy talk about?
(a) Her pain.
(b) Their wedding.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her funeral.
2. How did Joy first fall in love with Lewis?
(a) Seeing him with Douglas.
(b) At their first meeting.
(c) Through his stories.
(d) By him caring for her during her illness.
3. Scene 4 opens in which location?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) Lewis' home.
(c) Joy's home.
(d) The hospital.
4. Who enters at the end of the scene?
(a) The nurse and doctor.
(d) Lewis and Warnie.
5. What does Lewis say about Douglas?
(a) Douglas is going back to New York.
(b) Douglas is angry with him over Joy's illness.
(c) Lewis is going to take him in if Joy dies.
(d) Douglas is doing well in school.
6. Who attempts to encourage Lewis about the situation?
(c) A doctor.
7. What do Lewis and Joy discuss?
(a) Her improving health.
(b) Her funeral.
(c) Lewis' house.
(d) Douglas' school.
8. What does Joy apologize for?
(a) Causing worry.
(b) Costing so much money.
(c) Marrying Lewis.
(d) Angering Warnie.
9. What does Joy ask Lewis to do?
(a) Take care of Douglas when she is gone.
(b) Divorce her before she dies.
(c) Marry her for real.
(d) Take her to the US for treatment.
10. What does the waiter enter the scene with?
(c) A breakfast tray.
(d) A letter.
11. What does Lewis tell Warnie?
(a) To take a vacation while Joy gets settled.
(b) To move out so Joy can move in.
(c) To stay in the house.
(d) To prepare for Joy's death.
12. Lewis says that he has been unable to do what?
13. Lewis is frightened to be happy because of what?
(a) It may anger Warnie.
(b) The possibility that Joy may get sick again.
(c) He fears it will make Joy sad.
(d) The threat that Bill may take Douglas.
14. In his speech, which choice does Lewis talk about?
(a) The choice to leave others behind.
(b) The choice to remember.
(c) The choice to die himself.
(d) The choice to love Joy.
15. Douglas and Warnie enter the room with whom?
(a) Joy's mother.
(b) A priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lewis ask Harrington?
2. Riley and the others discuss what?
3. What does Lewis talk to Douglas about?
4. What event opens scene 8?
5. What illness does Joy have?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)