|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters at the end of the scene?
(c) The nurse and doctor.
(d) Lewis and Warnie.
2. What is Harrington concerned with?
(a) The cost of the hospital.
(b) Lewis' health.
3. What do the men do when Lewis enters the room?
(a) Make their apologies and leave.
(b) Change the subject quickly.
(c) Offer him support.
(d) Congratulate him on the good news.
4. What does the doctor tell Joy and Lewis?
(a) Joy has only days to live.
(b) Joy can go home.
(c) A new treatment may help Joy.
(d) The cancer has spread.
5. What does Lewis ask Harrington?
(a) To marry Lewis and Joy.
(b) To leave him alone.
(c) To take over his teaching.
(d) To stop gossiping about Lewis and Joy.
6. What does Lewis tell Warnie?
(a) To move out so Joy can move in.
(b) To stay in the house.
(c) To prepare for Joy's death.
(d) To take a vacation while Joy gets settled.
7. Who attempts to encourage Lewis about the situation?
(b) A doctor.
8. What does Harrington expect?
(a) A large hospital bill.
(b) Bill to come back into Joy's life.
(c) Lewis to lose his job.
(d) Joy to die.
9. What does Lewis talk to Douglas about?
(a) Staying in England.
(b) Joy's illness.
(c) The passage of time.
(d) His own mother's death.
10. What activity does Joy engage in?
(a) A crossword puzzle.
(c) Writing a letter.
(d) Painting on canvas.
11. What does Joy tell Lewis to arrange?
(a) Making sure Warnie is ok with her going to their home.
(b) A renewal of their vows.
(c) Packing Douglas for his trip to New York.
(d) Her funeral.
12. What does Lewis tell Douglas?
(a) Joy is very sick.
(b) Lewis and Joy are moving to their own home.
(c) Joy is pregnant.
(d) Bill wants Douglas back.
13. Joy and Lewis discuss the possibility of what?
(b) Moving to Paris.
(c) Having children.
14. What does Douglas see open?
(a) The hospital window.
(b) The wardrobe door.
(c) His mother's eyes.
(d) The clouds in the sky.
15. Who follows after Lewis when he excuses himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Douglas ask Lewis?
2. Lewis and Warnie find that Joy is able to use what?
3. Who is discussing Joy's condition as the scene opens?
4. What do Lewis and Joy discuss?
5. What does Warnie tell the men?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)