|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lewis and Joy discuss?
(a) Lewis' house.
(b) Her funeral.
(c) Her improving health.
(d) Douglas' school.
2. What does Joy tell Lewis?
(a) She wants to go back to New York.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She wants to be alone.
(d) She is afraid for Douglas.
3. Who is discussing Joy's condition as the scene opens?
(a) Joy and Lewis.
(b) Harrington and Riley.
(c) Douglas and Warnie.
(d) Douglas and Lewis.
4. What does Lewis tell Joy about her condition?
(a) Doctors say that she will need a long treatment in order to recover.
(b) Doctors suspect she will not survive.
(c) Doctors say that she will recover fully.
(d) Doctors say they are hopeful for remission.
5. Who follows after Lewis when he excuses himself?
6. What illness does Joy have?
(b) Bone cancer.
7. Who is with Joy as the scene opens?
(c) A nurse.
8. What is Lewis asked about?
(a) His day at school.
(b) Joy's condition.
(c) The funeral plans.
(d) Joy's house.
9. Warnie takes Douglas in search of what?
(c) A dog.
10. What does Lewis ask Harrington?
(a) To take over his teaching.
(b) To leave him alone.
(c) To stop gossiping about Lewis and Joy.
(d) To marry Lewis and Joy.
11. Lewis and Warnie find that Joy is able to use what?
(a) A walker.
(b) A wheelchair.
(c) A cane.
12. What does Joy ask Lewis to do?
(a) Take care of Douglas when she is gone.
(b) Take her to the US for treatment.
(c) Marry her for real.
(d) Divorce her before she dies.
13. What event opens scene 8?
(a) Joy and Lewis' wedding.
(b) Douglas' graduation.
(c) Joy's return home from the hospital.
(d) Joy's funeral.
14. What does Joy ask Lewis?
(a) Where he wants to go on their next vacation.
(b) If Lewis will care for Douglas.
(c) What he will do when she is gone.
(d) If they can have another child.
15. What does the waiter enter the scene with?
(a) A letter.
(b) A breakfast tray.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Harrington, Gregg, and Riley discuss?
2. How did Joy first fall in love with Lewis?
3. Who attempts to encourage Lewis about the situation?
4. Where do Joy and Lewis go on their honeymoon?
5. What does Joy apologize for?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)