|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lewis is frightened to be happy because of what?
(a) The threat that Bill may take Douglas.
(b) It may anger Warnie.
(c) He fears it will make Joy sad.
(d) The possibility that Joy may get sick again.
2. What is Lewis asked about?
(a) Joy's condition.
(b) The funeral plans.
(c) Joy's house.
(d) His day at school.
3. Riley and the others discuss what?
(a) The power of prayer.
(b) Teaching at the university.
(c) What to do with Douglas.
(d) Joy's desire to go back to America.
4. In his speech, which choice does Lewis talk about?
(a) The choice to love Joy.
(b) The choice to leave others behind.
(c) The choice to remember.
(d) The choice to die himself.
5. What does Lewis talk to Douglas about?
(a) The passage of time.
(b) Joy's illness.
(c) Staying in England.
(d) His own mother's death.
6. What do Lewis and Joy talk about?
(a) Her pain.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Their wedding.
(d) Her funeral.
7. What does Lewis tell Douglas?
(a) Joy is very sick.
(b) Joy is pregnant.
(c) Lewis and Joy are moving to their own home.
(d) Bill wants Douglas back.
8. Lewis says that he has been unable to do what?
9. What indicates the passing of time in this scene?
(a) A gold timepiece.
(b) Changing light.
(c) A clock on the wall.
(d) Snow falling from the sky.
10. What topic does Lewis speak of?
(b) The existence of God.
(c) Weddings and funerals.
11. What does Lewis say about Douglas?
(a) Douglas is going back to New York.
(b) Douglas is angry with him over Joy's illness.
(c) Lewis is going to take him in if Joy dies.
(d) Douglas is doing well in school.
12. How did Joy first fall in love with Lewis?
(a) By him caring for her during her illness.
(b) Through his stories.
(c) Seeing him with Douglas.
(d) At their first meeting.
13. Lewis and Warnie find that Joy is able to use what?
(a) A wheelchair.
(c) A walker.
(d) A cane.
14. Joy and Lewis discuss the possibility of what?
(b) Having children.
(d) Moving to Paris.
15. What does Douglas pick up and bring to his mother?
(a) A glass of water.
(b) A green scarf.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A magic apple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity does Joy engage in?
2. What does Harrington expect?
3. What do the men do when Lewis enters the room?
4. What event opens scene 8?
5. Where do Joy and Lewis go on their honeymoon?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)