|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joy tell Lewis when she wakes?
(a) To take her to the hospital.
(b) To go to bed.
(c) To help her out to the garden.
(d) To get Douglas for her.
2. Warnie takes Douglas in search of what?
(a) A dog.
3. What does Joy ask Lewis?
(a) If they can have another child.
(b) If Lewis will care for Douglas.
(c) Where he wants to go on their next vacation.
(d) What he will do when she is gone.
4. What does Lewis talk to Douglas about?
(a) His own mother's death.
(b) Staying in England.
(c) The passage of time.
(d) Joy's illness.
5. What does Harrington expect?
(a) A large hospital bill.
(b) Bill to come back into Joy's life.
(c) Joy to die.
(d) Lewis to lose his job.
6. What illness does Joy have?
(d) Bone cancer.
7. What does Lewis tell Harrington?
(a) Lewis will find someone else for the wedding.
(b) Lewis is going to quit teaching.
(c) Lewis will not to marry Joy after Harrington's concern.
(d) Lewis will let Douglas go back to his father.
8. What activity does Joy engage in?
(a) A crossword puzzle.
(b) Writing a letter.
(d) Painting on canvas.
9. What does Lewis tell Joy about her condition?
(a) Doctors suspect she will not survive.
(b) Doctors say that she will recover fully.
(c) Doctors say that she will need a long treatment in order to recover.
(d) Doctors say they are hopeful for remission.
10. Douglas and Warnie enter the room with whom?
(c) A priest.
(d) Joy's mother.
11. What does Joy ask Lewis?
(a) If they can go to Africa on a honeymoon.
(b) If he'll move in with her after her surgery.
(c) If she'll have to return the ring if she gets better.
(d) If he'll keep her ring until she is out of the hospital.
12. Douglas and Warnie play which game in this scene?
13. What does Joy tell Lewis to arrange?
(a) Her funeral.
(b) Making sure Warnie is ok with her going to their home.
(c) Packing Douglas for his trip to New York.
(d) A renewal of their vows.
14. Scene 4 opens in which location?
(a) The hospital.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) Joy's home.
(d) Lewis' home.
15. What do Lewis and Joy talk about?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her funeral.
(c) Her pain.
(d) Their wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters at the end of the scene?
2. Warnie and what other person express concern for Lewis?
3. Douglas asks Lewis if he believes in what?
4. Who enters the scene?
5. Joy and Lewis discuss the possibility of what?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)