|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lewis tell Douglas?
(a) Joy is pregnant.
(b) Bill wants Douglas back.
(c) Lewis and Joy are moving to their own home.
(d) Joy is very sick.
2. Lewis says that he has been unable to do what?
3. Who is Lewis addressing as this scene opens?
(b) The audience.
(d) His class.
4. What do Lewis and Joy discuss?
(a) Her funeral.
(b) Lewis' house.
(c) Her improving health.
(d) Douglas' school.
5. Who attempts to encourage Lewis about the situation?
(a) A doctor.
6. What word best describes Joy's spirits in the scene?
7. What does Joy ask Lewis?
(a) Where he wants to go on their next vacation.
(b) What he will do when she is gone.
(c) If they can have another child.
(d) If Lewis will care for Douglas.
8. What does Joy tell Lewis?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She wants to go back to New York.
(c) She is afraid for Douglas.
(d) She wants to be alone.
9. Why are Lewis and Joy careful in discussing her health?
(a) They don't want to upset Douglas.
(b) They don't want to face the bad news.
(c) They don't understand why Joy is not getting better.
(d) They are afraid to jinx her improvements.
10. Where do Joy and Lewis go on their honeymoon?
11. What do Lewis and Joy talk about?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her pain.
(c) Her funeral.
(d) Their wedding.
12. What does Lewis say about Douglas?
(a) Douglas is going back to New York.
(b) Lewis is going to take him in if Joy dies.
(c) Douglas is angry with him over Joy's illness.
(d) Douglas is doing well in school.
13. What event opens scene 8?
(a) Joy's return home from the hospital.
(b) Joy's funeral.
(c) Joy and Lewis' wedding.
(d) Douglas' graduation.
14. Who is with Joy as the scene opens?
(a) A nurse.
15. What does Joy tell Lewis when she wakes?
(a) To help her out to the garden.
(b) To get Douglas for her.
(c) To go to bed.
(d) To take her to the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joy and Lewis discuss the possibility of what?
2. What does Lewis tell Joy?
3. What does Harrington expect?
4. What does the doctor tell Joy and Lewis?
5. What do Harrington and Riley remind Lewis of?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)