|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who follows after Lewis when he excuses himself?
2. What does Douglas see open?
(a) The clouds in the sky.
(b) The hospital window.
(c) His mother's eyes.
(d) The wardrobe door.
3. Lewis says that he has been unable to do what?
4. Where do Joy and Lewis go on their honeymoon?
5. Lewis is frightened to be happy because of what?
(a) The threat that Bill may take Douglas.
(b) It may anger Warnie.
(c) The possibility that Joy may get sick again.
(d) He fears it will make Joy sad.
6. What do the men do when Lewis enters the room?
(a) Congratulate him on the good news.
(b) Change the subject quickly.
(c) Offer him support.
(d) Make their apologies and leave.
7. What does Douglas pick up and bring to his mother?
(a) A green scarf.
(b) A magic apple.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A glass of water.
8. Douglas asks Lewis if he believes in what?
9. Joy and Lewis discuss the possibility of what?
(c) Having children.
(d) Moving to Paris.
10. Why are Lewis and Joy careful in discussing her health?
(a) They don't want to upset Douglas.
(b) They don't want to face the bad news.
(c) They don't understand why Joy is not getting better.
(d) They are afraid to jinx her improvements.
11. What does Joy tell Lewis?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She wants to go back to New York.
(c) She is afraid for Douglas.
(d) She wants to be alone.
12. Douglas and Warnie play which game in this scene?
13. Douglas and Warnie enter the room with whom?
(b) Joy's mother.
(d) A priest.
14. What does the waiter enter the scene with?
(c) A breakfast tray.
(d) A letter.
15. What does Lewis ask Harrington?
(a) To take over his teaching.
(b) To marry Lewis and Joy.
(c) To leave him alone.
(d) To stop gossiping about Lewis and Joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lewis tell Joy about her condition?
2. What does Joy tell Lewis to arrange?
3. What word best describes Joy's spirits in the scene?
4. What does Lewis tell Warnie?
5. In his speech, which choice does Lewis talk about?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)