|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lewis say about Douglas?
(a) Douglas is doing well in school.
(b) Douglas is angry with him over Joy's illness.
(c) Douglas is going back to New York.
(d) Lewis is going to take him in if Joy dies.
2. What does Joy ask Lewis to do?
(a) Marry her for real.
(b) Take her to the US for treatment.
(c) Divorce her before she dies.
(d) Take care of Douglas when she is gone.
3. What does Douglas see open?
(a) His mother's eyes.
(b) The hospital window.
(c) The clouds in the sky.
(d) The wardrobe door.
4. What topic does Lewis speak of?
(a) The existence of God.
(d) Weddings and funerals.
5. Douglas asks Lewis if he believes in what?
6. Who enters at the end of the scene?
(b) The nurse and doctor.
(d) Lewis and Warnie.
7. Who is with Joy as the scene opens?
(a) A nurse.
8. What does Joy tell Lewis when she wakes?
(a) To go to bed.
(b) To take her to the hospital.
(c) To get Douglas for her.
(d) To help her out to the garden.
9. What does Lewis talk to Douglas about?
(a) His own mother's death.
(b) Joy's illness.
(c) The passage of time.
(d) Staying in England.
10. Riley and the others discuss what?
(a) Joy's desire to go back to America.
(b) The power of prayer.
(c) Teaching at the university.
(d) What to do with Douglas.
11. What activity does Joy engage in?
(a) Writing a letter.
(b) A crossword puzzle.
(d) Painting on canvas.
12. Lewis and Warnie find that Joy is able to use what?
(a) A wheelchair.
(c) A cane.
(d) A walker.
13. What is Lewis asked about?
(a) Joy's condition.
(b) The funeral plans.
(c) His day at school.
(d) Joy's house.
14. What does Joy apologize for?
(a) Angering Warnie.
(b) Causing worry.
(c) Costing so much money.
(d) Marrying Lewis.
15. What does the waiter enter the scene with?
(c) A letter.
(d) A breakfast tray.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his speech, which choice does Lewis talk about?
2. Who is Lewis addressing as this scene opens?
3. What does Joy ask Lewis?
4. What does Lewis tell Douglas?
5. Warnie and what other person express concern for Lewis?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)