|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joy do after the ceremony?
(a) Talks to Douglas.
(b) Falls asleep.
(d) Has surgery.
2. What indicates the passing of time in this scene?
(a) Changing light.
(b) A gold timepiece.
(c) Snow falling from the sky.
(d) A clock on the wall.
3. What does Douglas pick up and bring to his mother?
(a) A green scarf.
(b) A glass of water.
(c) A magic apple.
(d) A kitten.
4. What does Joy apologize for?
(a) Costing so much money.
(b) Marrying Lewis.
(c) Angering Warnie.
(d) Causing worry.
5. What does the waiter enter the scene with?
(a) A letter.
(d) A breakfast tray.
6. What does Lewis talk to Douglas about?
(a) Staying in England.
(b) Joy's illness.
(c) His own mother's death.
(d) The passage of time.
7. What does Joy tell Lewis when she wakes?
(a) To go to bed.
(b) To take her to the hospital.
(c) To help her out to the garden.
(d) To get Douglas for her.
8. What does Joy ask Lewis?
(a) If he'll move in with her after her surgery.
(b) If she'll have to return the ring if she gets better.
(c) If they can go to Africa on a honeymoon.
(d) If he'll keep her ring until she is out of the hospital.
9. Lewis says that he has been unable to do what?
10. What does Douglas see open?
(a) The hospital window.
(b) The wardrobe door.
(c) The clouds in the sky.
(d) His mother's eyes.
11. Douglas and Warnie enter the room with whom?
(b) A priest.
(d) Joy's mother.
12. What does Lewis say is part of the happiness?
13. Warnie takes Douglas in search of what?
(a) A dog.
14. Warnie and what other person express concern for Lewis?
15. Who is discussing Joy's condition as the scene opens?
(a) Douglas and Lewis.
(b) Douglas and Warnie.
(c) Harrington and Riley.
(d) Joy and Lewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his speech, which choice does Lewis talk about?
2. What is Harrington concerned with?
3. Who attempts to encourage Lewis about the situation?
4. Who enters at the end of the scene?
5. Scene 4 opens in which location?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)