|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attempts to encourage Lewis about the situation?
(a) A doctor.
2. What event opens scene 8?
(a) Douglas' graduation.
(b) Joy and Lewis' wedding.
(c) Joy's funeral.
(d) Joy's return home from the hospital.
3. What do Lewis and Joy discuss?
(a) Douglas' school.
(b) Lewis' house.
(c) Her improving health.
(d) Her funeral.
4. What do Harrington, Gregg, and Riley discuss?
(b) Lewis' death.
(c) Lewis' love for Joy.
(d) Joy's passing.
5. Who enters at the end of the scene?
(a) Lewis and Warnie.
(d) The nurse and doctor.
6. Joy and Lewis discuss the possibility of what?
(a) Having children.
(c) Moving to Paris.
7. Warnie and what other person express concern for Lewis?
8. What does Lewis tell Joy about her condition?
(a) Doctors say that she will recover fully.
(b) Doctors say that she will need a long treatment in order to recover.
(c) Doctors say they are hopeful for remission.
(d) Doctors suspect she will not survive.
9. What does Lewis declare to the other men?
(a) He wants to stop teaching to care for Joy.
(b) He is moving into Joy's house.
(c) He is already Douglas' father.
(d) He will marry Joy.
10. What does Douglas see open?
(a) The hospital window.
(b) The clouds in the sky.
(c) The wardrobe door.
(d) His mother's eyes.
11. What does Lewis say about Douglas?
(a) Douglas is angry with him over Joy's illness.
(b) Douglas is going back to New York.
(c) Douglas is doing well in school.
(d) Lewis is going to take him in if Joy dies.
12. What is Harrington concerned with?
(b) Lewis' health.
(c) The cost of the hospital.
13. What do Harrington and Riley remind Lewis of?
(a) If he marries Joy, Warnie will disown Lewis.
(b) Joy still loves her husband so she'd just be using Lewis.
(c) Douglas already has a father who wants him back if Joy dies.
(d) Joy is a divorced woman so the church won't recognize another marriage.
14. What does Lewis talk to Douglas about?
(a) The passage of time.
(b) Joy's illness.
(c) His own mother's death.
(d) Staying in England.
15. What word best describes Joy's spirits in the scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. Douglas and Warnie play which game in this scene?
2. What do the men do when Lewis enters the room?
3. How did Joy first fall in love with Lewis?
4. Who is with Joy as the scene opens?
5. Who enters the scene?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)