|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his speech, which choice does Lewis talk about?
(a) The choice to die himself.
(b) The choice to leave others behind.
(c) The choice to love Joy.
(d) The choice to remember.
2. What is Harrington concerned with?
(c) Lewis' health.
(d) The cost of the hospital.
3. What does Lewis tell Warnie?
(a) To take a vacation while Joy gets settled.
(b) To move out so Joy can move in.
(c) To prepare for Joy's death.
(d) To stay in the house.
4. Who is discussing Joy's condition as the scene opens?
(a) Douglas and Lewis.
(b) Harrington and Riley.
(c) Joy and Lewis.
(d) Douglas and Warnie.
5. What indicates the passing of time in this scene?
(a) A clock on the wall.
(b) Snow falling from the sky.
(c) A gold timepiece.
(d) Changing light.
6. Who enters at the end of the scene?
(b) Lewis and Warnie.
(c) The nurse and doctor.
7. Warnie and what other person express concern for Lewis?
8. What does Lewis tell Joy?
(a) She only has a few days to live.
(b) He has to leave for Paris.
(c) He wants her to move into his house.
(d) He wants to marry her again.
9. What does Lewis say about Douglas?
(a) Douglas is going back to New York.
(b) Douglas is angry with him over Joy's illness.
(c) Lewis is going to take him in if Joy dies.
(d) Douglas is doing well in school.
10. Warnie takes Douglas in search of what?
(a) A dog.
11. Who is with Joy as the scene opens?
(b) A nurse.
12. Douglas and Warnie enter the room with whom?
(a) A priest.
(c) Joy's mother.
13. How did Joy first fall in love with Lewis?
(a) Seeing him with Douglas.
(b) Through his stories.
(c) By him caring for her during her illness.
(d) At their first meeting.
14. Where do Joy and Lewis go on their honeymoon?
15. What does Lewis ask Harrington?
(a) To take over his teaching.
(b) To marry Lewis and Joy.
(c) To stop gossiping about Lewis and Joy.
(d) To leave him alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who follows after Lewis when he excuses himself?
2. What does Douglas pick up and bring to his mother?
3. What does Joy tell Lewis?
4. What does Joy apologize for?
5. What does Lewis tell Joy about her condition?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)