|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who follows after Lewis when he excuses himself?
2. Who enters the scene?
(a) Warnie and Douglas.
(b) Joy and Warnie.
(c) Douglas and Bill.
(d) Riley and Warnie.
3. Scene 4 opens in which location?
(a) Lewis' home.
(b) The hospital.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) Joy's home.
4. Who attempts to encourage Lewis about the situation?
(a) A doctor.
5. What indicates the passing of time in this scene?
(a) Snow falling from the sky.
(b) A gold timepiece.
(c) A clock on the wall.
(d) Changing light.
6. What do Harrington and Riley remind Lewis of?
(a) Douglas already has a father who wants him back if Joy dies.
(b) Joy still loves her husband so she'd just be using Lewis.
(c) Joy is a divorced woman so the church won't recognize another marriage.
(d) If he marries Joy, Warnie will disown Lewis.
7. What is Harrington concerned with?
(b) Lewis' health.
(c) The cost of the hospital.
8. What do Lewis and Joy talk about?
(a) Her funeral.
(b) Her pain.
(c) Their wedding.
(d) Her mother.
9. Warnie takes Douglas in search of what?
(a) A dog.
10. What does Lewis tell Warnie?
(a) To prepare for Joy's death.
(b) To move out so Joy can move in.
(c) To take a vacation while Joy gets settled.
(d) To stay in the house.
11. Douglas asks Lewis if he believes in what?
12. Where do Joy and Lewis go on their honeymoon?
13. Who is Lewis addressing as this scene opens?
(a) His class.
(d) The audience.
14. What does the doctor tell Joy and Lewis?
(a) Joy can go home.
(b) The cancer has spread.
(c) A new treatment may help Joy.
(d) Joy has only days to live.
15. What do the men do when Lewis enters the room?
(a) Make their apologies and leave.
(b) Change the subject quickly.
(c) Offer him support.
(d) Congratulate him on the good news.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters at the end of the scene?
2. What does Lewis say is part of the happiness?
3. Lewis and Warnie find that Joy is able to use what?
4. Who is with Joy as the scene opens?
5. What does Warnie tell the men?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)