|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglas ask Lewis?
(a) Whether he can stay in England.
(b) If Lewis loves him.
(c) If he can go to Brussels with Warnie.
(d) If Joy is going to die.
2. What is Lewis asked about?
(a) The funeral plans.
(b) Joy's house.
(c) His day at school.
(d) Joy's condition.
3. Lewis says that he has been unable to do what?
4. Who is discussing Joy's condition as the scene opens?
(a) Harrington and Riley.
(b) Douglas and Lewis.
(c) Douglas and Warnie.
(d) Joy and Lewis.
5. What does Joy tell Lewis to arrange?
(a) Making sure Warnie is ok with her going to their home.
(b) Her funeral.
(c) A renewal of their vows.
(d) Packing Douglas for his trip to New York.
6. Where do Joy and Lewis go on their honeymoon?
7. What does Lewis ask Harrington?
(a) To take over his teaching.
(b) To marry Lewis and Joy.
(c) To leave him alone.
(d) To stop gossiping about Lewis and Joy.
8. Joy and Lewis discuss the possibility of what?
(c) Moving to Paris.
(d) Having children.
9. Douglas and Warnie enter the room with whom?
(a) A priest.
(d) Joy's mother.
10. What does Lewis tell Douglas?
(a) Joy is pregnant.
(b) Lewis and Joy are moving to their own home.
(c) Bill wants Douglas back.
(d) Joy is very sick.
11. What does Warnie tell the men?
(a) Lewis is quitting his teaching job.
(b) Douglas is going back to New York to his father.
(c) Joy's health is declining.
(d) Joy's health is improving.
12. What topic does Lewis speak of?
(a) The existence of God.
(d) Weddings and funerals.
13. Warnie takes Douglas in search of what?
(d) A dog.
14. Douglas and Warnie play which game in this scene?
15. What does Joy ask Lewis?
(a) If Lewis will care for Douglas.
(b) What he will do when she is gone.
(c) Where he wants to go on their next vacation.
(d) If they can have another child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lewis and Warnie find that Joy is able to use what?
2. What event opens scene 8?
3. Who attempts to encourage Lewis about the situation?
4. What does Lewis tell Joy?
5. What do Lewis and Joy discuss?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)