|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters the scene?
(a) Douglas and Bill.
(b) Riley and Warnie.
(c) Joy and Warnie.
(d) Warnie and Douglas.
2. Who is discussing Joy's condition as the scene opens?
(a) Harrington and Riley.
(b) Douglas and Warnie.
(c) Douglas and Lewis.
(d) Joy and Lewis.
3. What does Lewis talk to Douglas about?
(a) Staying in England.
(b) The passage of time.
(c) Joy's illness.
(d) His own mother's death.
4. Lewis is frightened to be happy because of what?
(a) He fears it will make Joy sad.
(b) It may anger Warnie.
(c) The possibility that Joy may get sick again.
(d) The threat that Bill may take Douglas.
5. What does Lewis tell Joy about her condition?
(a) Doctors say they are hopeful for remission.
(b) Doctors say that she will need a long treatment in order to recover.
(c) Doctors say that she will recover fully.
(d) Doctors suspect she will not survive.
6. What do Harrington and Riley remind Lewis of?
(a) If he marries Joy, Warnie will disown Lewis.
(b) Joy still loves her husband so she'd just be using Lewis.
(c) Joy is a divorced woman so the church won't recognize another marriage.
(d) Douglas already has a father who wants him back if Joy dies.
7. What topic does Lewis speak of?
(b) The existence of God.
(c) Weddings and funerals.
8. What illness does Joy have?
(c) Bone cancer.
9. What event opens scene 8?
(a) Douglas' graduation.
(b) Joy's return home from the hospital.
(c) Joy and Lewis' wedding.
(d) Joy's funeral.
10. What does Douglas ask Lewis?
(a) If he can go to Brussels with Warnie.
(b) If Joy is going to die.
(c) If Lewis loves him.
(d) Whether he can stay in England.
11. Who follows after Lewis when he excuses himself?
12. What indicates the passing of time in this scene?
(a) A clock on the wall.
(b) Snow falling from the sky.
(c) Changing light.
(d) A gold timepiece.
13. Who enters at the end of the scene?
(a) The nurse and doctor.
(b) Lewis and Warnie.
14. Who is Lewis addressing as this scene opens?
(b) The audience.
(c) His class.
15. Where do Joy and Lewis go on their honeymoon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lewis tell Harrington?
2. Warnie takes Douglas in search of what?
3. What does Lewis ask Harrington?
4. What does Lewis tell Warnie?
5. Warnie and what other person express concern for Lewis?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)