|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession are the men in?
2. What does Lewis do to help ease the tension between him and Joy?
(a) Helps Joy unpack.
(b) Asks about Douglas.
(c) Leaves the room.
(d) Picks Joy a flower.
3. Where does scene 3 open?
(a) The study.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The garage.
(d) The dining hall.
4. What is Lewis doing as the scene opens?
(a) Waiting for Joy.
(b) Working on his book.
(c) Lecturing to a class.
(d) Reading a magazine.
5. Lewis asks Douglas about whom?
(d) Douglas' father.
6. What assertion does Lewis make about God?
(a) God does not want us to be happy.
(b) God hates those who sin.
(c) God should have destroyed the earth.
(d) There is no free will.
7. Gossip is spreading about what?
(a) Joy's divorce.
(b) Warnie's girlfriend.
(c) Douglas' father.
(d) Joy and Lewis' friendship.
8. Lewis is surprised by what in Joy's poetry?
(a) The mention of Lewis.
(b) The quality.
(c) Joy's voice.
(d) Its dark subject.
9. What is Lewis talking about as the scene opens?
(a) How he wants to move in with Joy.
(b) A lecture he had been to.
(c) How he likes being married.
(d) How Douglas likes England.
10. What is the name of Joy's son?
11. What does Joy's son want to do?
(a) See a football game.
(b) Ring the service bell.
(c) Go to the park.
(d) See where Lewis lives.
12. Which word best describes the flowers for the wedding?
(c) There were no flowers.
13. Where does scene 10 open?
(a) A church.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) Joy's house.
(d) Lewis' house.
14. What does Warnie do as he and Lewis talk?
(a) Drinks coffee.
(b) Cleans the window.
(c) Gets dressed.
(d) Reads the newspaper.
15. What does Lewis ask Joy?
(a) To write a book with him.
(b) To come for Christmas.
(c) To marry him.
(d) To let Douglas stay for another week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Lewis and Warnie when the scene opens?
2. C.S. Lewis is also referred to by what name?
3. Why is Joy marrying Lewis?
4. Warnie states that Americans don't understand what?
5. The wedding ceremony could best be described as what?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)