|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lewis' participation in the marriage indicate?
(a) His tenderness toward Joy.
(b) His desire not to be alone.
(c) His protection of Warnie.
(d) His wish to have children.
2. Lewis asks Douglas about whom?
(a) Douglas' father.
3. What topic are the men joking about?
4. How did Lewis respond to Joy's request?
(a) He ends their friendship.
(b) He agrees.
(c) He says no.
(d) He tells her to wait for a while.
5. Where does scene 3 open?
(a) The study.
(b) The dining hall.
(c) The garage.
(d) The bedroom.
6. Which book does Joy's son ask Lewis about?
(a) Prince Caspian.
(b) The Screwtape Letters.
(c) The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.
(d) The Magician's Nephew.
7. Which word best describes the flowers for the wedding?
(a) There were no flowers.
8. Where does the second scene open?
(a) A dining hall.
(b) Lewis' bedroom.
(c) The living room.
(d) A movie theater.
9. In what city does the play take place?
(c) Cape Town.
10. Where does Douglas go?
(a) To New York.
(c) To school.
(d) To bed.
11. Who is the letter from?
(a) Joy's sister.
(c) Douglas' teacher.
12. Where does Lewis take his brother?
(a) A lecture.
(c) Out to dinner.
(d) To a movie.
13. During Lewis and Joy's conversation, the set changes to what location?
(a) The garden.
(b) Lewis' office.
(c) Lewis' house.
(d) Joy's house.
14. What surprises Lewis at the party?
(a) Joy's husband.
(b) Joy's poem.
(c) A present from Douglas.
(d) Warnie's confession.
15. When Lewis enters, he begins to address whom?
(a) His wife.
(b) His brother.
(c) A young woman.
(d) The audience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Joy in this scene?
2. What does Joy ask of Lewis?
3. Who does Lewis reassure in this chapter that Lewis and Joy are just friends?
4. What do Lewis and Joy talk about?
5. Who is present at Lewis and Joy's wedding?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)