|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does scene 3 open?
(a) The garage.
(b) The dining hall.
(c) The study.
(d) The bedroom.
2. Lewis says that life is what?
(a) A series of misfortunate events.
(b) A caterpiller becoming a butterfly.
(c) A testing ground for God's children.
(d) A mere shadow of the next.
3. What do Joy and Lewis joke about?
(a) New York.
(b) English culture.
(d) Their secret marriage.
4. Who does Lewis live with?
5. How does Warnie feel about this news?
6. Which college is Lewis from?
7. What do Lewis and Joy talk about?
(a) Warnie's fear of marriage.
(b) Lewis' mother's cancer.
(c) Joy's educational goals.
(d) Douglas' brush with death.
8. What is Riley's theory on women?
(a) They are etremely different than men.
(b) They are too rational.
(c) They like to shop and cook.
(d) They are more concerned about their looks than love.
9. How old is Lewis at the start of the play?
10. What does Warnie do as he and Lewis talk?
(a) Reads the newspaper.
(b) Cleans the window.
(c) Drinks coffee.
(d) Gets dressed.
11. In what country is the play set?
(a) The United States.
(d) South Africa.
12. Which word best describes the wedding rings?
(d) There were no wedding rings.
13. What type of flower is present at Joy's wedding?
(a) There were no flowers.
14. Who is the letter from?
(a) Joy's sister.
(b) Douglas' teacher.
15. What does Joy's son want to do?
(a) Go to the park.
(b) Ring the service bell.
(c) See a football game.
(d) See where Lewis lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lewis and Joy make plans for what?
2. Where are Lewis and Warnie when the scene opens?
3. Warnie enters the room in scene 3 carrying what?
4. In what city does the play take place?
5. Where does the second scene open?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)