|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joy's son want to do?
(a) See a football game.
(b) See where Lewis lives.
(c) Go to the park.
(d) Ring the service bell.
2. Warnie reminds Lewis of what?
(a) How Joy's move appears to others.
(b) How Douglas doesn't like Lewis.
(c) How Warnie doesn't like Joy.
(d) How Lewis' actions will lead Joy on.
3. How old is Lewis at the start of the play?
4. Joy shares a national award with whom?
(a) Marilyn Monroe.
(b) Robert Frost.
(c) Theodore Roosevelt.
(d) Marie Curie.
5. The wedding ceremony could best be described as what?
6. What are Lewis and Warnie doing as scene 7 opens?
(a) Talking at a party.
(b) Reading books.
(c) Eating breakfast.
(d) Preparing to leave the house.
7. How does Joy leave Lewis' home?
(a) In tears.
(c) Scared of her feelings toward Lewis.
(d) Happy about the future.
8. Scene 6 opens at what?
(a) A lecture.
(b) A Christmas party.
(c) A theater play.
(d) A hotel restuarant.
9. What is Lewis doing as the scene opens?
10. Lewis and Warnie joke about Joy's what?
(c) Love of books.
11. Who is Joy coming to England with?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her mother.
12. Who does Lewis see that surprises him?
13. What does Lewis' participation in the marriage indicate?
(a) His protection of Warnie.
(b) His wish to have children.
(c) His tenderness toward Joy.
(d) His desire not to be alone.
14. As scene 5 opens, Lewis and Warnie are preparing for what?
(a) Joy's visit.
(b) A trip to France.
(c) A lecture at Oxford.
15. Which word(s) best describe the wedding?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which college is Lewis from?
2. What does Lewis ask Joy about her return to America?
3. Where does the second scene open?
4. Joy and Douglas have moved where?
5. In the first scene, how many room are there?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)