|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Riley's theory on women?
(a) They like to shop and cook.
(b) They are more concerned about their looks than love.
(c) They are etremely different than men.
(d) They are too rational.
2. What is Lewis talking about as the scene opens?
(a) How Douglas likes England.
(b) How he wants to move in with Joy.
(c) How he likes being married.
(d) A lecture he had been to.
3. What describes the men's humor?
4. What do Joy and Lewis joke about?
(a) Their secret marriage.
(b) English culture.
(c) New York.
5. What irritates Lewis?
(a) That men and women can't be friends.
(b) That Warnie is interested in Joy.
(c) That he cannot be with Joy.
(d) That there are too many people in the house.
6. Warnie enters the room in scene 3 carrying what?
(a) A pillow.
(b) A telephone.
(c) A breakfast tray.
(d) A book.
7. How old is Lewis at the start of the play?
8. What are Lewis and Warnie doing as scene 7 opens?
(a) Eating breakfast.
(b) Preparing to leave the house.
(c) Talking at a party.
(d) Reading books.
9. Where does scene 10 open?
(a) Lewis' house.
(b) Joy's house.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A church.
10. What is Lewis doing as the scene opens?
11. Why does Joy hesitate at Lewis' invitation?
(a) She thinks Douglas will become too attached.
(b) She feels she may be overstepping her bounds.
(c) She wants to go home.
(d) She's not sure if her husband will approve.
12. What does Lewis ask Joy about her return to America?
(a) If she'll go on a book tour.
(b) If she'll go to the house she shared with her husband.
(c) When she'll be returning to see him.
(d) How she plans to travel to America.
13. What topic does Lewis address in his first words?
14. What assertion does Lewis make about God?
(a) God should have destroyed the earth.
(b) God hates those who sin.
(c) There is no free will.
(d) God does not want us to be happy.
15. During Lewis and Joy's conversation, the set changes to what location?
(a) The garden.
(b) Joy's house.
(c) Lewis' office.
(d) Lewis' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Joy marrying Lewis?
2. Why does Lewis not join Warnie?
3. Where does Lewis take his brother?
4. Who is Joy coming to England with?
5. Which word best describes the wedding rings?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)