|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joy preparing to do as the scene ends?
(a) Kiss Lewis.
(b) Make dinner for Lewis.
(c) Move to New York.
(d) Put Douglas to bed.
2. Lewis mentions a letter from whom?
(a) Ms. Van Dorn.
(b) Mrs. Booth.
(c) Mrs. Gresham.
(d) Ms. Harvey.
3. How does Warnie feel about this news?
4. What does Warnie suggest about women?
(a) They are just like men.
(b) They are worth their weight in gold.
(c) They are more interesting in theory than in practice.
(d) They are not worth the bother.
5. In what city does the play take place?
(c) Cape Town.
6. What does Lewis do to help ease the tension between him and Joy?
(a) Picks Joy a flower.
(b) Helps Joy unpack.
(c) Asks about Douglas.
(d) Leaves the room.
7. What type of flower is present at Joy's wedding?
(d) There were no flowers.
8. Including this visit, how many other times have Joy and Douglas been to the Lewis home?
9. What do Joy and Lewis joke about?
(a) English culture.
(b) Their secret marriage.
(c) New York.
10. Who does Joy tell Lewis that he should check with about his plans?
(b) Lewis' father.
(c) Joy's husband.
11. What does Lewis encourage Warnie to do?
(a) Visit the United States.
(b) Marry the woman he's been seeing.
(c) Join him in meeting Joy.
(d) Write a book.
12. What is Lewis talking about as the scene opens?
(a) How he wants to move in with Joy.
(b) A lecture he had been to.
(c) How he likes being married.
(d) How Douglas likes England.
13. Who does Lewis reassure in this chapter that Lewis and Joy are just friends?
14. What does Lewis offer to Joy?
(a) Money to help her get back to America.
(b) Help with her book.
(c) To watch Douglas for her.
(d) A place to stay.
15. What topic are the men joking about?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joy ask of Lewis?
2. Lewis finds Joy reading a letter where?
3. Joy and Douglas have moved where?
4. Scene 6 opens at what?
5. Who initiated the marriage between Lewis and Joy?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)