|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who initiated the marriage between Lewis and Joy?
2. What does Lewis offer to Joy?
(a) Help with her book.
(b) Money to help her get back to America.
(c) A place to stay.
(d) To watch Douglas for her.
3. What surprises Lewis at the party?
(a) Warnie's confession.
(b) A present from Douglas.
(c) Joy's husband.
(d) Joy's poem.
4. Who is with Lewis as the scene opens?
5. What startles Lewis as he works?
(a) The sensation that someone is in the room.
(b) The sound of the doorbell.
(c) A bird at the window.
(d) A dog barking.
6. Where does Douglas go?
(a) To school.
(b) To New York.
(c) To bed.
7. Why is Joy marrying Lewis?
(a) She has no money.
(b) So Douglas will have a father.
(c) British citizenship.
(d) She loves him.
8. What do Joy and Lewis joke about?
(b) New York.
(c) Their secret marriage.
(d) English culture.
9. What topic does Warnie bring up?
(b) Lewis' love for Joy.
(c) Joy's move.
(d) Joy's book.
10. What do Lewis and Joy discuss after he finds her reading the letter?
(a) Joy's feelings about Lewis.
(b) Joy's marriage.
(c) Joy's son.
(d) Joy's poetry.
11. What is Joy preparing to do as the scene ends?
(a) Move to New York.
(b) Kiss Lewis.
(c) Put Douglas to bed.
(d) Make dinner for Lewis.
12. What does Lewis' participation in the marriage indicate?
(a) His tenderness toward Joy.
(b) His protection of Warnie.
(c) His desire not to be alone.
(d) His wish to have children.
13. Who does Lewis live with?
14. What news does the letter contain?
(a) Joy's book of poetry is going to be published.
(b) Joy's husband has had an affair and wants a divorce.
(c) Joy's mother has died.
(d) Joy's husband has died.
15. Who is present at Lewis and Joy's wedding?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the letter from?
2. What is Lewis doing as the scene opens?
3. Where does scene 3 open?
4. As scene 5 opens, Lewis and Warnie are preparing for what?
5. What is Lewis doing as the scene opens?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)