|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Lewis at the party?
(a) Joy's husband.
(b) Joy's poem.
(c) A present from Douglas.
(d) Warnie's confession.
2. During Lewis and Joy's conversation, the set changes to what location?
(a) Lewis' house.
(b) Lewis' office.
(c) The garden.
(d) Joy's house.
3. What topic does Warnie bring up?
(a) Joy's book.
(c) Joy's move.
(d) Lewis' love for Joy.
4. What news does Lewis have for Warnie?
(a) He has agreed to marry Joy.
(b) He is moving in with Joy and Douglas.
(c) He is dying of cancer.
(d) He is taking a job in New York.
5. Why does Joy hesitate at Lewis' invitation?
(a) She thinks Douglas will become too attached.
(b) She wants to go home.
(c) She feels she may be overstepping her bounds.
(d) She's not sure if her husband will approve.
6. What topic does Lewis address in his first words?
7. Who initiated the marriage between Lewis and Joy?
8. What does Warnie do as he and Lewis talk?
(a) Gets dressed.
(b) Reads the newspaper.
(c) Drinks coffee.
(d) Cleans the window.
9. Where does Lewis take his brother?
(a) A lecture.
(c) Out to dinner.
(d) To a movie.
10. What does Warnie prod Joy about?
(a) Her poetry.
(b) Her parenting skills.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her education.
11. How old was Lewis when his mother died?
12. Lewis finds Joy reading a letter where?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In her bedroom.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the hallway.
13. Who does Lewis see that surprises him?
14. What do Joy and Lewis joke about?
(a) English culture.
(b) Their secret marriage.
(c) New York.
15. Who is with Lewis as the scene opens?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Joy coming to England with?
2. What does Joy ask of Lewis?
3. Lewis and Warnie joke about Joy's what?
4. What does Joy's son wonder about Lewis' book?
5. What does Lewis encourage Warnie to do?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)