|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lewis and Joy discuss after he finds her reading the letter?
(a) Joy's feelings about Lewis.
(b) Joy's marriage.
(c) Joy's poetry.
(d) Joy's son.
2. What startles Lewis as he works?
(a) A dog barking.
(b) The sound of the doorbell.
(c) The sensation that someone is in the room.
(d) A bird at the window.
3. What does Warnie prod Joy about?
(a) Her education.
(b) Her poetry.
(c) Her parenting skills.
(d) Her husband.
4. How did Lewis respond to Joy's request?
(a) He ends their friendship.
(b) He says no.
(c) He tells her to wait for a while.
(d) He agrees.
5. Lewis assures Warnie of what?
(a) That he still loves Warnie.
(b) That he and Joy are just friends.
(c) That Lewis has no plans of marriage.
(d) That Warnie will always have a home with him.
6. Where is Joy's husband?
(b) New York.
7. What word describes Warnie?
8. Lewis and Warnie joke about Joy's what?
(b) Love of books.
9. What does Lewis ask Joy about her return to America?
(a) If she'll go to the house she shared with her husband.
(b) If she'll go on a book tour.
(c) How she plans to travel to America.
(d) When she'll be returning to see him.
10. What does Lewis ask Douglas about in the scene?
(a) Whether he'd like a dog.
(b) What is he is doing in school.
(c) If he wants to go to Paris.
(d) How he felt about moving.
11. What is Lewis talking about as the scene opens?
(a) How he likes being married.
(b) How he wants to move in with Joy.
(c) A lecture he had been to.
(d) How Douglas likes England.
12. Who initiated the marriage between Lewis and Joy?
13. Lewis mentions a letter from whom?
(a) Mrs. Booth.
(b) Ms. Harvey.
(c) Ms. Van Dorn.
(d) Mrs. Gresham.
14. During Lewis and Joy's conversation, the set changes to what location?
(a) Joy's house.
(b) The garden.
(c) Lewis' office.
(d) Lewis' house.
15. What news does the letter contain?
(a) Joy's husband has had an affair and wants a divorce.
(b) Joy's husband has died.
(c) Joy's mother has died.
(d) Joy's book of poetry is going to be published.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Warnie feel about this news?
2. What is Lewis doing as the scene opens?
3. Who teases Lewis about Joy?
4. What does Joy ask of Lewis?
5. What profession are the men in?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)