|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does the letter contain?
(a) Joy's husband has had an affair and wants a divorce.
(b) Joy's husband has died.
(c) Joy's book of poetry is going to be published.
(d) Joy's mother has died.
2. How does Joy respond to the insult?
(a) With anger.
(b) With hurt feelings.
(c) With wit.
(d) With indifference.
3. What do Joy and Lewis joke about?
(b) New York.
(c) English culture.
(d) Their secret marriage.
4. Scene 3 mentions what at the back of the room?
(a) A wardrobe.
(b) A car.
(c) A table.
(d) A lamp.
5. Where does scene 9 open?
(a) Oxford University.
(b) The Registrar's office.
(c) Joy's home.
(d) Lewis' home.
6. What type of flower is present at Joy's wedding?
(a) There were no flowers.
7. What does Lewis ask Douglas about in the scene?
(a) How he felt about moving.
(b) What is he is doing in school.
(c) Whether he'd like a dog.
(d) If he wants to go to Paris.
8. What happens to Joy in this scene?
(a) She finds out that Lewis loves her.
(b) She tells Lewis she wants a divorce.
(c) She is fired from her job.
(d) She collapses in pain.
9. Lewis and Joy make plans for what?
(b) A train ride.
(c) A trip to Austria.
(d) Co-writing a book.
10. What does Warnie point out to Lewis?
(a) That Lewis misses Joy.
(b) That Douglas needs a father.
(c) That Joy loves her husband.
(d) That Warnie is going to move out soon.
11. What is Lewis doing as the scene opens?
12. Why does Joy hesitate at Lewis' invitation?
(a) She's not sure if her husband will approve.
(b) She feels she may be overstepping her bounds.
(c) She wants to go home.
(d) She thinks Douglas will become too attached.
13. Who is with Lewis as the scene opens?
14. Who is with Lewis as the scene opens?
15. Who teases Lewis about Joy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lewis doing as the scene opens?
2. Warnie enters the room in scene 3 carrying what?
3. What does Joy's son wonder about Lewis' book?
4. What does C.S. Lewis enter with?
5. Where does the second scene open?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)