|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lewis and Warnie joke about Joy's what?
(a) Love of books.
2. Who is skeptical about Joy's intentions?
(a) Joy's son.
(c) Joy's husband.
3. Where does scene 10 open?
(a) Joy's house.
(b) Lewis' house.
(c) A church.
(d) A restaurant.
4. What do Lewis and Joy discuss after he finds her reading the letter?
(a) Joy's poetry.
(b) Joy's son.
(c) Joy's marriage.
(d) Joy's feelings about Lewis.
5. What does Lewis ask Joy?
(a) To come for Christmas.
(b) To marry him.
(c) To write a book with him.
(d) To let Douglas stay for another week.
6. What is Riley's theory on women?
(a) They like to shop and cook.
(b) They are etremely different than men.
(c) They are more concerned about their looks than love.
(d) They are too rational.
7. Where are Lewis and Warnie when the scene opens?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) Joy's hotel.
(c) The study.
(d) In the garden.
8. Where does the second scene open?
(a) The living room.
(b) A dining hall.
(c) Lewis' bedroom.
(d) A movie theater.
9. Which college is Lewis from?
10. What does Lewis encourage Warnie to do?
(a) Marry the woman he's been seeing.
(b) Write a book.
(c) Visit the United States.
(d) Join him in meeting Joy.
11. Who initiated the marriage between Lewis and Joy?
12. What does Joy ask of Lewis?
(a) To care for Douglas.
(b) To forget he ever met her.
(c) To be her friend.
(d) To let her move in.
13. What assertion does Lewis make about God?
(a) God hates those who sin.
(b) God should have destroyed the earth.
(c) God does not want us to be happy.
(d) There is no free will.
14. What news does Lewis have for Warnie?
(a) He has agreed to marry Joy.
(b) He is moving in with Joy and Douglas.
(c) He is taking a job in New York.
(d) He is dying of cancer.
15. How does Joy leave Lewis' home?
(a) Scared of her feelings toward Lewis.
(b) In tears.
(c) Happy about the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of flower is present at Joy's wedding?
2. Warnie enters the room in scene 3 carrying what?
3. Joy shares a national award with whom?
4. As scene 5 opens, Lewis and Warnie are preparing for what?
5. Where does Lewis take his brother?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)