|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What describes the men's humor?
2. What does Lewis do to help ease the tension between him and Joy?
(a) Helps Joy unpack.
(b) Asks about Douglas.
(c) Picks Joy a flower.
(d) Leaves the room.
3. What are the guests surprised to learn?
(a) That Joy and Douglas are visiting again.
(b) That Lewis and Warnie are going to sell their house.
(c) That Warnie has been seeing a woman socially.
(d) That Lewis has published a new book.
4. What profession are the men in?
5. Which word(s) best describe the wedding?
6. In what city does the play take place?
(c) Cape Town.
7. Joy is from what country?
(a) The United States.
(b) South Africa.
8. What does Lewis ask Joy?
(a) To let Douglas stay for another week.
(b) To marry him.
(c) To come for Christmas.
(d) To write a book with him.
9. Where does scene 9 open?
(a) Lewis' home.
(b) The Registrar's office.
(c) Joy's home.
(d) Oxford University.
10. Which word best describes the flowers for the wedding?
(b) There were no flowers.
11. What topic does Lewis address in his first words?
12. What is Lewis doing as the scene opens?
(a) Getting married.
(b) Talking to Warnie.
(d) Reading a newspaper.
13. What news does the letter contain?
(a) Joy's husband has had an affair and wants a divorce.
(b) Joy's husband has died.
(c) Joy's book of poetry is going to be published.
(d) Joy's mother has died.
14. Scene 3 mentions what at the back of the room?
(a) A table.
(b) A car.
(c) A wardrobe.
(d) A lamp.
15. Where does scene four open?
(a) A hotel room.
(b) A tearoom.
(c) A classroom.
(d) A dining room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What irritates Lewis?
2. Who is Joy coming to England with?
3. What topic are the men joking about?
4. What surprises Lewis at the party?
5. Warnie states that Americans don't understand what?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)