|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country is the play set?
(c) South Africa.
(d) The United States.
2. What is Joy preparing to do as the scene ends?
(a) Make dinner for Lewis.
(b) Move to New York.
(c) Put Douglas to bed.
(d) Kiss Lewis.
3. What topic are the men joking about?
4. Joy and Douglas have moved where?
(d) New York.
5. What change has Lewis made since he last saw Joy?
(a) A new dog.
(b) A new haircut.
(c) A new teaching position.
(d) A new house.
6. What do Lewis and Joy talk about?
(a) Warnie's fear of marriage.
(b) Joy's educational goals.
(c) Douglas' brush with death.
(d) Lewis' mother's cancer.
7. What describes the men's humor?
8. Lewis finds Joy reading a letter where?
(a) In the hallway.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In her bedroom.
9. Warnie states that Americans don't understand what?
10. What startles Lewis as he works?
(a) The sensation that someone is in the room.
(b) A bird at the window.
(c) A dog barking.
(d) The sound of the doorbell.
11. In the first scene, how many room are there?
12. Which word(s) best describe the wedding?
13. In what city does the play take place?
(d) Cape Town.
14. What is Lewis doing when Warnie enters the room?
(a) Watching television.
(b) Reading the newspaper.
(c) Building a shelf.
(d) Writing letters.
15. Why does Joy hesitate at Lewis' invitation?
(a) She's not sure if her husband will approve.
(b) She thinks Douglas will become too attached.
(c) She feels she may be overstepping her bounds.
(d) She wants to go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lewis and Warnie joke about Joy's what?
2. Why is Joy marrying Lewis?
3. What does Joy's son ask Lewis?
4. Who is present at Lewis and Joy's wedding?
5. Which college is Lewis from?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)