|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is skeptical about Joy's intentions?
(c) Joy's husband.
(d) Joy's son.
2. How does Douglas respond to questions about his father?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He doesn't really respond.
(c) He cries.
(d) He is excited to talk about his father.
3. Who is with Lewis as the scene opens?
4. As scene 5 opens, Lewis and Warnie are preparing for what?
(a) A lecture at Oxford.
(c) A trip to France.
(d) Joy's visit.
5. What are the guests surprised to learn?
(a) That Warnie has been seeing a woman socially.
(b) That Lewis and Warnie are going to sell their house.
(c) That Lewis has published a new book.
(d) That Joy and Douglas are visiting again.
6. What is Riley's theory on women?
(a) They are too rational.
(b) They like to shop and cook.
(c) They are more concerned about their looks than love.
(d) They are etremely different than men.
7. What does Lewis ask Joy about her return to America?
(a) How she plans to travel to America.
(b) When she'll be returning to see him.
(c) If she'll go to the house she shared with her husband.
(d) If she'll go on a book tour.
8. Including this visit, how many other times have Joy and Douglas been to the Lewis home?
9. Joy shares a national award with whom?
(a) Marilyn Monroe.
(b) Robert Frost.
(c) Marie Curie.
(d) Theodore Roosevelt.
10. Who initiated the marriage between Lewis and Joy?
11. What word describes Warnie?
12. Who is Lewis' brother?
13. Gossip is spreading about what?
(a) Douglas' father.
(b) Joy's divorce.
(c) Joy and Lewis' friendship.
(d) Warnie's girlfriend.
14. Warnie states that Americans don't understand what?
15. Lewis is surprised by what in Joy's poetry?
(a) The mention of Lewis.
(b) Joy's voice.
(c) Its dark subject.
(d) The quality.
Short Answer Questions
1. C.S. Lewis is also referred to by what name?
2. Lewis' brother has had too much of what?
3. What describes the men's humor?
4. Where does scene 10 open?
5. What does Lewis offer to Joy?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)