|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What irritates Lewis?
(a) That there are too many people in the house.
(b) That men and women can't be friends.
(c) That Warnie is interested in Joy.
(d) That he cannot be with Joy.
2. Lewis is surprised by what in Joy's poetry?
(a) The mention of Lewis.
(b) The quality.
(c) Joy's voice.
(d) Its dark subject.
3. Why has Joy written to Lewis?
(a) She wants to work with Lewis.
(b) She wants advice on love.
(c) She doesn't like his work.
(d) She wants to meet with him.
4. How does Joy respond to the insult?
(a) With indifference.
(b) With wit.
(c) With hurt feelings.
(d) With anger.
5. What is the name of Joy's son?
6. Lewis assures Warnie of what?
(a) That he still loves Warnie.
(b) That Lewis has no plans of marriage.
(c) That he and Joy are just friends.
(d) That Warnie will always have a home with him.
7. What does Lewis ask Joy?
(a) To marry him.
(b) To come for Christmas.
(c) To write a book with him.
(d) To let Douglas stay for another week.
8. What does Lewis offer to Joy?
(a) Money to help her get back to America.
(b) To watch Douglas for her.
(c) A place to stay.
(d) Help with her book.
9. Where does Lewis take his brother?
(a) To a movie.
(c) Out to dinner.
(d) A lecture.
10. What does Lewis encourage Warnie to do?
(a) Write a book.
(b) Join him in meeting Joy.
(c) Visit the United States.
(d) Marry the woman he's been seeing.
11. What topic are the men joking about?
12. Lewis asks Douglas about whom?
(d) Douglas' father.
13. Who is skeptical about Joy's intentions?
(a) Joy's son.
(c) Joy's husband.
14. What change has Lewis made since he last saw Joy?
(a) A new haircut.
(b) A new teaching position.
(c) A new dog.
(d) A new house.
15. How old is Lewis at the start of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lewis and Joy talk about?
2. In what country is the play set?
3. What does Joy's son want to do?
4. Who is Lewis' brother?
5. What type of flower is present at Joy's wedding?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)