|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lewis mentions a letter from whom?
(a) Mrs. Gresham.
(b) Mrs. Booth.
(c) Ms. Harvey.
(d) Ms. Van Dorn.
2. Which college is Lewis from?
3. When Lewis enters, he begins to address whom?
(a) His brother.
(b) His wife.
(c) A young woman.
(d) The audience.
4. Who is Joy coming to England with?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her son.
5. What does Lewis offer to Joy?
(a) A place to stay.
(b) To watch Douglas for her.
(c) Help with her book.
(d) Money to help her get back to America.
6. What news does the letter contain?
(a) Joy's husband has had an affair and wants a divorce.
(b) Joy's book of poetry is going to be published.
(c) Joy's mother has died.
(d) Joy's husband has died.
7. C.S. Lewis is also referred to by what name?
8. Why is Joy marrying Lewis?
(a) She has no money.
(b) British citizenship.
(c) She loves him.
(d) So Douglas will have a father.
9. Lewis says that God uses what to break through the selfishness of our nature?
10. What is Lewis talking about as the scene opens?
(a) How he likes being married.
(b) How he wants to move in with Joy.
(c) How Douglas likes England.
(d) A lecture he had been to.
11. Who is with Lewis as the scene opens?
12. Which word(s) best describe the wedding?
13. How old was Lewis when his mother died?
14. Lewis and Warnie joke about Joy's what?
(c) Love of books.
15. What is Joy preparing to do as the scene ends?
(a) Move to New York.
(b) Put Douglas to bed.
(c) Make dinner for Lewis.
(d) Kiss Lewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What change has Lewis made since he last saw Joy?
2. What does Joy's son ask Lewis?
3. Lewis and Joy banter about what?
4. What news does Lewis have for Warnie?
5. What profession are the men in?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)