|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joy's son wonder about Lewis' book?
(a) Whether the story is true.
(b) What happens after the story ends.
(c) When Lewis wrote it.
(d) How much it sells for.
2. What news does Lewis have for Warnie?
(a) He is moving in with Joy and Douglas.
(b) He has agreed to marry Joy.
(c) He is dying of cancer.
(d) He is taking a job in New York.
3. Who does Lewis live with?
4. Which book does Joy's son ask Lewis about?
(a) The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.
(b) The Magician's Nephew.
(c) The Screwtape Letters.
(d) Prince Caspian.
5. Who does Lewis reassure in this chapter that Lewis and Joy are just friends?
6. In what country is the play set?
(a) The United States.
(b) South Africa.
7. What does Warnie point out to Lewis?
(a) That Warnie is going to move out soon.
(b) That Joy loves her husband.
(c) That Douglas needs a father.
(d) That Lewis misses Joy.
8. What does Lewis ask Joy?
(a) To write a book with him.
(b) To marry him.
(c) To come for Christmas.
(d) To let Douglas stay for another week.
9. What does Warnie offer to Joy?
(a) To watch Douglas for her.
(b) To marry her.
(c) Money to go back to New York.
(d) To take her for a drink.
10. Including this visit, how many other times have Joy and Douglas been to the Lewis home?
11. Who initiated the marriage between Lewis and Joy?
12. What does C.S. Lewis enter with?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A briefcase.
(c) A cat.
(d) A glass of wine.
13. What surprises Lewis at the party?
(a) Joy's poem.
(b) Warnie's confession.
(c) Joy's husband.
(d) A present from Douglas.
14. Lewis and Joy make plans for what?
(a) A train ride.
(c) A trip to Austria.
(d) Co-writing a book.
15. Which word best describes the wedding rings?
(c) There were no wedding rings.
Short Answer Questions
1. As scene 5 opens, Lewis and Warnie are preparing for what?
2. Joy is from what country?
3. Who is the letter from?
4. What does Lewis ask Joy about her return to America?
5. What is Lewis doing when Warnie enters the room?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)