|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lewis not join Warnie?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He has to meet with his publisher.
(c) He has to get back to school.
(d) He is angry with Warnie.
2. Who enters the room as Lewis and Warnie talk?
3. What type of flower is present at Joy's wedding?
(a) There were no flowers.
4. How does Joy respond to the insult?
(a) With anger.
(b) With wit.
(c) With hurt feelings.
(d) With indifference.
5. What topic does Lewis address in his first words?
6. What topic are the men joking about?
7. Lewis says that God uses what to break through the selfishness of our nature?
8. What does C.S. Lewis enter with?
(a) A cat.
(b) A glass of wine.
(c) A briefcase.
(d) A newspaper.
9. What do Lewis and Joy discuss after he finds her reading the letter?
(a) Joy's feelings about Lewis.
(b) Joy's son.
(c) Joy's marriage.
(d) Joy's poetry.
10. Who is skeptical about Joy's intentions?
(c) Joy's son.
(d) Joy's husband.
11. What are Lewis and Warnie doing as scene 7 opens?
(a) Preparing to leave the house.
(b) Reading books.
(c) Eating breakfast.
(d) Talking at a party.
12. What is the name of Joy's son?
13. What does Warnie prod Joy about?
(a) Her education.
(b) Her poetry.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her parenting skills.
14. Which word(s) best describe the wedding?
15. What news does the letter contain?
(a) Joy's mother has died.
(b) Joy's book of poetry is going to be published.
(c) Joy's husband has had an affair and wants a divorce.
(d) Joy's husband has died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Lewis at the party?
2. What does Joy tell Lewis about Douglas?
3. Scene 3 mentions what at the back of the room?
4. Where does scene 9 open?
5. Lewis' brother has had too much of what?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)