|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lewis is surprised by what in Joy's poetry?
(a) Joy's voice.
(b) The mention of Lewis.
(c) The quality.
(d) Its dark subject.
2. What does Lewis do to help ease the tension between him and Joy?
(a) Leaves the room.
(b) Picks Joy a flower.
(c) Helps Joy unpack.
(d) Asks about Douglas.
3. Lewis asks Douglas about whom?
(b) Douglas' father.
4. As scene 5 opens, Lewis and Warnie are preparing for what?
(b) A lecture at Oxford.
(c) Joy's visit.
(d) A trip to France.
5. Why has Joy written to Lewis?
(a) She wants advice on love.
(b) She wants to meet with him.
(c) She doesn't like his work.
(d) She wants to work with Lewis.
6. Who is with Lewis as the scene opens?
7. Which word describes how Lewis feels about Joy's move?
8. What type of flower is present at Joy's wedding?
(b) There were no flowers.
9. What does Warnie offer to Joy?
(a) Money to go back to New York.
(b) To watch Douglas for her.
(c) To take her for a drink.
(d) To marry her.
10. Why does Joy hesitate at Lewis' invitation?
(a) She feels she may be overstepping her bounds.
(b) She thinks Douglas will become too attached.
(c) She wants to go home.
(d) She's not sure if her husband will approve.
11. What news does Lewis have for Warnie?
(a) He is taking a job in New York.
(b) He is moving in with Joy and Douglas.
(c) He has agreed to marry Joy.
(d) He is dying of cancer.
12. When Lewis enters, he begins to address whom?
(a) His brother.
(b) The audience.
(c) A young woman.
(d) His wife.
13. The wedding ceremony could best be described as what?
14. Where does scene 3 open?
(a) The dining hall.
(b) The garage.
(c) The study.
(d) The bedroom.
15. Why is Joy marrying Lewis?
(a) She has no money.
(b) So Douglas will have a father.
(c) She loves him.
(d) British citizenship.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country is the play set?
2. During Lewis and Joy's conversation, the set changes to what location?
3. Lewis and Warnie joke about Joy's what?
4. What is Joy preparing to do as the scene ends?
5. Joy and Douglas have moved where?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)