|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word describes how Lewis feels about Joy's move?
2. Which word best describes the wedding rings?
(a) There were no wedding rings.
3. Lewis finds Joy reading a letter where?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the hallway.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In her bedroom.
4. What does Warnie do as he and Lewis talk?
(a) Drinks coffee.
(b) Reads the newspaper.
(c) Gets dressed.
(d) Cleans the window.
5. Where are Lewis and Warnie when the scene opens?
(a) In the garden.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) The study.
(d) Joy's hotel.
6. As scene 5 opens, Lewis and Warnie are preparing for what?
(a) Joy's visit.
(b) A lecture at Oxford.
(c) A trip to France.
7. How does Joy leave Lewis' home?
(a) Happy about the future.
(b) In tears.
(d) Scared of her feelings toward Lewis.
8. Which college is Lewis from?
9. How does Warnie feel about this news?
10. Who is present at Lewis and Joy's wedding?
11. What is Lewis doing as the scene opens?
(a) Reading a newspaper.
(c) Getting married.
(d) Talking to Warnie.
12. What does Joy's son ask Lewis?
(a) To buy them dinner.
(b) To take him to Oxford.
(c) To sign a book.
(d) To marry his mother.
13. What does Joy tell Lewis about Douglas?
(a) He is settling in well.
(b) He is failing in school.
(c) He wants to live with his father.
(d) He is sick.
14. What assertion does Lewis make about God?
(a) God should have destroyed the earth.
(b) God hates those who sin.
(c) God does not want us to be happy.
(d) There is no free will.
15. What does Lewis ask Joy about her return to America?
(a) When she'll be returning to see him.
(b) If she'll go to the house she shared with her husband.
(c) If she'll go on a book tour.
(d) How she plans to travel to America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lewis doing as the scene opens?
2. Who is Lewis' brother?
3. Lewis says that God uses what to break through the selfishness of our nature?
4. In what city does the play take place?
5. Lewis' brother has had too much of what?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)