|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word describes how Lewis feels about Joy's move?
2. Who does Joy tell Lewis that he should check with about his plans?
(c) Joy's husband.
(d) Lewis' father.
3. Who is with Lewis as the scene opens?
4. Why does Lewis not join Warnie?
(a) He is angry with Warnie.
(b) He has to get back to school.
(c) He has to meet with his publisher.
(d) He is ill.
5. What profession are the men in?
6. What is Lewis doing when Warnie enters the room?
(a) Watching television.
(b) Reading the newspaper.
(c) Building a shelf.
(d) Writing letters.
7. What irritates Lewis?
(a) That there are too many people in the house.
(b) That men and women can't be friends.
(c) That he cannot be with Joy.
(d) That Warnie is interested in Joy.
8. During Lewis and Joy's conversation, the set changes to what location?
(a) The garden.
(b) Lewis' house.
(c) Lewis' office.
(d) Joy's house.
9. What is the name of Joy's son?
10. What surprises Lewis at the party?
(a) Joy's poem.
(b) Joy's husband.
(c) Warnie's confession.
(d) A present from Douglas.
11. Lewis says that God uses what to break through the selfishness of our nature?
12. What do Lewis and Joy talk about?
(a) Joy's educational goals.
(b) Lewis' mother's cancer.
(c) Douglas' brush with death.
(d) Warnie's fear of marriage.
13. Who does Lewis reassure in this chapter that Lewis and Joy are just friends?
14. What happens to Joy in this scene?
(a) She tells Lewis she wants a divorce.
(b) She collapses in pain.
(c) She finds out that Lewis loves her.
(d) She is fired from her job.
15. Lewis says that life is what?
(a) A mere shadow of the next.
(b) A testing ground for God's children.
(c) A series of misfortunate events.
(d) A caterpiller becoming a butterfly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gossip is spreading about what?
2. In what city does the play take place?
3. Who is present at Lewis and Joy's wedding?
4. Which word(s) best describe the wedding?
5. What are the guests surprised to learn?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)