|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Lewis have for Warnie?
(a) He is moving in with Joy and Douglas.
(b) He is dying of cancer.
(c) He is taking a job in New York.
(d) He has agreed to marry Joy.
2. Lewis' brother has had too much of what?
3. Which college is Lewis from?
4. Lewis says that God uses what to break through the selfishness of our nature?
5. Scene 3 mentions what at the back of the room?
(a) A car.
(b) A lamp.
(c) A wardrobe.
(d) A table.
6. How does Joy leave Lewis' home?
(b) Scared of her feelings toward Lewis.
(c) Happy about the future.
(d) In tears.
7. Lewis finds Joy reading a letter where?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the hallway.
(c) In her bedroom.
(d) In the garden.
8. Where does scene four open?
(a) A classroom.
(b) A hotel room.
(c) A tearoom.
(d) A dining room.
9. Where does scene 9 open?
(a) Joy's home.
(b) Oxford University.
(c) Lewis' home.
(d) The Registrar's office.
10. The wedding ceremony could best be described as what?
11. Who is skeptical about Joy's intentions?
(c) Joy's son.
(d) Joy's husband.
12. Who does Lewis see that surprises him?
13. How old was Lewis when his mother died?
14. Who is with Lewis as the scene opens?
15. Lewis says that life is what?
(a) A caterpiller becoming a butterfly.
(b) A testing ground for God's children.
(c) A mere shadow of the next.
(d) A series of misfortunate events.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joy's son ask Lewis?
2. When Lewis enters, he begins to address whom?
3. What happens to Joy in this scene?
4. How does Douglas respond to questions about his father?
5. What is Lewis doing as the scene opens?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)