|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is revealed that Joy is what?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A professor.
(c) A dancer.
(d) A poet.
2. How does Joy leave Lewis' home?
(b) In tears.
(c) Scared of her feelings toward Lewis.
(d) Happy about the future.
3. Where is Joy's husband?
(a) New York.
4. What does Warnie offer to Joy?
(a) To take her for a drink.
(b) Money to go back to New York.
(c) To watch Douglas for her.
(d) To marry her.
5. During Lewis and Joy's conversation, the set changes to what location?
(a) Lewis' office.
(b) Lewis' house.
(c) Joy's house.
(d) The garden.
6. What irritates Lewis?
(a) That he cannot be with Joy.
(b) That Warnie is interested in Joy.
(c) That men and women can't be friends.
(d) That there are too many people in the house.
7. What does Joy ask of Lewis?
(a) To forget he ever met her.
(b) To be her friend.
(c) To let her move in.
(d) To care for Douglas.
8. Where does scene four open?
(a) A dining room.
(b) A hotel room.
(c) A classroom.
(d) A tearoom.
9. Who is with Lewis as the scene opens?
10. Why does Lewis not join Warnie?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He has to meet with his publisher.
(c) He is angry with Warnie.
(d) He has to get back to school.
11. Who does Lewis see that surprises him?
12. Lewis mentions a letter from whom?
(a) Ms. Van Dorn.
(b) Ms. Harvey.
(c) Mrs. Booth.
(d) Mrs. Gresham.
13. Who is with Lewis as the scene opens?
14. What does Warnie do as he and Lewis talk?
(a) Gets dressed.
(b) Cleans the window.
(c) Drinks coffee.
(d) Reads the newspaper.
15. What do Joy and Lewis joke about?
(b) New York.
(c) English culture.
(d) Their secret marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the letter from?
2. What does Lewis offer to Joy?
3. What is Lewis doing when Warnie enters the room?
4. Which word(s) best describe the wedding?
5. Lewis assures Warnie of what?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)