|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What assertion does Lewis make about God?
(a) God does not want us to be happy.
(b) God should have destroyed the earth.
(c) God hates those who sin.
(d) There is no free will.
2. Where does scene 10 open?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) Lewis' house.
(c) Joy's house.
(d) A church.
3. Where are Lewis and Warnie when the scene opens?
(a) In the garden.
(b) Joy's hotel.
(c) The study.
(d) A grocery store.
4. What is Lewis talking about as the scene opens?
(a) How he wants to move in with Joy.
(b) A lecture he had been to.
(c) How he likes being married.
(d) How Douglas likes England.
5. Why has Joy written to Lewis?
(a) She wants to meet with him.
(b) She doesn't like his work.
(c) She wants to work with Lewis.
(d) She wants advice on love.
6. Where does Douglas go?
(a) To school.
(c) To New York.
(d) To bed.
7. What do Joy and Lewis joke about?
(b) Their secret marriage.
(c) New York.
(d) English culture.
8. What do Lewis and Joy talk about?
(a) Warnie's fear of marriage.
(b) Lewis' mother's cancer.
(c) Douglas' brush with death.
(d) Joy's educational goals.
9. Including this visit, how many other times have Joy and Douglas been to the Lewis home?
10. In what city does the play take place?
(c) Cape Town.
11. Who teases Lewis about Joy?
12. What does Joy's son ask Lewis?
(a) To buy them dinner.
(b) To marry his mother.
(c) To take him to Oxford.
(d) To sign a book.
13. Why is Joy marrying Lewis?
(a) British citizenship.
(b) She has no money.
(c) She loves him.
(d) So Douglas will have a father.
14. Lewis and Joy make plans for what?
(b) A train ride.
(c) A trip to Austria.
(d) Co-writing a book.
15. Which book does Joy's son ask Lewis about?
(a) The Magician's Nephew.
(b) The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.
(c) Prince Caspian.
(d) The Screwtape Letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what decade is the play set?
2. Lewis and Warnie joke about Joy's what?
3. Where does scene 9 open?
4. What is Lewis doing when Warnie enters the room?
5. Warnie states that Americans don't understand what?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)