|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Douglas go?
(a) To school.
(b) To New York.
(c) To bed.
2. Where are Lewis and Warnie when the scene opens?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) The study.
(c) In the garden.
(d) Joy's hotel.
3. C.S. Lewis is also referred to by what name?
4. Lewis mentions a letter from whom?
(a) Ms. Van Dorn.
(b) Mrs. Booth.
(c) Ms. Harvey.
(d) Mrs. Gresham.
5. Lewis assures Warnie of what?
(a) That he and Joy are just friends.
(b) That Warnie will always have a home with him.
(c) That Lewis has no plans of marriage.
(d) That he still loves Warnie.
6. What change has Lewis made since he last saw Joy?
(a) A new teaching position.
(b) A new dog.
(c) A new house.
(d) A new haircut.
7. Which word(s) best describe the wedding?
8. Who does Lewis live with?
9. What topic does Lewis address in his first words?
10. What does Lewis encourage Warnie to do?
(a) Visit the United States.
(b) Write a book.
(c) Join him in meeting Joy.
(d) Marry the woman he's been seeing.
11. How does Douglas respond to questions about his father?
(a) He cries.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He doesn't really respond.
(d) He is excited to talk about his father.
12. Scene 6 opens at what?
(a) A hotel restuarant.
(b) A lecture.
(c) A Christmas party.
(d) A theater play.
13. Why does Joy hesitate at Lewis' invitation?
(a) She thinks Douglas will become too attached.
(b) She wants to go home.
(c) She's not sure if her husband will approve.
(d) She feels she may be overstepping her bounds.
14. Where is Joy's husband?
(b) New York.
15. What does Joy tell Lewis about Douglas?
(a) He wants to live with his father.
(b) He is failing in school.
(c) He is settling in well.
(d) He is sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lewis respond to Joy's request?
2. Which college is Lewis from?
3. In what decade is the play set?
4. The wedding ceremony could best be described as what?
5. As scene 5 opens, Lewis and Warnie are preparing for what?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)