|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Warnie offer to Joy?
(a) To take her for a drink.
(b) To marry her.
(c) Money to go back to New York.
(d) To watch Douglas for her.
2. What is Lewis doing as the scene opens?
(a) Lecturing to a class.
(b) Working on his book.
(c) Waiting for Joy.
(d) Reading a magazine.
3. What do Joy and Lewis joke about?
(a) Their secret marriage.
(b) New York.
(d) English culture.
4. What assertion does Lewis make about God?
(a) God should have destroyed the earth.
(b) There is no free will.
(c) God hates those who sin.
(d) God does not want us to be happy.
5. What does Lewis ask Douglas about in the scene?
(a) If he wants to go to Paris.
(b) How he felt about moving.
(c) What is he is doing in school.
(d) Whether he'd like a dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Joy have?
2. What does Lewis ask Harrington?
3. Why does Lewis not join Warnie?
4. How did Joy first fall in love with Lewis?
5. Where does scene four open?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)