|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joy hesitate at Lewis' invitation?
(a) She feels she may be overstepping her bounds.
(b) She's not sure if her husband will approve.
(c) She thinks Douglas will become too attached.
(d) She wants to go home.
2. What are Lewis and Warnie doing as scene 7 opens?
(a) Preparing to leave the house.
(b) Eating breakfast.
(c) Reading books.
(d) Talking at a party.
3. Joy is from what country?
(c) The United States.
(d) South Africa.
4. What does Lewis do to help ease the tension between him and Joy?
(a) Asks about Douglas.
(b) Helps Joy unpack.
(c) Leaves the room.
(d) Picks Joy a flower.
5. It is revealed that Joy is what?
(a) A poet.
(b) A dancer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes the wedding rings?
2. How did Joy first fall in love with Lewis?
3. What does Douglas see open?
4. During Lewis and Joy's conversation, the set changes to what location?
5. What surprises Lewis at the party?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)