|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does the letter contain?
(a) Joy's book of poetry is going to be published.
(b) Joy's mother has died.
(c) Joy's husband has died.
(d) Joy's husband has had an affair and wants a divorce.
2. What is Joy preparing to do as the scene ends?
(a) Move to New York.
(b) Put Douglas to bed.
(c) Kiss Lewis.
(d) Make dinner for Lewis.
3. What does Lewis ask Joy about her return to America?
(a) When she'll be returning to see him.
(b) If she'll go on a book tour.
(c) How she plans to travel to America.
(d) If she'll go to the house she shared with her husband.
4. C.S. Lewis is also referred to by what name?
5. What does Lewis say about Douglas?
(a) Douglas is doing well in school.
(b) Douglas is angry with him over Joy's illness.
(c) Lewis is going to take him in if Joy dies.
(d) Douglas is going back to New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what decade is the play set?
2. Joy shares a national award with whom?
3. What does Lewis ask Joy?
4. What does Douglas see open?
5. What do Harrington and Riley remind Lewis of?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)