|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lewis says that life is what?
(a) A series of misfortunate events.
(b) A caterpiller becoming a butterfly.
(c) A mere shadow of the next.
(d) A testing ground for God's children.
2. In what decade is the play set?
3. Who does Joy tell Lewis that he should check with about his plans?
(a) Joy's husband.
(c) Lewis' father.
4. What does Joy's son ask Lewis?
(a) To take him to Oxford.
(b) To buy them dinner.
(c) To sign a book.
(d) To marry his mother.
5. What does Lewis do to help ease the tension between him and Joy?
(a) Picks Joy a flower.
(b) Leaves the room.
(c) Asks about Douglas.
(d) Helps Joy unpack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic are the men joking about?
2. Lewis is surprised by what in Joy's poetry?
3. Where does the second scene open?
4. What does Warnie prod Joy about?
5. How old is Lewis at the start of the play?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)