|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lewis says that life is what?
(a) A caterpiller becoming a butterfly.
(b) A testing ground for God's children.
(c) A mere shadow of the next.
(d) A series of misfortunate events.
2. Where does the second scene open?
(a) Lewis' bedroom.
(b) A dining hall.
(c) A movie theater.
(d) The living room.
3. What news does the letter contain?
(a) Joy's book of poetry is going to be published.
(b) Joy's husband has had an affair and wants a divorce.
(c) Joy's husband has died.
(d) Joy's mother has died.
4. Warnie states that Americans don't understand what?
5. Lewis and Warnie joke about Joy's what?
(d) Love of books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is skeptical about Joy's intentions?
2. Which word describes how Lewis feels about Joy's move?
3. Lewis says that God uses what to break through the selfishness of our nature?
4. What does Lewis ask Joy?
5. In what city does the play take place?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)