|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Lewis and Warnie when the scene opens?
(a) Joy's hotel.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) In the garden.
(d) The study.
2. What is the name of Joy's son?
3. In what decade is the play set?
4. What news does the letter contain?
(a) Joy's book of poetry is going to be published.
(b) Joy's husband has died.
(c) Joy's husband has had an affair and wants a divorce.
(d) Joy's mother has died.
5. As scene 5 opens, Lewis and Warnie are preparing for what?
(a) A lecture at Oxford.
(b) Joy's visit.
(c) A trip to France.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joy's son ask Lewis?
2. Including this visit, how many other times have Joy and Douglas been to the Lewis home?
3. What does Lewis promise Joy?
4. Lewis is surprised by what in Joy's poetry?
5. What are Lewis and Warnie doing as scene 7 opens?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)