|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joy hesitate at Lewis' invitation?
(a) She feels she may be overstepping her bounds.
(b) She thinks Douglas will become too attached.
(c) She's not sure if her husband will approve.
(d) She wants to go home.
2. What does Joy's son ask Lewis?
(a) To marry his mother.
(b) To buy them dinner.
(c) To sign a book.
(d) To take him to Oxford.
3. In the first scene, how many room are there?
4. When Lewis enters, he begins to address whom?
(a) His wife.
(b) The audience.
(c) His brother.
(d) A young woman.
5. Lewis is surprised by what in Joy's poetry?
(a) The mention of Lewis.
(b) Its dark subject.
(c) The quality.
(d) Joy's voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joy's son wonder about Lewis' book?
2. Joy shares a national award with whom?
3. What topic does Lewis address in his first words?
4. Including this visit, how many other times have Joy and Douglas been to the Lewis home?
5. In what city does the play take place?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)